What's new

Obama: Egypt is neither 'ally' nor 'enemy'

I don't have any problems with rest of your post and I also oppose the violent protest yesterday.
But,about this part of your post.It's really naive to thing U.S gave that money to Egypt because of their goodness or good intentions.During Mubarak's time,they gave Egypt the money,because your country did what U.S wanted,making peace with Israel and also this money helped them to keep Egypt in their company.They don't love Egypt or its people.Alos,most of that money was used on military,not on making Egyptian lives better.
They also supported the revolution,because they 'need' Egypt.Don't forget,U.S also supported Iranian revolution during Shah's last days,I don't think they did it because they really 'supported' our revolution.You know what I mean.Only interests matters,not the people or countries.
The US gives Egypt money because it benefits the US diplomacy and foreign policy. Egypt takes the money because it benefits Egypt's military, economy and foreign policy. If Egypt doesn't appreciate that, then maybe they shouldn't take the money. You can have all things at the same time. The Egyptian foreign policy is not clear, and it needs to be clear. The US put a couple condition on the US aide to Egypt. 1) Respect the peace treaty with Israel. 2) Respect democracy. 3) Respect human and minority rights. Egypt is still accepting the US aid, which means that Egypt accepts these terms. Also, the US promising Egypt some debt reliefs and more investments. If you don't want to have good relations with the US, don't accept all of these things, but from what i am seeing Egypt is the one looking for this investments. So, don't accept all of that things, and call the US an enemy on your domestic media, while you are so buddy buddy on all international media. I don't respect that. The Egyptian regime has to be clear with its people first and foremost and with the world as well.

The US gives Egypt money because it benefits the US diplomacy and foreign policy. Egypt takes the money because it benefits Egypt's military, economy and foreign policy. If Egypt doesn't appreciate that, then maybe they shouldn't take the money. You can have all things at the same time. The Egyptian foreign policy is not clear, and it needs to be clear. The US put a couple condition on the US aide to Egypt. 1) Respect the peace treaty with Israel. 2) Respect democracy. 3) Respect human and minority rights. Egypt is still accepting the US aid, which means that Egypt accepts these terms. Also, the US promising Egypt some debt reliefs and more investments. If you don't want to have good relations with the US, don't accept all of these things, but from what i am seeing Egypt is the one looking for this investments. So, don't accept all of that things, and call the US an enemy on your domestic media, while you are so buddy buddy on all international media. I don't respect that. The Egyptian regime has to be clear with its people first and foremost and with the world as well.
I agree with you on that,as long as Egypt is receiving money from U.S,it should agree on U.S terms.
But,just oppose some major U.S policies and see how suddenly,your country becomes the bad guy,terrorist,bogeyman.

You didn't mention one fact,If U.S is such a good guy,then why did they stay silent during 30 years of oppression in Mubarak's era?The same country that preaches 'democracy and freedom' to countries it doesn't like very much,why was it silent?The same thing happened in Iran.during 37 years of Shah's rule,U.S didn't even raise a finger against him to condemn him,why?Because Shah was exactly doing what they wanted.But after revolution,they suddenly became worried about human rights,freedom and humanity in Iran.This hypocrisy makes me sick.People's lives doesn't worth a bit,when U.S interests are fulfilled.

Threatened by who ? The US has been giving Egypt $1.3 Billions yearly for the past 31 years. They supported the revolution and the elected government despite being an Islamic government. It pardoned Egypt of some of its dept and said it would increase its investment in Egypt. What do they get after that ? Some thugs storming into their embassy in Cairo and being blamed for a stupid youtube video that they have nothing to do with it!!

What is the business of the yankis in supporting the revolution & an Islamic gov in the first place. The gov in Egypt no matter how much hated by Suckulars and westerners is after all a democratically elected gov by the people of Egypt.Why should your gov be answerable to these yankis? Why are you supporting these yankis over your own country. They didn't gave you those 1.3 Billion out of love neither do they care about egyptian democracy or its people. Its a no brainer isn't?:)

Of course Egypt is not an ally since USA doesn't have its puppet Mubarak anymore and Egypt's people are in power. Lo and behold we are witnessing the decline of US emperialism. Long live Egypt and its free people!

I think i am in love with this Egyptian government:smitten:

What happened by the embassy is not acceptable. Also, protesting against freedom of speech and expression is not a very smart thing. I understand that most of Egyptians are against the film, but also they are against what happened by the embassy. Most important thing, what does the US has to do with the "movie" ?
Insulting a religion isn't freedom of speech. Period. Deny the holocaust in USA/Europe and you'll be an anti-semite Nazi and will face consequences.

Insulting a religion isn't freedom of speech. Period. Deny the holocaust in USA/Europe and you'll be an anti-semite Nazi and will face consequences.
I know people who deny the holocaust and i don't see them facing any consequences. Expressing your opinion about any religion, whatever your opinion is, is an act of freedom of expression and an act of freedom of speech.

Of course Egypt is not an ally since USA doesn't have its puppet Mubarak anymore and Egypt's people are in power. Lo and behold we are witnessing the decline of US emperialism. Long live Egypt and its free people!

I think i am in love with this Egyptian government:smitten:

Yes, I believe the Islamic world is going through a turning point now. USA has lost World War 4 or the Global war on Terrorism.

What did the US achieve in the Global War on Terrorism. Absolutely nothing.

Now all the Muslim countries want China and Russia.

The USA won;t come back to the Islamic world in a long, long time now.

Dude most Islamic countries are being ruled being US allies including the holy land of Saudi Arabia.
And if China /Russia become the next superpower , believe me Israel will find ways of being best friends with them too.

Yes, I believe the Islamic world is going through a turning point now. USA has lost World War 4 or the Global war on Terrorism.

What did the US achieve in the Global War on Terrorism. Absolutely nothing.

Now all the Muslim countries want China and Russia.

The USA won;t come back to the Islamic world in a long, long time now.

All this nonsense started when some Obscure Salafist Cleric had so much free time that he was surfing YouTube and stumbled across this video and started this manufactured conflict.

The Aim for the movie makers was to show Muslims as a bunch of mindless barbaric hordes and congrats to the Muslims in the Middle East for acting exactly like that.

Do some research and then take another jab, I dont condone what happened in the embassies. But dude seriously. It all started when a copt a christian blogger mentioned of this movie while taking regular shots at the Muslims like he normally did in his blogs. That is where it got picked up from.

Back
Top Bottom