What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

5th gen planes for PAF is a far stretch.

other than the F22 being the only 5th gen, the rest of the programs will take their own sweet time to mature.

In other words if what the interview says is true then - PAF will look to add up on its refurbished F16 inventory and JF17 for a while.

The French and Dassult are all over india like rash inching their way to a massive deal

MMRCA deal: Rafale negotiations expected to be wrapped up in 3 months - The Times of India

Rafale F3 is currently in india going through annual excerises with the IAF Garunda v started june 2nd.

Modi has made this a top a top priority and 126 Rafale are coming definitely

I ASK AGAIN

272 SU30MKI by 2018
Rafale deal signed in 3 months ( the best 4th generation fighter in the world)

WILL YOU GUYS NOW WAIT FOR J31 maybe a decade away for PLAAF and 15 years away for export

OR

REACTIVATE THE J10 deal for fighters now.

When the thread was started a few weeks ago it seemed a good idea. to wait for J31

in 3 months time when dassult & HAL are toasting a $20 billion deal wil it stil seem a wise move ???

India to seal deal for Rafale jets within three months - paper| Reuters

Reuters also suggesting its a done deal to be annouced in 3 months.

Even if you wanted the J10 how quickly could you find the funds to obtain them.

will 40 be enough to tackle 126 rafale F3

i think PAF has made their decision by taking all these facts under consideration which you mentioned . i think a large airforce requires lots for resources and money to maintain ,so i would be wise for PAF to buy more upgraded F 16s couple with JF 17s instead of j 10 which would be new experience for our pilots... there is no doubt IAF is becoming big threat to Pakistan with induction of Rafales and i strongly believe that PAF will find some way to counter this threat in coming years..

i think PAF has made their decision by taking all these facts under consideration which you mentioned . i think a large airforce requires lots for resources and money to maintain ,so i would be wise for PAF to buy more upgraded F 16s couple with JF 17s instead of j 10 which would be new experience for our pilots... there is no doubt IAF is becoming big threat to Pakistan with induction of Rafales and i strongly believe that PAF will find some way to counter this threat in coming years..
--
everytime for evrey machine (Mki, Rafael, ,pak fa ) f16 and jf17 cant be be answer with..
f16 is good but is it lethal against rafael with number ..
dont bring china in it that half of sqd need there or they will attack
if china come in in indo -pak its open invitation to USA..and other anti china force to join india ...
chinese are not emotional like pak
if china had there kargil pak may have helped them but did china did the same ?
so wake up for reality
your only option is china but they are not helping it seems

--
everytime for evrey machine (Mki, Rafael, ,pak fa ) f16 and jf17 cant be be answer with..
if china come in in indo -pak its open invitation to USA..and other anti china force to join india ...
so wake up for reality

nuclear thing has changed the whole game both india and pakistan know this, so dont expect anything like what you are dreaming..
there will be no all out war,PAF only needs to have sufficient power to avoid any surgical strikes and by maintaing 1/3--1/4 to strength to IAF, it can do so.

nuclear thing has changed the whole game both india and pakistan know this, so dont expect anything like what you are dreaming..
there will be no all out war,PAF only needs to have sufficient power to avoid any surgical strikes and by maintaing 1/3--1/4 to strength to IAF, it can do so.
--
is nuclaer is topic here..
why pak is so love with nuclear..
why dont you understand..
if you ever come close to nuclear button.. china and usa will allow you to press it..?
china will not stake there future for pak madness ... their business is there religion.. and everything..
even if you think you nuke india we have huge landmass with 2nd strike capability .. you have it?
you can nuke part of india..
we can nuke the whole pak from world..
we dont want to do any surgical strike till you behave
so be in limits dear ..
when in jungle ..dont mess with tigers ..

Well now A C Khalid will have to rethink on what he said. Mirage are very old & needs to replaced or we are going to see more crashes. J10B are still the right choice to replace the old aging Mirage fleet.

IMO we should be looking onto a 5th gen fighter by the next 4 years......we should never ever mistake ourselves by keeping only india in sight and present comparisons against it.....

it should be twin engined this time

at this point of time as turkey is in for some 100 F-35's we can also opt for their F-16's

a stealth fighter like the J-XX could be an option too.....

Snap7.jpg

China – J-XX Stealth Jets

https://defence.pk/threads/j-xx-5th-generation-fighter-china.5119/

Well this is what Chinese are testing at the moment.
0*AqSXxdjrfoPiL0tz.jpeg

What you have posted is some CGI, but it is highly likely that J20 will keep changing in shape & design in its trials & the shape & design which J20 originally started from will change for sure.

Last edited:
--
so wake up for reality

what is the point of making all these statements...

--
is nuclaer is topic here..
why pak is so love with nuclear..
why dont you understand..
if you ever come close to nuclear button.. china and usa will allow you to press it..?
china will not stake there future for pak madness ... their business is there religion.. and everything..
even if you think you nuke india we have huge landmass with 2nd strike capability .. you have it?
you can nuke part of india..
we can nuke the whole pak from world..
we dont want to do any surgical strike till you behave
so be in limits dear ..
when in jungle ..dont mess with tigers ..

When in jungle don't mess with tigers? Bring it on!

5th gen planes for PAF is a far stretch.

other than the F22 being the only 5th gen, the rest of the programs will take their own sweet time to mature.

In other words if what the interview says is true then - PAF will look to add up on its refurbished F16 inventory and JF17 for a while.
I believe that all this talk about 5th gen fighters is overrated :p: So far the only known true 5th gen fighter is F22 and that too never saw the real action. Americans are enjoying the upper hand by staying ahead of the rest in tech field. By the time we will see different 5th gen fighters we will also see advancements in counter technologies. I don't think so significance of 4.5 gen fighters going anywhere in next decade or two. If our economy allows us to spend some funds on the induction of new platform we should try to grab some air superiority jet of 4.5 gen. I heard PAF really liked Euro fighter so maybe we should get it when have some money :tup:

Slapshot the eurofighter cost is six times the price of a thunder and three times the cost of a block 52 or j10 .

For this reason alone paf wil never buy both the typhoon or the Rafale. Or in deed the f35 lightening.

At this stage even the j31 may be way beyond the budget you guys wil have. On average it costs three times ad much to fly one hour in a fifth gen fighter than s f16 falcon

Slapshot the eurofighter cost is six times the price of a thunder and three times the cost of a block 52 or j10 .

For this reason alone paf wil never buy both the typhoon or the Rafale. Or in deed the f35 lightening.

At this stage even the j31 may be way beyond the budget you guys wil have. On average it costs three times ad much to fly one hour in a fifth gen fighter than s f16 falcon

PAF won't have a 5th gen platform in large numbers. A couple of squadrons will do the trick.

Pakistan has one enemy, India has several. It has to deal with China, Pakistan, Bangladesh and very soon the GCC.

We are all too happy seeing India spend money on fancy military gear while millions of Indians starve.

Our goal isn't to invade and capture India but to defend ourselves.
GCC? ?? HOW ,WHY WOULD THEY LL BECOME OUR ADVERSARIES. FOR PAKISTAN

Back
Top Bottom