What's new

No Indian Appetite For Action

What does these netural sources do to help understand these kind of issues?
In this forum there are so many Indians ask how many of them have faced maosit in life or restricted their movement due to them. Their will not be many why? Because these Maoist operate in area most common people does not go. That means 99% of us not affected with what they do and hence this is not even a topic of discussion in our homes. It's a problem everyone admits but not of scale you guys think. Till the time you understand this your comments will not make sense. About neutral sources they write about ISI hand in glove with Taliban do you believe? Since a news is published in neutral sources does not make it credible if locals do not feel the same.
Goes without saying that i wonder how many Pakistan members on this forum have even seen a real life Taliban let alone being affected by them. Yet according to the Indian media and Indians here, these culprits are on the verge of stealing Pakistan's nuclear assets. It's a sods law, when you keep making allegations, some will come your way as well. As for your hand in glove thingie comparison, again one's an assumed accusation while the subject is a factual reality.

Goes without saying that i wonder how many Pakistan members on this forum have even seen a real life Taliban let alone being affected by them. Yet according to the Indian media and Indians here, these culprits are on the verge of stealing Pakistan's nuclear assets. It's a sods law, when you keep making allegations, some will come your way as well. As for your hand in glove thingie comparison, again one's an assumed accusation while the subject is a factual reality.

There has even been one member who has been killed by the Taliban - So please spare this line of debate, and as for affected - friends and families of several have been injured / targetted by them. How many have seen - I am not sure - you can conduct a poll. Atleast half of the members (atleast actively posting Pakistani one's) are from outside Pakistan - Mods can give exact figures for this.

Half the time people have reported hearing the explosion / a blast occuring in the places they frequent - If that does not effect them - they must be made of some unearthly material.

Hope you see the fallacy of the argument.

There has even been one member who has been killed by the Taliban - So please spare this line of debate, and as for affected - friends and families of several have been injured / targetted by them. How many have seen - I am not sure - you can conduct a poll. Atleast half of the members (atleast actively posting Pakistani one's) are from outside Pakistan - Mods can give exact figures for this.

Half the time people have reported hearing the explosion / a blast occuring in the places they frequent - If that does not effect them - they must be made of some unearthly material.

theres a huge difference between you and us. Yes us living in the country --some of us have first-hand seen or heard the blasts....seen the car parts, broken glass and debris on the street, etc. Seen the scenes on TV constantly.

But you see, we know that life must goes on. Whatever happens, happens. It is God's will. Everything happens for a reason. Our country is facing a challenging period, a truly patience-testing period. But we know that things cant get worse, they have to get bad before they get better. And things will get better when there is leadership.

Doesnt mean our lives come to a standstill and we cant be human. Pakistanis are a very resolute and strong people I think. We dont let setbacks play with our emotions or affect our thinking the way it does to you indians.

blast goes off and people still go about their daily lives as if nothing happened. That isnt to say that a lot of lives have not been touched or affected. But neither you, nor other ill-wishers of Pakistan would care or need to know.

theres a huge difference between you and us. Yes us living in the country --some of us have first-hand seen or heard the blasts....seen the car parts, broken glass and debris on the street, etc. Seen the scenes on TV constantly.

But you see, we know that life must goes on. Whatever happens, happens. It is God's will. Everything happens for a reason. Our country is facing a challenging period, a truly patience-testing period. But we know that things cant get worse, they have to get bad before they get better. And things will get better when there is leadership.

Doesnt mean our lives come to a standstill and we cant be human. Pakistanis are a very resolute and strong people I think. We dont let setbacks play with our emotions or affect our thinking the way it does to you indians.

blast goes off and people still go about their daily lives as if nothing happened. That isnt to say that a lot of lives have not been touched or affected. But neither you, nor other ill-wishers of Pakistan would care or need to know.
Abu, please if you will follow the discussion - it was....

Some pakistani members compared Maoist situation in India to Taliban in Pakistan in support of Army Action.
Then it was claimed by Indians that maoist do not effect directly the day-to-day lives.
Finally Windjammer came up with this comparasion - a comparasion of ratio of forum members affected by Taliban in Pakistan and Maoist in India.

To which I replied - And your reply just adds to the claims generally being made by Indians - that moist activities are not affecting the mainstream lives - as they are operating within and close to jungle areas. There is no comparison with Pakistani Taliban - which have repeatedly targeted cities and commercial areas.

So what? So let him do that.

by the way with all due respect, 10 relatively lightly armed men took over mumbai on 26/11 and hindustany never forgot that for years to come.

meanwhile, these other internal groups are growing in numbers and openly challenging writ of state. Theyve killed much more people.

So what? So let him do that.

by the way with all due respect, 10 relatively lightly armed men took over mumbai on 26/11 and hindustany never forgot that for years to come.

meanwhile, these other internal groups are growing in numbers and openly challenging writ of state. Theyve killed much more people.

Wow you have a unique way of reasoning. Just because individually are more affected by rogue incidents, we should start a Milletary operation against Maoists - even though they are not as big a menace to deserve it.

And Afghanistan should not do anything even when Taliban goes into every house and starts killing randomly - because they must be even more immune to voilence than what Pakistanis are.

Wonderful thinking think tank.:hitwall::hitwall:

Wow you have a unique way of reasoning.

don't worry. I get that a lot.

Especially on Wednesdays. Go figure.

Just because individually are more affected by rogue incidents, we should start a Milletary operation against Maoists

well it appears the CRPF is not trained enough to deal with the threat.

or is it an ego/pride issue? You don't want to be seen as ''being in the same situation as Pakistan'' by sending military to crush internal (brainwashed) elements. Actually, we acknowledge that military is best equipped to deal with such threats. Our enemy knows how to build bombs that can cause a lot of destruction, meaning they have access to weapons and materials that would outgun the police.

we dont back down

even though they are not as big a menace to deserve it.

daily attacks

And Afghanistan should not do anything even when Taliban goes into every house and starts killing randomly - because they must be even more immune to voilence than what Pakistanis are.

actually, that is EXACTLY what I am saying.

Taleban never did such things anyways. Not all of the violence in Afghanistan is politically motivated. There is also gang/drug related violence as well.

And we know who supports major drug-lords ;)

don't go loosely calling me a taleban supporter; spare me the extra emotions and diatribes. That is just the whisky talking. You know what the ground realities are.

Wonderful thinking think tank.:hitwall::hitwall:

Whyyyyyyy thank you sir! You have yourself a good one! Be easy on your head there, banging it against walls will accomplish what exactly? :)

Last edited:

Oh please, get the substance of the story. In modern history nothing more chilling and graphic was beamed into our living rooms than the 9/11 event. I know of people who lost loved ones in the tragedy or who happened to be in the area but what does it prove ? It proves they witnessed what the culprits are capable of just as in your above examples. One can argue by asking hasn't the killing of several thousand police by the Naxals affected any body. It's not a close call for you people since they are being killed in far away forests ?, hence it's good killer verses the bad. !!! In any case we are a resolute nation. Not long ago TTP were not even heard of as they mostly resorted in the Tribal belts, but through sheer determination we went after them and that's how they are running around like headless Chickens.

Last edited:
don't worry. I get that a lot.

Especially on Wednesdays. Go figure.

Good for you.

well it appears the CRPF is not trained enough to deal with the threat.
or is it an ego/pride issue? You don't want to be seen as ''being in the same situation as Pakistan'' by sending military to crush internal (brainwashed) elements. Actually, we acknowledge that military is best equipped to deal with such threats. Our enemy knows how to build bombs that can cause a lot of destruction, meaning they have access to weapons and materials that would outgun the police.

we dont back down
Actually Pakistan also resisted introducing Army till the threshold was crossed - Breaching of the peace deal, added was the international pressure - especially by US.

daily attacks
Nope check your facts. Causalities are from the forces which are in the forests chasing them.

actually, that is EXACTLY what I am saying.

Taleban never did such things anyways. Not all of the violence in Afghanistan is politically motivated. There is also gang/drug related violence as well.

And we know who supports major drug-lords ;)
I could not care less what your personal opinion is on Taliban in context of this thread - So for whatever reason if their are daily killings in Afghanistan, they should do nothing about it as they are used to violence??
Whyyyyyyy thank you sir! You have yourself a good one! Be easy on your head there, banging it against walls will accomplish what exactly? :)
Thank you. I have a policy on one personal comment per day. You can continue making - forum-immunity is with you.

Last edited:
Good for you.

:cheers:

Actually Pakistan also resisted introducing Army till the threshold was crossed - Breaching of the peace deal, added was the international pressure - especially by US.

we fluctuated between peace deals and armed conflict....violation of Swat peace deal was the last straw. It would have happened regardless of what outsiders were saying. Remember that it wasnt until around then that the spate of attacks really picked up.

similar to what is going on in Orissa, West Bengal and other troubled areas. The attacks are really picking up

Nope check your facts. Causalities are from the forces which are in the forests chasing them.

they killed 76 policemen a few weeks ago

a few days ago another 8 soldiers were ambushed and killed

they've been blowing up schools too, and killing tribesmen for ''being spies'' against them.

follow the bloody ''insurgency'' thread instead of being so feisty :)

So for whatever reason if their are daily killings in Afghanistan, they should do nothing about it as they are used to violence??

its Afghanistan. People kill eachother all the time. It's been like that for centuries. It will take them time to realize that civlian courts and a proper judiciary system is the best way for justice to be served. It seems that not enough has been done, despite 9 years of (mostly military) presence there.

Thank you. I have a policy on one personal comment per day. You can continue making - forum-immunity is with you.

thank_you_come_again_det.jpg

:pdf:

Back
Top Bottom