What's new

Operation Searchlight : The tape and the transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not getting into all this again. You can do a search for the threads that explain this fully.

Here's a summary

1) your great links are to sites such as "www.docstrangelove.com" and blogspots - Sarmilla Bose presented her research to an international audience at a major convention that included the most eminent researchers on the conflict, including Bengali. And they all agreed with her!

2) If you'd bothered to click the link I gave, you can see there's actual photographic evidence that the Jessore Massacre was of Bihari civilians, and they were not Bengalis that were massacred. This incident which was blamed on the PA was one of the highlighted incidents in the War of Liberation. It proved to be a fraud.

The accepted figure now is that 30,000 Bengalis were killed in the war, though Bangladeshi researchers claim it as high as 300,000. That' a lot less than 3,000,000 though!

here are two more videos, submitted for relevency of the members. both from nbc archive

Last edited by a moderator:
omipial, sir
wellcome on board MR,Muktihi Bahini, SIR:cheers:

i guss, you are still suffereing , from BENGALI NATIONALIST VIRUS, & cant pass it through, & cant find your way in todays BANGLADESH.;):lol::tsk::wave::wave:

For very obvious reasons I am locking this thread. The issues that these videos highlight have been discussed in many threads. While nobody on the West Pakistani side denies that atrocities did take place, there was back and forth and perpetrators were on both sides of the divide. The recent BDR mutiny freshened up the memories of many in Pakistan who lost their loved ones in similar revolts in 1971. The killings were not limited to combatants unfortunately.

As such it is difficult to allow only one side of the atrocities to be presented when there are victims on both sides of the affair. The way this thread is going, I have no doubt that this will degenerate into something ugly really quickly.

The mods and admins try to do their level best to give the other sides chances to voice their views, however this particular subject has been discussed ad nauseam in many threads. Just search the forum and you will find a multitude of posts and threads on this recriminatory topic.

As far as I know, despite having gone through multiple threads and posts on these issues, no solution is in sight and I doubt posting more of this is helping the case. The discussions should be about how to take the relations forward (especially when the Pakistan side has already talked of reconciliation at the state level) instead of digging up more dirt (which can be dug up by the tons on both sides).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom