What's new

Operation Rah-e-Nijat (South Waziristan)

i'm not the biggest fan of afghans --especially the ones in Pakistan....

but why say that?

Guud question!

Well my statement didnt imply that EVERY Afghani is a terrorist, but yes i did mean that most Afghanis (if not all) are trained fighters, fighters in a sense that they can be molded in just any form and then directed against just anyone.

Now talking strictly of my statement, how would differentiate or for that matter make sure that this aid/training/weaponry etc that is being provided to and ordinary Afghan, would not be turned against the supplier?!

Majority of these people are divided into two groups (not talking demographically) i.e. For and Against the US/Coalition, if the same people who were fighting with the US a decade or two ago can turn against them, who would stop others from doing the same?!

More importantly, what's the guarantee that the aid that S-2 was talking about would stay where it was intended for? We very well know that ANA 'soldiers' have been 'giving away' (their) US weapons for money and stuff.

i hope i am clear, buddy.

WANA: Peshawar school students celebrated Eid-ul-Azha with soldiers of Pakistan Army in Southern Waziristan giving them gifts.

School students reached Razmak to deliver their Eid wishes to the jawans of Pak army participating in Operation Rah-e-Nijat.

On this occasion students gave gifts and flowers to the jawans.

The object of the visit was to encourage the morale of the soldiers fighting on fronts.

Students also visited the Makeen area of Southern Waziristan.

Soldiers also delivered their Eid wishes to the nation and their families. - Geo News

Guud question!

Well my statement didnt imply that EVERY Afghani is a terrorist, but yes i did mean that most Afghanis (if not all) are trained fighters, fighters in a sense that they can be molded in just any form and then directed against just anyone.

Now talking strictly of my statement, how would differentiate or for that matter make sure that this aid/training/weaponry etc that is being provided to and ordinary Afghan, would not be turned against the supplier?!

Majority of these people are divided into two groups (not talking demographically) i.e. For and Against the US/Coalition, if the same people who were fighting with the US a decade or two ago can turn against them, who would stop others from doing the same?!

More importantly, what's the guarantee that the aid that S-2 was talking about would stay where it was intended for? We very well know that ANA 'soldiers' have been 'giving away' (their) US weapons for money and stuff.

well you do bring up a very important point, sir!

RAWA.ORG: Taleban Find Unexpected Arms Source

the only way for peace at this point is to engage the foreign militants and restore local governance and writ. I would LIKE to think that what happens in FATA has no relevance to what happens across the Durand Line.

But such is not the case. Therefore Pakistan should also make it very clear that we WANT foreign forces to withdraw from Afghanistan. Otherwise things will just stay messy. It would be helpful if certain nearby countries would shut down their terrorist training "consullates" in Afghanistan and i believe DG ISPR is doing a good job presenting the facts on this issue.

Those not willing to lay down their arms will die fighting or get wounded and apprehended. And that is fine, Army is doing good job cleaning up the place.

Last edited:
Guud question!

well you do bring up a very important point, sir!

RAWA.ORG: Taleban Find Unexpected Arms Source

the only way for peace at this point is to engage the foreign militants and restore local governance and writ. I would LIKE to think that what happens in FATA has no relevance to what happens across the Durand Line.

But such is not the case. Therefore Pakistan should also make it very clear that we WANT foreign forces to withdraw from Afghanistan. Otherwise things will just stay messy. It would be helpful if certain nearby countries would shut down their terrorist training "consullates" in Afghanistan and i believe DG ISPR is doing a good job presenting the facts on this issue.

Those not willing to lay down their arms will die fighting or get wounded and apprehended. And that is fine, Army is doing good job cleaning up the place.

No 506/2009-ISPR Dated: November 29, 2009

Rawalpindi - November 29, 2009: The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visited Makeen and Wana to celebrate Eid with troops engaged in operations in South Waziristan. Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman also accompanied the COAS.

During informal interaction with troops the COAS appreciated their morale and congratulated them on successful conduct of operations. He also lauded the cooperation and support extended by Pakistan Air Force in this regard. The COAS said that the sacrifices being made by Army personnel reflected their resolve and commitment to rid the Country of the menace of terrorism.

The COAS said that after creating conducive environment for the safe return of Displaced People to South Waziristan, the Army would also participate in development and rehabilitation process in the area.
Earlier on arrival in the area, COAS was received by Lieutenant General, Muhammad Masood Aslam, Corps Commander Peshawar.

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani accompanied by Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman visited South Waziristan today. (29-11-2009) – Photo ISPR

COAS visits Makeen, Wana to celebrate Eid with troops

RAWALPINDI, Nov 29,(APP): The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visited Makeen and Wana to celebrate Eid with troops engaged in operations in South Waziristan.Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman also accompanied the COAS.During informal interaction with troops the COAS appreciated their morale and congratulated them on successful conduct of operations.He also lauded the cooperation and support extended by Pakistan Air Force in this regard. The COAS said that the sacrifices being made by Army personnel reflected their resolve and commitment to rid the country of the menace of terrorism.

The COAS said that after creating conducive environment for the safe return of Displaced People to South Waziristan, the Army would also participate in development and rehabilitation process in the area.

Earlier on arrival in the area, COAS was received by Lieutenant General, Muhammad Masood Aslam, Corps Commander Peshawar.

President directs urgent finalization of post operation plan for South Waziristan

ISLAMABAD, Nov 29 (APP): President Asif Ali Zardari has directed Governor Frontier Owais Ghani to urgently finalize the comprehensive rehabilitation cum developmental package for stabilizing the post operation of South Waziristan.“As we draw towards a close of the anti-militancy operation we need to fine-tune the rehabilitation and reconstruction plan for South Waziristan so as to reconstruct the damaged infrastructure on the one hand and to drive out the ghost of militancy for ever from the region”, the President said in a communication to Governor Owais Ghani on Sunday.

Briefing newsmen, spokesperson to the President Farhatullah Babar said that the President will also hold a briefing by relevant departments in the Presidency after Eid to review the rehabilitation and reconstruction plan.

The plan will be put into action soon after the cessation of operation in the South Waziristan Agency, he said, adding, the plan will have the short term, medium term and long term objectives.

In the short term the displaced people will be rehabilitated in their homes and the damaged infrastructure repaired. In the medium term new developmental projects will be undertaken that provide new economic opportunities to the people.

Whereas in the long term measures will be taken to reform the militant mindset through education, social and political reforms and giving people ownership in mega development projects through public private partnership, he said.

Farhatullah Babar said that the President emphasized the need for a concerted post operation plan to be put into place soon after the end of hostilities and the elimination of militants in South Waziristan.

The President envisages the plan to mesh into the anti militancy structure at the national level involving several elements such as managing the border security by stabilizing the adjoining areas on both sides of the Pak-Afghan border, long term rehabilitation of the economy, setting up of a separate civilian security structure to fight militants and eliminating the sources of funding of militants, he said.

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani accompanied by Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman visited South Waziristan today. (29-11-2009) – Photo ISPR[/QUOTE]

Which gun is this SSG commando holding ???:undecided:

HK417?

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | At least 61 militants killed in Khyber tribal region

ISLAMABAD: At least 61 militants were killed and 87 others, including locals, Uzbeks and Afghans, were arrested during the ongoing search operation in the Khyber tribal region, FC commandant Brigadier Fayyaz told a press conference.

At the press conference in Bara tehsil, Brigadier Fayyaz said security forces cleared most parts of the tehsil and the current operation in the area was successful.

Security forces also recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition. They also destroyed 27 vehicles, ten hideouts and five tunnels. Brigadier Fayyaz said. — DawnNews

Back
Top Bottom