What's new

Nuclear scientist Qadeer Khan a free citizen, says LHC

fawwaxs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

LAHORE: The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Friday concluded the case of nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan and declared him a “free citizen”.

The nuclear scientist can move freely within Pakistan, the court’s verdict said.

“Dr Qadeer can move freely and continue his activities,” Justice Ijaz Chaudhry said while wrapping up the petition’s hearing.

The court advised the Attorney-General to remain in contact with Dr Khan so that his free movement is ensured.

In an earlier hearing, Khan’s counsel, Barrister Syed Ali Zafar, argued that the government had illegally restricted his movement in the name of security.

“Dr Qadeer is the country’s hero but he could enjoy freedom only within his house,” said Zafar.

“An agreement signed with the government at the time of former Attorney-General Anwar Mansoor was violated after his resignation,” he added.

Dr. Strangelove is on the loose. A whole squad of ICT Police is already dedicated to his protection and an ASP oversees his movement. It's time Dr Khan settles down himself (not house arrest, I'm saying no daily speeches at bar associations, clubs, meetings, etc)

I do not think that the security detail is protecting him from threats, the case is that security establishment is protecting itself from the estranged Doctor.

The lahore HC is in news these days.

Pakistan should atleast publish a white paper on this matter so that the world knows what really happened. Pakistanis look at this from a nationalistic POV, but rest of the world looks at it as a cover up. The white paper will show Pakistan in a more favorable light, even though will cause short term pain.

The lahore HC is in news these days.

Pakistan should atleast publish a white paper on this matter so that the world knows what really happened. Pakistanis look at this from a nationalistic POV, but rest of the world looks at it as a cover up. The white paper will show Pakistan in a more favorable light, even though will cause short term pain.

The white paper cannot shed a positive light in an objective way and even if from our POV, it won't be very good press for AQ Khan's involvement is known to all and we have successfully saven face in the international community. We do not need to remind people of that past again.

The white paper cannot shed a positive light in an objective way and even if from our POV, it won't be very good press for AQ Khan's involvement is known to all and we have successfully saven face in the international community. We do not need to remind people of that past again.

What I meant was the white paper will show Pakistan in a favorable light for having done the right but difficult thing in the long run.

Yes it will remind people and make it painful in the short term.

Pakistani court are redefining the term "FREE JUDICIARY". 2 Bomb Blast Suspects, then Saeed then Khan Saab. Who's next?? :azn::azn:

Pakistani court are redefining the term "FREE JUDICIARY". 2 Bomb Blast Suspects, then Saeed then Khan Saab. Who's next?? :azn::azn:

As i said in my previous replies in a different thread " JUDICIARY IN PAKISTAN IS NOT " NDTV CHAT SHOW ", WHERE UR WISHES WILL BE GRANTED.

If u have avidence put it on ur National TV, or keep dreaming.

Hail AQ KHAN. :pakistan::cheers:

Back
Top Bottom