What's new

North-East racial slur could get you jailed for five years Read more at:

Finally...

The use of racial slurs is quite common by Indians especially when it comes to address Pakistanis and Chinese. One must always use official terms unless otherwise requested.

I think you should also take notice those people who uses word Bharti instead of Bharati

I think you should also take notice those people who uses word Bharti instead of Bharati
I would rather ask them to use "Bharatiya"...ban bharti word..

On this forum we have kept people in line through the danda (stick) otherwise you read comments in Indian news sites, its like they have a built up a handicap that they can't say Pakistanis.

Then set an example and apply the "danda" equally. I am not questioning your moderation, just pointing out what indians find offensive.

As explained many times, Bharti is in the official Urdu dictionary. It is nothing offensive.

We have a slightly different way of saying many words.

Egyptians call themselve Masri, we call them Misry

Arabs call themselves Arrub or Arrubi. We say Arby.

Indians add an "a" to many words which, when used in Urdu don't use the ending "a" sound.

Bhartiya becomes bharti, all news channels, Geo, Aaj, Dawn would use Bharti, who all will we change?

Indians too can't really say Pakistani the way we say it, its okay thats a lingual issue. Racial slurs are a racism issue.

Then set an example and apply the "danda" equally. I am not questioning your moderation, just pointing out what indians find offensive.

We have banned many other racial slurs often used for Indians. Rat references, lady-finger references. Heck I wouldn't use the word Mallu but Keralites here have said they find it cool, so now Mallu is okay (I always found it to be a racial slur, though as I know people who used it as such only).

Bharti definitely used here in a derogatory way and sometimes deliberately to flame. Even Bangladeshis members never miss the opportunity to use Bharti to romp up Indians.

Even if we go by the Urdu canard, residents of Bharat should be called Bharati, not Bharti. The name is Bharat not bhart.

There is no linguistic or grammatical error in the word p a k I as well, however it is considered racist word not because it has grammatical flaws in it but it is used as such.

Anyway I don't want the word filtered but just pointing out the hidden racism.

i too have noticed it, many indians say pakisthanis

We say it because we don't have an option, our toungue is seasoned to say sthan instead of Stan. However we don't write pakiathan since we are not handicapped by our toungue when typing in keyboard.

i too have noticed it, many indians say pakisthanis

They also pronounce it as Pokistan. Its a good thing Pakistan does not have a z in it or else they would have totally butchered the name :whistle:

Hope Sardars don't go to court to ban Sardarji Jokes.India would be a very dull place without it.

Maybe the Administrator can create a list of banned words and publish it like how the rules are published.

Back
Top Bottom