What's new

NUST goes Nuts, shamefully imposing restrictions on students !

Behtreen...... I was answering "contextually" to his arguments........... maybe you didn't get it...... read all over again.......

Baravo - You are comparing a society where nude beaches are normal with a conservative society?

Sunny boy, I'm more Pakistani than you can imagine. Friends teaching @ NUST is nothing to be proud of, I know NUST since the days it was a shitty 6 roomed institute, started by sub-par educationist in a broken villa @ Scheme III in RWP........

Furthermore, you've answered your own question. The problem lies with "law & order" situation of Pakistan, nothing else.

Now retire from the argument with some dignity.

You are speaking as if you are sitting in campus of NUST :D I spent most of my times in Pakistan and completed my degree education in Rwp/islambad. I am local resident of Rawalpindi. I have got many friends who are studying and teaching in NUST. You can also watch news to get the ideas about law and order situation in pakistan.

Where I live there are drunk women wearing half naked clothes at night after getting out from clubs/pubs but they are safe and no one try to touch them or tease them because of strict laws and its implementation

Can they do same in Pakistan? would they be safe in there? I have very serious doubts

What I've observed is polar opposite of what you are saying. Most of our society is full of wannabe-fundoz who have no grasp of life nor religion. Basically lost sheep.

Btw, once you label others "liberals", be ready to be labellled a "Talib" a "Fundo"... as you are the one opening doors to counter slander.

I am afraid you have deep understanding of our society - Where there are religious extremists, there are also liberal fascists, there are traditional hard liners and there are people who keep rolling between these extremes. Ones who are sitting on extremes can't be persuaded, ones rolling between are confused and don't know where to go.

Dude, for the very first time you pissed me off today.... with your incessant "liberal" "liberal" rants.....I could expect this from everyone but not from you........... I'm sorry if I got unnecessarily harsh with you. My bad. Apologies.

I am afraid you have deep understanding of our society - Where there are religious extremists, there are also liberal fascists, there are traditional hard liners and there are people who keep rolling between these extremes. Ones who are sitting on extremes can't be persuaded, ones rolling between are confused and don't know where to go.

Behtreen...... I was answering "contextually" to his arguments........... maybe you didn't get it...... read all over again.......

Sunny boy, I'm more Pakistani than you can imagine. Friends teaching @ NUST is nothing to be proud of, I know NUST since the days it was a shitty 6 roomed institute, started by sub-par educationist in a broken villa @ Scheme III in RWP........

Furthermore, you've answered your own question. The problem lies with "law & order" situation of Pakistan, nothing else.

Now retire from the argument with some dignity.

yea problems lies in law and orders that's why these rules are there in the first place

I think you are in this debate not to understand the opinion of others but just to win the arguments

well if that's the case then i leave you with dignity :D

After knowing more than 5k reported cases of crime against minor - i shouldn't be worried about my daughter and bury my head in my back and start believing that my mind is clear so everything is fine.

Dude, continue if you have valid arguments, however, don't mix apples with oranges, and continue with the same line. Put your valid point forward without any worries, however, do not repeat the same crap over and over and over.

I think you are there in this debate not to understand the opinion of others but just to win the arguments

well if that's the case then i leave you with dignity :D

Don't get cheesy with me kiddo, if I start, 90% of remarks will fail to register in your grey matter! :D

BB @Hyperion and @LoveIcon bro i think you both are right in your own ways so better lets stop it and lets agree to disagree....:police:

you both are patriotic pakistanies and knows islam better than many of us here so no need to prove each other wrong or right...everybudy has his own way of thinkin and opinion....let us respect that!:police:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, continue if you have valid arguments, however, don't mix apples with oranges, and continue with the same line. Put your valid point forward without any worries, however, do not repeat the same crap over and over and over.

Don't get cheesy with me kiddo, if I start, 90% of remarks will fail to register in your grey matter! :D

what crap? It is very low of you to consider arguments of opposite side as crap. They can feel same about your so called liberal approach

Meri jan, if you'd come forward with the logic:

"Girls shouldn't wear jeans, because our society is sick to the core"...... then I'd agree with you. My problem is with people who justify things on the basis of blatant lies, and mislead others into thinking that they were at mistake, that's why they got raped!

So, it would be safe to assume that you are saying that our society is sick, that's why XYZ need to be done?

After knowing more than 5k reported cases of crime against minor - i shouldn't be worried about my daughter and bury my head in my back and start believing that my mind is clear so everything is fine.

Yet again, you continue with the "liberal" approach, when you are at a loss for words. Go take a rest.

what crap? It is very low of you to consider arguments of opposite side as crap. They can feel same about your so called liberal approach

Dude, for the very first time you pissed me off today.... with your incessant "liberal" "liberal" rants.....I could expect this from everyone but not from you........... I'm sorry if I got unnecessarily harsh with you. My bad. Apologies.

Now you pissed me off - I never took anything personally and never attended to offend anyone. Being father of son & daughter and knowing the drastic changes happening in our society i say what i think is better for my kids and it doesn't apply for my girl only, i will not send even my son to university which is not disciplined and i have peace of mind that my kids are safe and will not indulge into wrong doing.

Dude, what's this with "liberals" & "fascists" when we are discussing a topic. That I don't get. Besides, I never said where you can send or not send your kids. What I've been defending here is, you can't tell other who wear jeans to leave Pakistan and study abroad. Yes, that's what has been suggested by many here!

Now you pissed me off - I never took anything personally and never attended to offend anyone. Being father of son & daughter and knowing the drastic changes happening in our society i say what i think is better for my kids and it doesn't apply for my girl, i will not send even my son to university which is not disciplined and i have peace of mind that my kids are safe and will not indulge into wrong doing.

Don't get sad baby sis..... we are just discussing some stuff, grown-ups argue sometime. It's ok! :)

BB @Hyperion and @LoveIcon bro i think you both are right in your own ways so better lets stop it and lets agree to disagree....:police:

you both are patriotic pakistanies and knows islam better than many of us here so no need to prove each other wrong or right...everybudy has his own way of thinkin and opinion....let us respect that!:police:

Yet again, you continue with the "liberal" approach, when you are at a loss for words. Go take a rest.

guess what?

You need to get off from your high horse. No i still have got plenty of words left but i guess it will not serve any purpose to have argument with someone who is self proclaimed genius and know everything. I have no problem if you prefer to live in delusion. Good luck

Chall bey.... I don't bite. You must be confusing yourself with @LoveIcon, he is a friend that's why I'm arguing with him. :D

guess what?

You need to get off from your high horse. No i still have got plenty of words left but i guess it will not serve any purpose to have argument with someone who is self proclaimed genius and know everything. I have no problem if you prefer to live in delusion. Good luck

Chall bey.... I don't bite. You must be confusing yourself with @LoveIcon, he is a friend that's why I'm arguing with him. :D

I know you don't bite but you behave like girls during arguments which sometimes give impression like i am always right. Everyone else is talking crap..how they dare to criticise my opinions. they must be kids with zero knowledge :D

I respect your opinions and you can refute others opinions without mocking it .Its just a friendly advice

Dude, what's this with "liberals" & "fascists" when we are discussing a topic. That I don't get. Besides, I never said where you can send or not send your kids. What I've been defending here is, you can't tell other who wear jeans to leave Pakistan and study abroad. Yes, that's what has been suggested by many here!

1 - Students got fined because they didn't followed dress code, whatever that dress code is but fact will remain that it's nondisciplinary attitude, I don't see any problem with this and i encourage this because one of the root cause of many evils in our society is that nobody follow rules and educational institutes are place where we groom new generation and we must educate & encourage our kids to be disciplined and follow rules, only than you can have better society.

2 - Girls wearing tights - Fact is that it's still alien thing to majority of our society, and shouldn't be allowed until it become socially acceptable and will not draw attention of crowd.

3 - Fine on smoking - I don't find any problem with this and nor i feel any need to give justification for this.

4 - Being in campuses late night is not safe in our country, so i don't see any problem with restriction on it. Someone already mentioned that incidents took place which caused these restriction. Had these restrictions already in place than even those could have avoided.

You can issue certificate of being fundo for my POV, doesn't bother me infect it will bring me out of kaafir/kharji category :D

I don't know Islam better, and nobody is doubting patriotism here and don't worry it's simple debate nothing serious.

Back
Top Bottom