What's new

New pics of INS Vikramditya

Does a Mig-29K have the same loiter time or range of the J-15? Can the Mig-29 carry anywhere near the number of ordance such as the J-15? The answer is no in both cases. J-15 will be much better suited to the huge open expanses of the ocean as compared to a Mig-29K.

And i am sick of trying to explain to people that the Varyag has much more storage space and so has much more capacity to store aircraft than the Indian carrier.

How much You know about J15 ,now plz don't claim you uncle ji working in Chengdu ............

Does a Mig-29K have the same loiter time or range of the J-15? Can the Mig-29 carry anywhere near the number of ordance such as the J-15? The answer is no in both cases. J-15 will be much better suited to the huge open expanses of the ocean as compared to a Mig-29K.

And i am sick of trying to explain to people that the Varyag has much more storage space and so has much more capacity to store aircraft than the Indian carrier.

How could you claim about J15 that it better suited to sea than MIG 29K ,do you think Indian navy are some bunch of Dickh*ad mate ,Who chose Mig29K over Su 33 even for INS Vikrant ?? :disagree::disagree:

How much You know about J15 ,now plz don't claim you uncle ji working in Chengdu ............

Ok, I will make it simple for you, so please read as below:

The J-15 is a copy of the SU-27. Compare the flight characteristics of the SU-27 with the Mig-29 and you will get your answer.

Please ask me if you need any further help.

The J-15 is a copy of the SU-27. Compare the flight characteristics of the SU-27 with the Mig-29 and you will get your answer.

with less powerful engine .. almost same range as Mig - 29 K .... same range of weapons .... even russian Su -33 on board carrier cant take off with
full load of weapons/fuel ... so wat is your point ???

Mig - 29K right now is the most potent fighter based out of south asia ....

How could you claim about J15 that it better suited to sea than MIG 29K ,do you think Indian navy are some bunch of Dickh*ad mate ,Who chose Mig29K over Su 33 even for INS Vikrant ?? :disagree::disagree:

I am wasting my time with you but here goes....

The reason that the Indian Navy probably chose the Mig-29K over the Su-33 is that they can fit more of the fighters into the 45,000 tonne carrier. Since the SU-33 is much larger, it stands to reason that they would be able to fit more into the confined environment of a carrier if they chose the smaller Mig-29K. I assume that if the IN went for the SU-33 they would have had only 16 SU-33 on the carrier as opposed to the 24 Mig-29K

Now if you are only interested in air defence having a small fighter would not be too much of a hindrance(but you will still have much reduced loiter time and so less number of aircraft on CAP at any one time as they will have to go back to the carrier more often to be refuelled) as the aircraft would not have to travel long distances in the open ocean. It would also only need to carry relatively light-weight AAM as air ordinance.

The real advantage of much heavier fighters comes in the attack role. The attack role would require much longer distances to be travelled and there would be a real emphasis on carrying heavy anti-ship missiles and bombs. Heavy fighters like the J-15 have ample fuel and power to power themselves over long distances and carry heavy loads

The IN are not idiots. They went for larger numbers of the smaller Mig-29K rather than smaller numbers of the heavier, much more capable SU-33. It was a decision they made as they had to think about the limitations of an aircraft carrier.

Now think to yourself, if the Mig-29 was just as good as a Su-27 why are the Indian airforce procuring massive numbers of Su-27-derived Su-30MKIs rather than the cheaper Mig-29. Are the IAF idiots then for wasting money needlessly?

Hope this helps you and if you still need more help then please let me know and I will try my best.

with less powerful engine .. almost same range as Mig - 29 K .... same range of weapons .... even russian Su -33 on board carrier cant take off with
full load of weapons/fuel ... so wat is your point ???

Mig - 29K right now is the most potent fighter based out of south asia ....

Who said anything about taking off with a full load? It will always be able to carry more fuel & weapons than the much smaller Mig-29K, that is all that matters.

WTF ???Because J15 is Copy of Su27 so it's better and mightier ???This is all you best post you can come up with mate ???:what::hitwall:

The reason that the Indian Navy probably chose the Mig-29K over the Su-33 is that they can fit more of the fighters into the 45,000 tonne carrier. Since the SU-33 is much larger, it stands to reason that they would be able to fit more into the confined environment of a carrier if they chose the smaller Mig-29K. I assume that if the IN went for the SU-33 they would have had only 16 SU-33 on the carrier as opposed to the 24 Mig-29K

Now if you are only interested in air defence having a small fighter would not be too much of a hindrance(but you will still have much reduced loiter time and so less number of aircraft on CAP at any one time as they will have to go back to the carrier more often to be refuelled) as the aircraft would not have to travel long distances in the open ocean. It would also only need to carry relatively light-weight AAM as air ordinance.

The real advantage of much heavier fighters comes in the attack role. The attack role would require much longer distances to be travelled and there would be a real emphasis on carrying heavy anti-ship missiles and bombs. Heavy fighters like the J-15 have ample fuel and power to power themselves over long distances and carry heavy loads

And what do you think about Russian strategy of scrapping Su-33 in favor of Mig-29Ks on board their Aircraft carriers?

The IN are not idiots. They went for larger numbers of the smaller Mig-29K rather than smaller numbers of the heavier, much more capable SU-33. It was a decision they made as they had to think about the limitations of an aircraft carrier.

Now think to yourself, if the Mig-29 was just as good as a Su-27 why are the Indian airforce procuring massive numbers of Su-27-derived Su-30MKIs rather than the cheaper Mig-29. Are the IAF idiots then for wasting money needlessly?

Hope this helps you and if you still need more help then please let me know and I will try my best.

haha!! am asking how you come up with conclusion that J15 is superior to Mig 29K ???And why Russia abandon its own fighter and ordered MIG29K instead ??? lol

This guy looks like on chinese payrole :cheesy::cheesy: all he got is J15 is copy of Su33 so its better than Mig29K

As long as a fighter aircraft has folding wings, it's size hardly matters. Bdw heavier aircraft requires much stopping power, which is not that ideal for carrier operations. Ever wondered why US never pursued naval F-15s. :azn:

157912286.jpg

And what do you think about Russian strategy of scrapping Su-33 in favor of Mig-29Ks on board their Aircraft carriers?

Personally it depends on why you would like a carrier based fighter. I believe that the main reason that Russian went for the Mig-29K over the Su-33 is to do with the fact they only really wanted the carrier based fighters to provide air cover. They did not plan for using the fighters in an offensive role against ships/land targets. Notice that Russian destroyers carry large numbers of anti-ship missiles whereas US destroyers are more heavily into the anti-air warfare role. The US would rely on fighter/bomber launched anti-ship missiles to attack other ships.

End of the day, the Russians wanted as many fighters as possible to fit into their aircraft carriers and they were willing to sacrifice longer range and weapons load for this aim.

As long as a fighter aircraft has folding wings, it's size hardly matters. Bdw heavier aircraft requires much stopping power, which is not that ideal for carrier operations. Ever wondered why US never pursued naval F-15s. :azn:

Exactly that's why they went for Lighter F18 hornet /superhornet ,The bigger the aircraft,the bigger the maintenance time and difficult to scramble at times , this makes a real pain in neck at high sea.

Personally it depends on why you would like a carrier based fighter. I believe that the main reason that Russian went for the Mig-29K over the Su-33 is to do with the fact they only really wanted the carrier based fighters to provide air cover. They did not plan for using the fighters in an offensive role against ships/land targets. Notice that Russian destroyers carry large numbers of anti-ship missiles whereas US destroyers are more heavily into the anti-air warfare role. The US would rely on fighter/bomber launched anti-ship missiles to attack other ships.

End of the day, the Russians wanted as many fighters as possible to fit into their aircraft carriers and they were willing to sacrifice longer range and weapons load for this aim.

So you mean Mig29K is air superiority aircraft rather than Multirole ???Now you started trolling here with shitty explanation man.Check out the above image and its armament ....

Back
Top Bottom