What's new

Newly built LPC for Bangladesh Navy launched in China

Correction friends. After analyzing the facts and figures I have come to the conclusion that BN LPC-M or the Dhaka Class LPC-M and the PNS Azmat class are not of same class of ships. In fact, Dhaka class is far superior to the PNS Azmat class.

The most noticeable Design differences are as follows:

1. Displacement:
Dhaka class: 648 tonne
PNS Azmat Class: 560 tonne

2. Leangth:
Dhaka class: 64 meter
PNS Azmat Class: 60 meter

3. Armament:
Dhaka class: 1x 76.2mm naval gun, 2x Oerlikon 20mm cannon, 8x C-802A AShM, 4x QW-2, 2x Type 730 CIWS, 2 x 6-tube EDS-25A 250mm ASW rocket launcher (18 rockets), Decoy Louncher
PNS Azmat Class: 1x Type 87 twin 25mm gun, 2x 12.7mm machine guns, 8x C-802A AShM, 1x Type 730 CIWS, Decoy launcher

4. Electronics:
Dhaka Class: Type 360 Surface search radar, Type 352 surface search and SSM control radar for C-802A, MR-123-02/76 Fire Control Radar for 76.2mm gun, Type 347G (Rice Bowl) fire control radar for 20mm cannon, LR66 radar for CIWS, ASW fire control system
PNS Azmat class: Type 360 Surface search radar, Type 352 surface search and SSM control radar for C-802A, LR66 radar for CIWS

5. Deck Design:
Dhaka Class: Elevated foreword enhanced for better surface view
PNS Azmat class: Elevated backward sloped

6. Bow Design:
Dhaka Class: Bulbous Bow. The BN LPCs has the Bulbous Bow which the PNS Azmat Class lacks. A bulbous bow is a protruding bulb at the bow (or front) of a ship just below the waterline. The bulb modifies the way the water flows around the hull, reducing drag and thus increasing speed, range, fuel efficiency, and stability. Bulbous bows are used in vessels when:

The length is longer than about 15 metres (49 ft)
The vessel will operate in coastal and deep sea
The vessel will operate most of the time at or near its maximum speed.
PNS Azmat Class: Lacks the Bulbous Bow expressing they are for petroling coastal water lines.

In conclusion, I would say, the Dhaka class LPC-M is much superior to the PNS Azmat class and if BD budgetary allocation allows, then BN should acquire or build more of these Dhaka Class LPC-M to defent the maritime territory.

Basically it is the lack of PN that not developing its own surface fleet with Chinese on 50% JV like:
700 Ton FACs
1500-1700 Ton Corvettes
3000-3400 Ton Frigates
21000 Ton Tankers
and other equipment

These surface ships will have AShMs, ASW Torpedoes, RAM, CIWS(like Goal Keepers), AA Missiles(except FAC) and helicopter decks(except FAC).

Newly built LPC for Bangladesh :blink:

use it as short form of L pay char.....:laugh:

Guys, I have found a little old but related news which I am posting here for all of you to view. Perhaps there are some more information here, because it is talking about armaments that can hit also sub-surface objects, which I think is submarine. So, is it fitted with equipments to trace and destroy about submarine? If so, it is a special type of defence ship. I am not sure if the same news was already posted by someone earlier, though.

UNBconnect... - Newly built LPC for Bangladesh Navy launched in China

Newly built LPC for Bangladesh Navy launched in China
Reported by: UNBConnect
Reported on: August 26, 2012 19:17 PM
Reported in: National

Dhaka, Aug 26 (UNB) - The launching of the first BN Large Patrol Craft (LPC) being constructed in China has been successfully completed at Wuchang Shipyard here on Sunday.

Captain A M Quamrul Huq, BN as the representative of Bangladesh Navy, Assistant Defence Attaché (Navy) of Bangladesh Embassy in China, high officials from the Chinese side and representatives from Bangladesh community in Wuhan were present in the ceremony.

The BN Large Patrol Crafts have an overall length of 64m and displacement 648 tons at a top speed of 28 knots, said an ISPR release.

Each LPC has been armed with Surface to Surface Missile, Guns and Subsurface Weapons integrated with command and control system including the state-of-the-art combat, navigation, communication systems and other sophisticated machinery and equipment.

These Large Patrol Crafts have been constructed to suit Bangladesh Navy’s specific requirements and are highly potent platforms.

Their mission spans the entire spectrum of naval warfare, including Air, Surface and Sub-surface. They will be primarily deployed to perform maritime defence and surveillance in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) of Bangladesh.

They will also be used for maritime search and rescue, fishery and natural resources protection, as well as law enforcement duties.

The second warship under the present project is expected to be launched soon. After necessary tests and trials, the ships will soon join BN Flotilla in Bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom