What's new

Norway: Terrorism in Oslo and Utoeya by suspected far-right Christian

2242: Sveinung Sponheim has said the man in custody has never worked for the police. The island gunman was reported to have been wearing police clothing when he attacked.

The suspected gunman was arrested at the camp and the government have confirmed that he is Norwegian.

Police have said that he was also linked with the bomb attack. Reports described him as tall and blond.

Norwegian media reports said the shootings at the island, on the Tyrifjorden lake, were carried out by a man in police uniform.

Several people from the island camp are still missing, government officials said. Police also confirmed that undetonated explosives were found on the island.

No group has said it carried out the attacks.

"We have cordoned off large areas. There are bomb experts at the scene investigating whether there are other devices in the area."

A few hours after the explosion, a gunman opened fire at a camp in Utoeya for young members of the Labour Party.

NRK journalist Ole Torp said there were reports the gunman had been armed with a handgun, an automatic weapon and a shotgun.

"He travelled on the ferry boat from the mainland over to that little inland island posing as a police officer, saying he was there to do research in connection with the bomb blasts," he told the BBC.

"He asked people to gather round and then he started shooting, so these young people fled into the bushes and woods and some even swam off the island to get to safety."

BBC News - Norway hit by deadly bomb and shooting attacks

very cowardly attack......i dont think anyone human can really condone such wanton disregard for human life

Since, we are all in the same camp, I think it was unwise of you to threat me with that last sentence of yours, honey.

Well at least its not in a Muslim country so I am glad but sad at same time at the loss of course but may be it was done by CIA so we can't get F16 from Norway

Wasn't it norway willing to sell us F16?

I think this is done by NATO

Politiaksjon hos pågrepet mann (32) i Oslo |  TV 2 Nyhetene

A 32-year-old Norwegian man sitting on Friday night in a police interrogation after he was arrested after the shooting of vermin.

- Right-wing

According to TV2's sources, the arrested belong to the right-extremist groups in eastern Norway, and the man must have registered two weapons on their name - an automatic weapon and a pistol of the type of Glock.

Armed police made ​​late Friday night a raid against the man's home west of Oslo.

The entire street is blocked off, according to TV2's reporter on the spot.

- We can not say with certainty whether he operated alone. He sits in the interview with our investigators, said Deputy Police Chief Sveinung Sponheim.

See also: Fake cop looked at both crime scenes

Share facebook11

two attacks

Norway was on Friday hit by two unreal events, just hours after another. At 15.26 went for a larger explosive charge in the midst of the city center.

Much of the government building was badly damaged. One of the buildings were on fire.

Seven people are confirmed killed in the shock attack.

Hours later, emergency alarm again. A Norwegian man landed on Utøya Buskerud ikledt a fake police uniform. With an automatic weapon he fired several shots, and at least 10 are killed. Death toll could rise.

arrested belong to the right-extremist groups in eastern Norway

what is there right extremist groups motto and demands?

arrested belong to the right-extremist groups in eastern Norway

what is there right extremist groups motto and demands?

it actually is very rare that there is political extremists in norway. it is hate towards the ruling party in norway (norwegian labour party) but not in an extreme way. it is very rare that it was a norwegian, but mr420 i havent seen a statement by the government that he stood behind the bombing, only the utøya incident.

i myself dont know what they want either, i thought it may be nazis from east europe, but it isnt clear right know.

but one thing is clear, this man is more than stupid. and my condolences goes to the victims of this incident. måtte de hvile i fred!

not 100% sure but they dont like forginers but thats strange than he should have parked in a area called GRØNDLAND or TØYEN to kill most Pakistanies, arabs etc. That area used to be called little Pakistan before all somalian moved inn.

So i dont understand why he killed AP youth members... strange lets wait and see what police tell. Hearing some expert who linked AQ and TP to these attacks are try to link norwegain to Pakistani areas and saying maybe he has converted to Islam etc. Lol

One expert on SKY NEWS said its very sunny in OSLO alot of ppl on street. BUT the truth is its raning as hell and no sun was out also most ppl are on vacation in spain turkey etc so there were not many ppl in Oslo.

it actually is very rare that there is political extremists in norway. it is hate towards the ruling party in norway (norwegian labour party) but not in an extreme way. it is very rare that it was a norwegian, but mr420 i havent seen a statement by the government that he stood behind the bombing, only the utøya incident.

i myself dont know what they want either, i thought it may be nazis from east europe, but it isnt clear right know.

but one thing is clear, this man is more than stupid. and my condolences goes to the victims of this incident. måtte de hvile i fred!

Read this were police is saying same person is linked to both places. A witness saw him too. Also they found explosivs on UTØYA i guess which are same as in Oslo.

Politiet: - Falsk politimann observert på begge terroråstedene - VG Nett

Well at least its not in a Muslim country so I am glad but sad at same time at the loss of course but may be it was done by CIA so we can't get F16 from Norway

Wasn't it norway willing to sell us F16?

I think this is done by NATO

Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now... the world doesn't revolve around your f16's mate.. grow up

A swedish terror expert :- "Being explodes a bomb in the city center and then go against the political party (the shooting of Utøya editor.) Pointing almost that there is an internal rather than external extremist extremist. Intuitively, the bombing al-Qaeda-related, but intuitively with this attack on Utøya this is a crazy person, says Magnus Searches Torp, terrorism researcher at the Swedish Defence Academy, to Nettavisen."

So since he is norwegain and white he is crazy but if he was from a muslim country all muslims and Islam would be terrorists ????

Back
Top Bottom