What's new

News of C28A for Algerian Navy: Real-time updates

defesaglobal

The Swedish company SAAB has received an order from Germany´s Diehl BGT Defence GmbH & Co. KG for RBS15 Mk3 surface-to-surface missile systems for. The order valued SEK 168 million, includes options with a total value of SEK 83 million. Deliveries will take place during the period 2014 to 2016.
It is understood the missiles are due to arm the MEKO A-200 multi-purpose frigates ordered by Algeria to ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems AG (TKMS). RBS15 Mk3 weapon system has previously been sold to Germany, Poland and Sweden.

official letter from the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technoligie sent to the Bundestag :15/11/2012

defenceweb

Do you have any information for the submarine to be bought by Algeria?

from ITAR-TASS AGENCY

Andrey Baranov, Deputy Director General for Military and Technical Cooperation said :
"In Algeria we delivered four submarines and now refers to the contract for another two boats. Apparently, it will be signed, one boat at a fixed contract and one in the option, - he said. - The negotiations with the Algerian side of the" Rosoboronexport " were normal Algeria has confirmed his interest, so we hope that the contract will be signed in a rather foreseeable future. "

from ITAR-TASS AGENCY

So according to your information, this contract has not been signed. I think Kilo may not be a good choice at the moment, as the Russians do not master the AIP technology until now.

So according to your information, this contract has not been signed. I think Kilo may not be a good choice at the moment, as the Russians do not master the AIP technology until now.

on the contrary, the kilo is a good choice in this moment because the russians have small experience in AIP technology.

note that ordred kilo don't have AIP. (for export version submarine only amur class have this technology)

@Ceylal so soon Algeria would have 5 new frigates and looking for two new submarines by the way has construction of C28A has started or not ? @SU-41

Last edited by a moderator:
i have no information about the start of construction

on the contrary, the kilo is a good choice in this moment because the russians have small experience in AIP technology.

note that ordred kilo don't have AIP. (for export version submarine only amur class have this technology)

The technology of AIP for Amur is only on experimental stage, though it is better than Stirling AIP if it is matured.
What I mean is it seems the Algerian Navy always follow the main trend of the military equipment development of the world, but for submarine, Kilo without AIP is of course not that fashion.

The technology of AIP for Amur is only on experimental stage, though it is better than Stirling AIP if it is matured.
What I mean is it seems the Algerian Navy always follow the main trend of the military equipment development of the world, but for submarine, Kilo without AIP is of course not that fashion.

Algerian navy wait maturation of project AIP, Once that is completed certainly they will order a new sub :yahoo:

Algerian navy wait maturation of project AIP, Once that is completed certainly they will order a new sub :yahoo:
Russian will have a full AIP functioning by 2016. The Algerian submarine are slated for delivery in 2017 and 2018 which more likely will have AIP.

@Ceylal so soon Algeria would have 5 new frigates and looking for two new submarines by the way has construction of C28A has started or not ? @SU-41
If it hasn't , it will be soon. China, beside mastering a now how in ship building, the speed of completing project in record time is well known.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upgraded F22P will use Chinese equipment, so will not be like this one. Anyway, Pakistan Navy and Algerian Navy belongs to different technology system and use different data link (Chinese vs Europe)

What's the source indicating upgraded F22P will use Chinese equipment? I'm not saying it wouldn't, but it seems unlikely PN would limit itself to Chinese equipments only (iirc the sonar on the current F22P is NOT Chinese, for example).

As for 'technology systems' , could you kindly elaborate on what you mean by that (I don't understand what you mean by that)

Two news from HSH:
1. New ship blocks appeared on the #2 berth of the dock of Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard
2. There will be pictures of new products of navy staff released on HSH
According to my knowledge, the new products should be C28A. If so, I will reprint it.

Two news from HSH:
1. New ship blocks appeared on the #2 berth of the dock of Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard
2. There will be pictures of new products of navy staff released on HSH
According to my knowledge, the new products should be C28A. If so, I will reprint it.
I would appreciate any info's, CG's and/or pics on C28A that become available! (really curious :-)

Back
Top Bottom