What's new

North Eastern students prepared to leave Karnataka

As i said many times earlier i am too against such lame incidents as of mumbai

They are more than just lame, my friend. I know that you won't understand the gravity of this situation since in Arunachal, there is a lot of peace and people are harmonious. If I were born and lived in my home village here in Sikkim, I would also think like you are.

And infact, I used to until a few years ago, despite being born and lived in north India. Traditionally, this sort of mind politics is alien to us Northeasterners but it is a serious situation in rest of India.

What we saw in Assam this time, has been happening all over India since even before independence. That is why you see so much animosity in other parts of the country compared to our region which has only just now experienced something of this scale.

I request you that you understand this without looking at it in a prejudiced manned, brother.

You may or may not be familiar with this problem but believe me, things are much more serious and grim in other parts of the country than our own region.

I didn't come to my current thinking due to reading newspapers; just by the virtue of my profession and my place of birth, I happened to have practically seen this with my own eyes.

I have an idea.....PRINT T SHIRTS WITH "I AM ASSAMESE"........"I AM BODO"........"I AM INDIAN"...........The idea is for everyone regardless of religion or where they are or from should wear this Tshirt as support and solidarty for our brother and sisters from NEFA........it will speak volumes and play in ppl's psyche.......Time to take this low point and spin it into positive for all of us. Small investment....if we all do it....in different areas its even better .....spread the message

Luckily we are safer than Pakistan. especially when you have citizens attacking an airforce base and steal nukes......Now that is going to have folks talking in th West

YOu should have a better quality of life in bangladesh since most of your poor, destitute and criminals are entering India....what did you expect to go downhill? it can only go up

YOu should have a better quality of life in bangladesh since most of your poor, destitute and criminals are entering India....what did you expect to go downhill? it can only go up

If you people really think so you better persuade your govt to inject in BD economy $10b per annum as grant. That would solve the alleged illegal migration problem once and for all.

well now they shud get an idea of how it feels to be kicked out of somewhere and escape persecution

@Tshering22, i don't understand why even after so many appeal NE people are leaving Bang., Hyd. etc. just on some rumors, this is certainly not a good situation for our country. I m sure if they have fear of attack, than the police & other forces will come to there protection.

Except Karnataka government and the RSS cadre, no one has shown genuine will to protect NE people. Some incidents have genuinely happened because of which people fear their lives. While most others may be rumors, there is a lot of tension between all northeastern people and the Muslim community.

Actually, I cannot comment more than what I hear from my friends in these cities as I usually move between Delhi and Gangtok (one my place of birth and the other, my hometown).

If you people really think so you better persuade your govt to inject in BD economy $10b per annum as grant. That would solve the alleged illegal migration problem once and for all.

How about we overthrow this government, and give a free hand to the BSF?

I think that would be a better option.

I don't think the Burmese want them simple. When Rohingyas have their own country, Bangladesh, they shouldn't create troubles in other countries.

But it is understandable when you have a small landmass and and explosive dense population.

However, they cannot expect other countries to accept them just like that.

from the very beginning bangladeshi's have very high reproductive rate.......but their resources are very low.

Their reproductive rate must match with their limited resources.......the ratio must maintain.

from the very beginning bangladeshi's have very high reproductive rate.......but their resources are very low.

Their reproductive rate must match with their limited resources.......the ratio must maintain.

It seems Hum Do Hamare Do is not working in BD.

I don't think the Burmese want them simple. When Rohingyas have their own country, Bangladesh, they shouldn't create troubles in other countries.

But it is understandable when you have a small landmass and and explosive dense population.

However, they cannot expect other countries to accept them just like that.

this is not the main issue bhai jaan ,there is another issue behind this........

im going for eid shopping now :smitten:

when they were lucky?they are human beings like us and every one is treating them like animal .....:cry:
so what they have no money ,no place ,they can be next intelligent muhajirs in future of any country if any country accepts them ..and give them proper education ,etc :pop: ......

It seems you came to know about people called Rohingyas only few days ago and started looking for them in the map of Burma.

Violence in Lucknow and Allahabad during Assam protests

Lucknow: Muslims in some cities of Uttar Pradesh took to road protesting against the killings in Assam and Myanmar in Lucknow and several parts of the state. Violent scenes were witnessed in Lucknow and other cities. All the protests were held after the Namaz of Alvida Juma (last Friday of Juma).

In Lucknow, the Muslims took out a procession from Tile Wali Masjid after the Namaz. As they proceeded towards Vidhan Bhawan to lodge their protest, the procession turned violent. They damaged vehicles, bashed up people and broke the cameras of media persons.

The Budha Park which has a tall statue of Budha was the first target. They uprooted the gate of the park to force their entry. Attempts were made to deface the statue but they remained unsuccessful. Next was Hathi Park where also another failed attempt was made to deface the statue.

Later as the procession moved ahead it turned violent. Police used mild force to enforce order. However most of the time they remained mute spectators. Soon the mob turned its anger towards the media persons covering the event. Their camera was snatched while OB Van of Aaj Tak channel was also damaged. The media persons later themselves sat on a dharna at Vidhan Bhawan and the home secretary assured them that proper enquiry will be done.

Similar story was repeated in Allahabad. Stone pelting and damaging the vehicle was done by the processionist. Here police acted tough and used force. Later curfew was clamped for five hours in Kotwali police circle.

In Kanpur also minor violence was reported from Rizvi road and adjoining areas. However situation was brought under control.

Till late night police has registed cases at Allahabad, Kanpur and were in the process of registering in Lucknow. A senior police official stated that list is being prepared and the miscreants are being identified.

The protests were held under the aegis of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind whose state level functionary Maulana Jahangir Kasmi denied that his men were behind such protest. “We had left after our token protest and then it was only a mob,” he said.

Security forces were caught off guard as the planning for the protest was being held for quite some time. Posters had come up in Muslim dominated areas but still administration did not take security measures.

Muslim clerics however were quick to condemn the violence. Maulana Fazlur Rehman Waizi, the Imam of Tile Wali masjid who led the Juma Namaz stated that Islam has no place for violence and it cannot be justified. Maulana Khalid Rasheed Farangi Mahli too stated that violence is not a means to raise the demands. Protest should be done peacefully.

16bg_bgsml_whodunn_1180740g.jpg

Violence in Lucknow and Allahabad during Assam protests

Lucknow: Muslims in some cities of Uttar Pradesh took to road protesting against the killings in Assam and Myanmar in Lucknow and several parts of the state. Violent scenes were witnessed in Lucknow and other cities. All the protests were held after the Namaz of Alvida Juma (last Friday of Juma).

In Lucknow, the Muslims took out a procession from Tile Wali Masjid after the Namaz. As they proceeded towards Vidhan Bhawan to lodge their protest, the procession turned violent. They damaged vehicles, bashed up people and broke the cameras of media persons.

The Budha Park which has a tall statue of Budha was the first target. They uprooted the gate of the park to force their entry. Attempts were made to deface the statue but they remained unsuccessful. Next was Hathi Park where also another failed attempt was made to deface the statue.

Later as the procession moved ahead it turned violent. Police used mild force to enforce order. However most of the time they remained mute spectators. Soon the mob turned its anger towards the media persons covering the event. Their camera was snatched while OB Van of Aaj Tak channel was also damaged. The media persons later themselves sat on a dharna at Vidhan Bhawan and the home secretary assured them that proper enquiry will be done.

Similar story was repeated in Allahabad. Stone pelting and damaging the vehicle was done by the processionist. Here police acted tough and used force. Later curfew was clamped for five hours in Kotwali police circle.

In Kanpur also minor violence was reported from Rizvi road and adjoining areas. However situation was brought under control.

Till late night police has registed cases at Allahabad, Kanpur and were in the process of registering in Lucknow. A senior police official stated that list is being prepared and the miscreants are being identified.

The protests were held under the aegis of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind whose state level functionary Maulana Jahangir Kasmi denied that his men were behind such protest. ¡°We had left after our token protest and then it was only a mob,¡± he said.

Security forces were caught off guard as the planning for the protest was being held for quite some time. Posters had come up in Muslim dominated areas but still administration did not take security measures.

Muslim clerics however were quick to condemn the violence. Maulana Fazlur Rehman Waizi, the Imam of Tile Wali masjid who led the Juma Namaz stated that Islam has no place for violence and it cannot be justified. Maulana Khalid Rasheed Farangi Mahli too stated that violence is not a means to raise the demands. Protest should be done peacefully.

16bg_bgsml_whodunn_1180740g.jpg
Man those idiots have so much time to care about those illegal bangladeshi immigrants in india and myanmar these kind of people need to get some kaam dhanda

@Tshering22, i don't understand why even after so many appeal NE people are leaving Bang., Hyd. etc. just on some rumors, this is certainly not a good situation for our country. I m sure if they have fear of attack, than the police & other forces will come to there protection.
I believe it is something to do how the Neasterner live in this big cities .. the cultural gap between east and south is very big..living in south is same as living in some foreign country. Besides it is only recently when more and more people from here are begining to go south..If you have notice people (not Neasterner only) usually tend to live with their kinds only , so when few of them start to leave, it creates kind of domino effect, no body want to stay back and take the risk of getting harmed..However one must appreciate the way, citizens and other civil society of the south have express their concern for the safety of NEasterner , thank you ,and hopefully things would settle down normally

Back
Top Bottom