What's new

Olympic dream dashed for Indian gold medallists

Well, your opinion.

My suggestion is to look things positively .

WATCH YOUR DREAMS ;THEY BECOME THOUGHTS.

WATCH YOUR THOUGHTS ;THEY BECOME WORDS.

WATCH YOUR WORDS ;THEY BECOME ACTIONS.

WATCH YOUR ACTIONS ;THEY BECOME HABITS.

WATCH YOUR HABITS ;THEY BECOME THE CHARACTER.

WATCH YOUR CHARACTER ;IT BECOMES YOUR DESTINY.
Positivity for whom?You cant just brush the issues by saying i'm looking for positivity.It took Even Abraham Lincoln to put his foot down ultimately to abolish slavery.He didnt went into the jugglery of words like 'positivity' ,'glass half fill' etc to brush the issue aside.When we can have full filled up glass then why go for seeing glass half filled?

WATCH YOUR DREAMS ;THEY BECOME THOUGHTS.

WATCH YOUR THOUGHTS ;THEY BECOME WORDS.

WATCH YOUR WORDS ;THEY BECOME ACTIONS.

WATCH YOUR ACTIONS ;THEY BECOME HABITS.

WATCH YOUR HABITS ;THEY BECOME THE CHARACTER.

WATCH YOUR CHARACTER ;IT BECOMES YOUR DESTINY.

Dunno what sense it makes in this thread but it sounded almost enlightened :P :woot:

Dunno what sense it makes in this thread but it sounded almost enlightened :P :woot:

Ha ha..

Actually , it is misplaced.

Being a Saturday, one has time so the urge to impart Gyan overcame me !!;)

Goodwill, support pours in for Kunhu, Abraham - Times Of India

BANGALORE: Top athletes P Kunhumohammed and Joseph G Abraham on Thursday were flooded with calls offering financial support after they failed to muster Rs 30,000 to compete in the Sri Lankan national athletics meet in Colombo.

"I got calls from several well-wishers offering support, including my employers Indian Army, but it was too late. I can still run but have lost it in my mind," Kunhumohammed told TOI from National Institute of Sports, Patiala.

"I thank everyone for their love and support and promise that I will work hard and do well in future," said Kunhumohammed, who will leave the national camp on Friday en route to his hometown in Palakkad for a small break before resuming training.

Ἀπόλλων;3153337 said:
Goodwill, support pours in for Kunhu, Abraham - Times Of India

BANGALORE: Top athletes P Kunhumohammed and Joseph G Abraham on Thursday were flooded with calls offering financial support after they failed to muster Rs 30,000 to compete in the Sri Lankan national athletics meet in Colombo.

"I got calls from several well-wishers offering support, including my employers Indian Army, but it was too late. I can still run but have lost it in my mind," Kunhumohammed told TOI from National Institute of Sports, Patiala.

"I thank everyone for their love and support and promise that I will work hard and do well in future," said Kunhumohammed, who will leave the national camp on Friday en route to his hometown in Palakkad for a small break before resuming training.

Good to know.

Irony is that both in India and Pakistan the only sports which companies are interested in is Cricket, which i find unfair, feel sorry for those two
Exactly! Just look at our cricket kings. The seniors get Rs 60 Lakhs per year as 'salary' even if they don't play a single game! Add to that the moolah they get for each test/one dayer/T20. Further add the sponsorship fees of companies to these guys that run into millions of dollars!

And we don't even have walking shoes for our walkers selected for the Olympics!! Jeeez! This really really sucks! :tdown:

Guys we need to stop blaming cricket for everything... Cricketers do perform.. Its not as if, they get a free cheque...
How many know that India reached Asian Football Championship Finals in 1960 and had its glory in olympics in 1956 reached semis!
See where is Hockey now, from 1980's.. Indian coaches developed western hockey, and now western coaches are training us.. Shame... Cricket was invisible to all masses till 1983, when Kapil dev's men lifted world cup... Before that cricket was unheard of except in cities and less towns...
Persons have to perform to get international recognition and sponsors... Abhinav Bindra won gold and money flowed to him... Same goes to Mary kom, sania mirza, Saina Nehwal, Somdev devvarman...
They have to perform out of skin consistently...

Back
Top Bottom