What's new

Not a veiled threat: Burqa ban in France from April

sorry..it's not just in buildings but in streets also..not one or two but there will be hundreds on streets and public places wearing burqa..it's not possible to go and check everybody.its not only about suicide bombing but they can plant a bomb and move with out showing face, it erases the possibility of eye witness also.a wanted criminal/terrorist can also use this to evade police and public attention.

You obvious have never lived in the west. A trench coat can be used more effectively than a burqa to conceal an AK-47. Does than mean the West should ban all covering clothing and everybody walk about in the nude for security purposes? Muslim women wearing burqa is so rare in Canada that they call attention to themselves. Banning the burqa is perceived in Canada as religious intolerance as it rightly is. Only Islam haters and right wingers endorse any form of burqa bans.

Is Burqa a religious issue??

It's a matter of religious freedom, freedom of individual choice, and human rights. I already said this in post 30. It's like you don't understand English that I have to repeat everything I say two or three times.

Moreover, Muslim women I know here will take off their veil whenever they are passing through customs or getting ID or asked by police. They follow the law like everyone else. They just have a different cultural and religious custom. I respect that and I won't impose my beliefs or customs on them.

You obvious have never lived in the west. A trench coat can be used more effectively than a burqa to conceal an AK-47. Does than mean the West should ban all covering clothing and everybody walk about in the nude for security purposes? Muslim women wearing burqa is so rare in Canada that they call attention to themselves. Banning the burqa is perceived in Canada as religious intolerance as it rightly is. Only Islam haters and right wingers endorse any form of burqa bans.

That is relevant to Canada perhaps. Seemingly the French think differently. They don't have to think like Canadians, thats it.
Since wearing a burqa is not a religious issue, the French have greater latitude to legislate as they please.

religious freedom, freedom of individual choice, and human rights

What among the above is violating Burqa law....

Freedom is NOT....because you gave up on this....

Religious freedom?

Is it religious?

Human rights (dress code) ?
On what grounds?

I think you are lost!

What among the above is violating Burqa law....

Freedom is NOT....because you gave up on this....

Religious freedom?

Is it religious?

Human rights (dress code) ?
On what grounds?

I think you are lost!

No I think you have no idea what I'm talking about. Your writing doesn't even make any sense "Freedom is NOT..."---what are you getting at? Is that supposed to make sense?

That is relevant to Canada perhaps. Seemingly the French think differently. They don't have to think like Canadians, thats it.
Since wearing a burqa is not a religious issue, the French have greater latitude to legislate as they please.

You're underestimating the debate within and outside France on the legality of the burqa ban.

One interpretation of the principle of secularity which France swears by is that, according to the law, "all are equal to show and express their religious opinions in public as well as in private," and that the French state has the responsibility to guarantee access to free, public education to all Frenchmen.

So denying education or other public services to Muslim women based on their dress is not discrimination? Many in France and in the West would say that it is discrimination.

So far, you are day to day with them.....living with them......its mental torture!

To commit an atrocity is a sin, to experience it, is even more!

Calm down, take a chill pill, act in a civilized manner !!

i guess we are taking about france and there is a good number of muslims.and i am talking about full face covering not about body covering..it's about identifying a persons face.

I guess France is rather unique. I found this on Wikipedia:

Past conflicts between France and the Catholic Church

Veiled Muslim women remind the traditionally anticlericals of French society and politics of the power of the Catholic Church before the French Revolution. In their view, the veils of nuns, who were chased out of public French schools following the guerres scolaires that had a profound effect on French history in the 19th century, would return to schools in another form, on the heads of students. The veil, for these people, would carry negative connotations associated with the Catholic Church in France. This would explain the virulence of the opponents to the veil and the fact that this controversy is specifically French; the veil has encountered more opposition in France than in most other parts of Europe. On the other hand, proponents of the law believe that French Muslims, born in France and enrolled in its schools after this period, would not be apt to see veil in this context, least of all in a manner that would be intentionally provocative toward their teachers and community.

Personally i feel as if this is the right decision. ......i think abaya is the variation that does not cover the face ,so she could go for that. Personally, I cannot imagine a veiled existence.

Neither 3abaaya nor the burqa3 cover the face. The face thing is usually called the niqaab. The burqa3 is simply a flowing, ventilated version of the pedestrian manteau.

... It is not mandatory for a muslim woman to wear a burqa....

Talking without references are we! We Muslims are not allowed to do such. However, withoout a reference I can tell you that there is the mention of an outer garment. In early times a shawl was in use.

Central-South Asians later innovated and did away of the cumbersome chaadar by giving it sleeves so it became a shirt over a shirt.

This is the outside-the-home dress, inside you could go commando!

...Personally, I cannot imagine a veiled existence.
And the artist in me is being stifled without one. Would you like me to doff my niqaab if I wore one?

No I think you have no idea what I'm talking about. Your writing doesn't even make any sense "Freedom is NOT..."---what are you getting at? Is that supposed to make sense?

what is France violating here?

Freedom, religion?

Why did you not respond to my following post number 49:

I see clearly that you are off your high horse already, because before you started with freedom shik, and I dont see that NOW.
You are changing tracks as per your convenience:

The burqa ban is wrong on so many levels: freedom, religion, and human rights.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom