What's new

NINE INDIAN FISHERMEN ARRESTED BY SLN, PROTESTS IN INDIA OVER ‘KIDNAPPING’

Skyline

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Fishermen from Nagapatnam area in India today stayed away from fishing in protest to the alleged ‘kidnapping’ of nine Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy. Indian media reports that currently close to five hundred fishing vessels have not gone to sea in protest.

However when contacted by Ada Derana, Sri Lankan Navy Spokesman Commander Kosala Warnakulasuriya said that nine Indian fishermen who were poaching approximately four miles off the Kankasanthurai coast in Sri Lankan waters were arrested.

He added that the fishing vessel along with the nine fishermen will be handed over to the Kankasanthurai police to be subjected to the relevant legal procedures.

Nine Indian fishermen arrested by SLN, protests in India over ‘kidnapping’

fishermen violate sea everytime.
Indians do it
Pakistanis do it
Chinese does it
Phillipines does it
Sri Lankans do it
North koreans do it (well they are broke)

where will the poor fishermen go if they cant catch fish in their territorial waters. just go to their neighbours

Reap what you sow !!!
and what did we reap and what did we sow, internet fan boys such as you will not understand the poor fishermans from all Asian Countries who desperatly sail the sea's risking their life for the purpose of feeding their kids.

kana punda such as yourself will spew venom on some ones wound, don't you?

OK mullah... like how u r reaping through daily bombings?
he is way imature my friend, lets not offend the victims of daily Pakistani bombing because this a hole

Fishermen straying into other territory a common incident. Hope people,media and governments keep their maturity in dealing with these issues of the poor fishermen trying to make both ends meet.
In case they are found doing anything 'really bad' they should be aptly punished as well.

Why can't the Govt supply GPS systems to the fishing boats with the Indian Maritime Borders already feeded into the system. Add an alarm that goes off when the boat violates the border..problem solved. Just give the system free or at a subsidized cost to the fishermen. Is it too hard to ask for??

Why can't the Govt supply GPS systems to the fishing boats with the Indian Maritime Borders already feeded into the system. Add an alarm that goes off when the boat violates the border..problem solved. Just give the system free or at a subsidized cost to the fishermen. Is it too hard to ask for??
with or with out GPS, the fishermen will tend to cross maritime border because all they wish to see is a large cache of fish in their net.
Rather than detaining the fisher men, its better to keep a watch on them by a combined naval task force and make common fishing ground between INDIA and SL and if possible between every disputed water mass

Tit for tat, yesterday wasnt there news indian coast guard did that to pakistani firshermen

I heard most of fishing boats belong to one person. So the owner gives a target per day so poor fishermen are trying to cover it risking their lives...

with or with out GPS, the fishermen will tend to cross maritime border because all they wish to see is a large cache of fish in their net.
Rather than detaining the fisher men, its better to keep a watch on them by a combined naval task force and make common fishing ground between INDIA and SL and if possible between every disputed water mass

But atleast there will no more excuse from fishermen that they could not recognize international borders. As for for combined fishing ground ..not gonna happen as fishermen of every country are extremely possessive of their fishing grounds. Forget SL, I have read of disputes b/n various fishermen of different localities along the same coast in my state itself.

I heard most of fishing boats belong to one person. So the owner gives a target per day so poor fishermen are trying to cover it risking their lives...

Any source.Who is this rich man that owns 100s of fishing boats?

may be, but yaar thats how business works.
Owner always gives a target to the employees

Any source.Who is this rich man that owns 100s of fishing boats?

I heard it from press conference for media, not in 100s, for 10-20 boats owner is the same etc.
Any politicians have fishing boats?

Back
Top Bottom