What's new

Obama 'to expand drone strikes' in Pakistan

"if we’ve got actual war intelligence on high-ranking Al Qaeda leaders, or for that matter high-ranking Taliban leaders who are directing actions against US troops –then we will take action,’ Mr Obama told CBS’s Steve Kroft.’"

and Pakistan says:

"The senior Pakistani official bridled at the suggestion that Pakistan has been reluctant to target militants in Quetta, saying U.S. assertions about the city’s role as a sanctuary have been exaggerated. “We keep hearing that there is a shadow government in Quetta, but we have never been given actionable intelligence,” the Pakistani official was quoted as saying. Pakistan is prepared to pursue Taliban leaders, including Omar, even when the intelligence is imprecise, the official said. “Even if a compound 1 kilometer by 1 kilometer is identified, we will go find him.” But, he added, “for the past two years we haven’t heard anything more.”

and

"Pakistani officials, according to a report, have warned that the fallout would be severe.

“We are not a banana republic,” a senior Pakistani official involved in discussions of security issues with the Obama administration, was quoted as saying. “If the United States follows through, the official said, “this might be the end of the road.” "

There seems to be some disagreement here.

No, it's not.

You just took Barrett's statement out of context, hence it looks like carrying opposite meaning than my statement. Actually, they are complementary to each other. Barrett says GoP is playing no role in this issue and I am suggesting that GoP should play its role in the issue.

Barrett was talking about how Americans and American govt should act, while I was talking about how Pakistanis and GoP should act.

I think I have made it clear enough.

9660d9626cf79a537802f2a6c8bc7418.jpg

Back
Top Bottom