What's new

Old Bangla Photos

Dhaka 1890 - Painting of Government House

1sjw2d.jpg

Dhaka 1912 - Curzon Hall, build first to be a government office building later became the premise for Dacca College.

2d8m2vm.jpg

Dhaka 1906 - All India Muslim Educational Conferrence which resulted in the formation 'All India Muslim League'.

15x06yx.jpg

Dhaka 1906 - Prayer meeting of Muslim supporters of British Empire

2ymerdt.jpg

Bengal Regiment, 1940

bi9o29.jpg

1964 - Colera Vaccination in Bogura

o5nmgl.jpg

How I long for those days :cry:

Among all financial districts I've been to around the world, Motijheel == Hell of all the world's financial districts.

How does it look now. There used to be an Habib Bank branch in Motijheel. Back in 90s when i was doing audit of HBL there was one unclaim DD from HBL Motijheel branch, it was from the year 71. Heard those banks were taken over by BD govt

BTW can anyone tell me about business establishments of west Pakistanis

yes, it is true and reality. i wish that i could reverse it because it is my world and i really love it,not only pakistan. it should be pondered over that we are taught or told one side of the picture. even we, pakistanis, really don`t know the actual history of Pakistan.

The Tangail Airdrop was an airborne operation mounted on 11 December 1971 by the 2nd Parachute Battalion Group of the Indian Army during the Bangladesh-Pakistan War of 1971. The main objective of the operation was the capture of Poongli Bridge on the Jamuna which would cut off the 93 Brigade of Pakistani Army which was retreating from the north to defend Dacca and its approaches. The Paratroop unit was also tasked to link up with the advancing Maratha Light Infantry on the ground to advance towards the East Pakistani capital Dhaka.

Indian military strategists chose Tangail because it was safe for the paratroopers to drop down. PA never really could occupy this part of the country from the beginning because of heavy resistance by the group of Muktis controlled by Qader Siddiqi. Indian army, then, of course, used their paratroopers to neutralize PA advance towards Dhaka by crossing Jamuna.

Indian military strategists chose Tangail because it was safe for the paratroopers to drop down. PA never really could occupy this part of the country from the beginning because of heavy resistance by the group of Muktis controlled by Qader Siddiqi. Indian army, then, of course, used their paratroopers to neutralize PA advance towards Dhaka by crossing Jamuna.

@ But on ground as per many Generals of Indian army this "Para Drop" was almost failer. Many heavy equipments like arty peices and mortors fell on the ponds and mershy areas which could not be recovered in time.

@ They could not stopped the retreating Brigade of Jamalpur. Many could reach at Dhaka and augment the defence.

@ It was these elements of Para Battalion of Indian army which came to Mirpur at the first sight but their strenght was very very megre. But this para drop at Tangail created a great phychological impact on Pakistan's army which speeded up their surrender.

Once upon a time, there was a Jheel but no more. There will be time when there won't be any Jheel or lake left in Dacca city because of massive population.
which year the Jheel was gone at Motijheel. In Lahore we had alot of canals, many are now drainages but we are able to conserve atleast 2, the BRB and the famous Lahore Branch canal

India%2Bin%2Bworld%2Bwar%2Btwo%2B12.jpg

Indian women labourers, engaged in airfield construction work, pass mechanics working on a Royal Air Force Consolidated Liberator bomber at a base in Bengal. 1944

Back
Top Bottom