What's new

OIC Military Industrial Complex (OICMIC)

I know why you didnt ask me.
Most member countries dont see the OIC as you do,im sorry but this all is just wishfull thinking.
How many of the OIC countries are willing to work together?

And how do I see that? I know OIC is useless. And I also know that after Ottoman experience, many Turks have negative views about Arabs and would want to avoid them if possible.

But other large Muslim countries do not have this historical baggage. Arabs are viewed positively, as GCC states have helped us over many decades with migrant worker remittances. And they gave us many grants and continue to do so, without expecting anything in return.

This essentially is meant as a GCC financed business project, that can bring good ROI, make good money from the business and enhance GCC state long term security at the same time, in other words a proverbial win-win.

pakistan builds frigates already... so what is bangladesh bringing to the table.

We can buy frigates from Pakistan, instead of buying directly from China. In return, Pakistan may buy other items, if we are given investment to set up production for other items.

I already mentioned in OP, there should be at least 2 production bases, so Bangladesh can become the 2nd ship builder, after Pakistan, with tech collaboration from Korea, for example. Pakistan may not buy frigates from us, but other OIC member countries can buy, like Indonesia, Malaysia, Egypt etc.

And how do I see that? I know OIC is useless. And I also know that after Ottoman experience, many Turks have negative views about Arabs and would want to avoid them if possible.

But other large Muslim countries do not have this historical baggage. Arabs are viewed positively, as GCC states have helped us over many decades with migrant worker remittances. And they gave us many grants and continue to do so, without expecting anything in return.

This essentially is meant as a GCC financed business project, that can bring good ROI, make good money from the business and enhance GCC state long term security at the same time, in other words a proverbial win-win.
Try bringing the Arab countries and Iran together first,then there will be leadership issues.
A better solution would be,without naming anything just working together.
Many countries from the OIC are allready in cooperation with each other.

We can buy frigates from Pakistan, instead of buying directly from China. In return, Pakistan may buy other items, if we are given investment to set up production for other items.

I already mentioned in OP, there should be at least 2 production bases, so Bangladesh can become the 2nd ship builder, after Pakistan, with tech collaboration from Korea, for example. Pakistan may not buy frigates from us, but other OIC member countries can buy, like Indonesia, Malaysia, Egypt etc.
Dont worry,in this case its not about what you bring in.
You are right about the BD in shipbuilding,its cheaper to build in your country.
The only thing you need is investment in infrastructure,im sure the GCC will help you there.
It would be a win win for both.
The first concern would be to end all wars between muslims,then only then we can talk about something like the OIC.

well... your post # 5 included bangladesh but did not mention an advanced country like malayasia .. if you meant all OIC countries then obviously bangladesh will be in it.

Try bringing the Arab countries and Iran together first,then there will be leadership issues.
A better solution would be,without naming anything just working together.
Many countries from the OIC are allready in cooperation with each other.

Iran is the arch enemy, and has no place in this project, if you know what I mean. After all, much of this is to counter balance against this Shia threat. Currently the GCC states are mainly depending on the US and to an extent Egypt for this. The goal is to reduce US/NATO dependence and I think it is very much feasible to do, given the countries involved with large population and human resources (Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Egypt) and the funding and budget involved mainly from GCC countries.

well... your post # 5 included bangladesh but did not mention an advanced country like malayasia .. if you meant all OIC countries then obviously bangladesh will be in it.

I did not mention all of them, and Malaysia is not in the same league like the bigger countries, although it has higher GDP and has more advanced economy.

Dont worry,in this case its not about what you bring in.
You are right about the BD in shipbuilding,its cheaper to build in your country.
The only thing you need is investment in infrastructure,im sure the GCC will help you there.
It would be a win win for both.
The first concern would be to end all wars between muslims,then only then we can talk about something like the OIC.

I think you are getting the point of this thread. But we don't need to wait for wars to end, why not use the wars to advance the cause of cooperation of one side, like the Sunni for example?

I think you are getting the point of this thread. But we don't need to wait for wars to end, why not use the wars to advance the cause of cooperation?
The only countries able to do that in the current situation are the GCC countries.
Btw,getting the point is not the issue,providing solution is.

@Armstrong .. with a sizable shia population and geographic proximity to Iran... what is the chance of pakistan joining sunni NATO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Many forget that we Arabs ruled as Caliphs for the first nearly 1000 years of Islamic history. Under the Golden Age of Islam and during a period when Islam spread all over the world. From the Rashidun to the Umayyad to the Fatimid and Abbasid etc. The Ottoman Turks just took a finished product and copied it so to speak.

Why is it that one does not see us Arabs crying about Turks stealing "our" Caliphate 450 years ago after their cousins the Mongols sacked Baghdad and the Abbasids had to rule as nominal Caliphs from Cairo after the Sacking of Baghdad in 1258 until the early 1500's.

Surprinsgly we never hear about that part of history. Those Turks critical of Arabs should get over it and remember their own past and copying of culture/system. It is really pathetic.

Besides many Arabs don't trust Turks either. It goes both ways. One should not forget that.

I personally have nothing against Turks and most Arabs and Turks have good relations and on a state level we share many similar goals.

Just wanted to mention this.

It is the non-Arabs own decision to have good relations with us 450 million Arabs and the over 20 Arab countries that exist. We cannot force anyone.

Back
Top Bottom