What's new

New US embassy in Islamabad to get $400,000 camel sculpture

Waste of money. They could have built four descent schools with this money which would also have helped develop a friendlier image on the US.

@CENTCOM
It the Americans' money, yes this is rather extravagant but why should you be asking them to pay for Pakistani schools?

It the Americans' money, yes this is rather extravagant but why should you be asking them to pay for Pakistani schools?
Let's be fair here, he did say "helped develop a friendlier image on the US.", he never said they should. He's not wrong though, and I can honestly see thing making the US look worse in Pakistani eyes. It'd be like eating an expensive sandwich in front of a homeless person, and the throwing away half of it in the garbage.

Umm...help me out here, is this an april fools piece, or is this or real?

It'd be like eating an expensive sandwich in front of a homeless person, and the throwing away half of it in the garbage.

Oh you mean like what the Chief Minister of Sindh and his entourage did when visiting to "help" the starving people of Thar desert due to famine?

One question, why? It's not like Pakistan is an Arab country, so camels seem like an odd choice.

Answer: Camels & Arabs/and or Arab Land are NOT 'synonymous'! Camels are a great means of Logistics of sorts....
Btw, Australia does lots of Camel Husbandry
!

Answer: Camels & Arabs/and or Arab Land are NOT 'synonymous'! Camels are a great means of Logistics of sorts....
Btw, Australia does lots of Camel Husbandry
!
Those camels were transported there by the British Empire, because they found it easier for camels (rather than horses) to travel in desert locations.

If it is not meant to be an april fool joke, I can only assume that it is a work of surreal art. It looks hilariously comical.

Those camels were transported there by the British Empire, because they found it easier for camels (rather than horses) to travel in desert locations.

Ok so what is your point then?! Especially in regards to Arabs & Arab lands to be Synonymous with camels?!
There's Camels in Pakistan & in Rajasthan and around the world?!

Ok so what is your point then?! Especially in regards to Arabs & Arab lands to be Synonymous with camels?!
There's Camels in Pakistan & in Rajasthan and around the world?!
My point is that camels are more well known around the world to be associated with Arabs, not Pakistan. Kind of like the eagle is with the US, even though other countries have eagles too.

Also, why are you yell?

My point is that camels are more well known around the world to be associated with Arabs, not Pakistan. Kind of like the eagle is with the US, even though other countries have eagles too.

Also, why are you yell?
No that was not your point! You actually don't know what point you trying to make! In fact are 'stereotyping!
Also, why are you yell?[/quote]What are you trying to say here?! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom