What's new

Operation Topac

There is not much the GoI could have done. There isn't much the GoI could do even now were Pakistan to cancel the ceasefire on the LoC, and resort once again to providing covering fire and actively assist insurgents in infiltrating.

GoI has used the ceasefire quite judiciously. The electrified double fence is in place in most places, and they are planning on increasing the area and adding more things to the fence.

They have also installed unmanned sensors along with god knows what and how many sensors along the LoC, all courtesy Israel. Their Army Chief has also gone on inspection tours to Kashmir to assess situation first hand. More forces have been deployed.

In a nutshell, there's a lot GoI has done to ensure that next time round, when Pakistan wants to send terrorists, it has a substantially difficulty in doing so.

GoI has used the ceasefire quite judiciously. The electrified double fence is in place in most places, and they are planning on increasing the area and adding more things to the fence.

They have also installed unmanned sensors along with god knows what and how many sensors along the LoC, all courtesy Israel. Their Army Chief has also gone on inspection tours to Kashmir to assess situation first hand. More forces have been deployed.

In a nutshell, there's a lot GoI has done to ensure that next time round, when Pakistan wants to send terrorists, it has a substantially difficulty in doing so.

Nothing a few artillery and mortar barrages won't take down ;)

But in any case, not somethign I would recommend be restarted by Pakistan - the future is peaceful dialog, no matter how many obstructionists and supporters of illegal and immoral positions like you exist on the Indian side. ;)

Nothing a few artillery and mortar barrages won't take down ;)
Not that simple, ask those who have worked on the field or are currently on it. It has been a time well utilized by India.

But in any case, not somethign I would recommend be restarted by Pakistan - the future is peaceful dialog, no matter how many obstructionists and supporters of illegal and immoral positions like you exist on the Indian side. ;)

Ah!-The slyly inserted sarcasm and accusation..Priceless! :)

I support trade with Pakistan primarily-that will automatically lead to dialogue. Everything actually except for Kashmir.

Thats not obstructionism, thats pragmatism.

Not that simple, ask those who have worked on the field or are currently on it. It has been a time well utilized by India.

The bottom line is that there are no artillery or bomb proof fences and electronic detection systems. If the PA wants rebels to roll through, they will find a way even if it means digging tunnels through the mountains or finding paths that have been cleared by snowfall or landslides. And speaking of tunnels, this is the PA, not the poor Palestinians for whom an Israeli fence is difficult to break. You just can’t base your argument on hearsay about how “time is well utilized by India”, you have to come up with more than that.

Ah!-The slyly inserted sarcasm and accusation..Priceless!
MasterCard!

The bottom line is that there are no artillery or bomb proof fences and electronic detection systems. If the PA wants rebels to roll through, they will find a way even if it means digging tunnels through the mountains or finding paths that have been cleared by snowfall or landslides.
Yes, and the entire point of system they have laid at the borders is that it is equally tougher for the PA to send in the terrorists. No defence system is fool-proof, the point is to ensure that in most of the cases the terrorists are detected and gunned down, and the cost of successful infiltration are sufficiently high and sufficiently difficult to deter PA from doing it repeatedly.

Electric Fence is only one aspect of the entire system they have planned and are laying there. Next question- Do you know whether there are no bomb proof electronic detection systems? Because I do know.

If the PA has to spend time and resources to dig tunnels through mountains to infiltrate a dozen terrorists, i think its almost mission accomplished for India.

And speaking of tunnels, this is the PA, not the poor Palestinians for whom an Israeli fence is difficult to break. You just can’t base your argument on hearsay about how “time is well utilized by India”, you have to come up with more than that.
If you think that just the fact that PA is not the 'poor Palestinians' which would imply they will miraculously beat all defence systems and equipment thrown at them-then Kudos to them!

I have been contributing to this forum for almost two months now. During this i time i have fought with the sheer arrogance of the moderators and admins of this forum.

The final straw was when they closed my welcome thread, as some of my friends were posting there.

I asked them for a reason and the reply was and i quote " i shall consider myself lucky that it was allowed for that long..."

No I don't consider myself lucky at all, they shall consider themselves lucky that people, like myself, waste their time by posting on this web page.

As far as i am concern if my welcome thread is not good enough to be here then they don't deserve to have my other contributions to this forum either.

Hence i am withdrawing all my posts from this forum.

Last edited:
Another proof of the falsity of this statement is Gen Zia's actions as narrated by Maj Gen Tajammul.
According to Gen Tajammul, when dismissing Tajammul, he said that "this guy {tajammil} is a fanatic". Other anecdotal evidence also suggests that, while Gen Zia was devout in his prayers etc., he was very pragmatic. It would be out of character for him to make statements like the ones attributed to him in this narrative.
Actually it reads something like the Indian fiction writer Ravi Rikye would write...

Back
Top Bottom