What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

new_islamabad_airport.jpg

Though an oldone, nice to see test flight touching landing strip of new Islamabad airport.

And another glorious waste of tax-payers money for fulfilling ego!

The construction work on Rs4 billion approach road network connecting the new Benazir Bhutto International Airport (BBIA) Islamabad was kick-started by the National Highway Authority (NHA).

Of the five approach roads, the one that will go to the BBIA from the Lahore-Peshawar Motorway (new zero point) will be built first on emergency basis so that the VVIPs and ordinary passengers travelling to the new airport from Islamabad and Rawalpindi have an easy access, said NHA General Manager, Yousuf Barakzai.

He said the NHA has the land at its disposal on which this access road would be built.

Barakzai said the motorway- BBIA access road, which would be first constructed in just one year, would enable travelers from Islamabad and Rawalpindi to reach the new airport without any delay.

Additionally, it would provide approach to transportation of air cargo.

The other four access roads will connect the BBIA from the Tarnol-Fateh Jang road, from the Thalian interchange at the Lahore-Peshawar motorway, from Islamabad toll plaza and from GT Road.

The total length of these roads is 21 kilometres.

Barakzai said the urgency was that access roads should be built before the construction work on the BBIA, which was going at a fast pace, concluded.

The groundbreaking of the new airport, spread over 3,600 acres of land, was performed in April 2007.

It is located near Fateh Jang, 20 km from Islamabad Zero Point.

As the work on access road network would start and the BBIA would become functional, business and commercial activities around it would get a fillip.

The first test flight to the under-construction New Benazir Bhutto International Airport near Fatehjang to check its runway successfully landed on 15th March 2012.

Defence Minister Ahmad Mukhtar, Secretary Defence Nargis Sethi, Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) authorities and other senior officials were on board in the ever first flight that landed at the New Benazir Bhutto International Airport Islamabad.

The construction of two runways have been completed, while the remaining work is in progress and likely to complete by end of June 2013.

NHA Starts Work On Roads Connecting New Airport

And another glorious waste of tax-payers money for fulfilling ego!

I dont think so. Islamabad needs an airport. The current facility is a makeshift one. When city's railway station looks much better than the airport, the city needs a new airport :)

I dont think so. Islamabad needs an airport. The current facility is a makeshift one. When city's railway station looks much better than the airport, the city needs a new airport :)

I meant this landing by Ahmed Mukhtar, not the airport.

I just hate the name thats all

There should be a law where the name of such a important venue must be debated by Scholars or Educated University class. And no one should be named after who died less then 20 years ago

Liaqat Ali International Airport would have been better ...
Or Even Fatima Jinah International Airport ...

What next Bilaway Zardari , international Port Gawadar

don't worry it will not the name as PPP will kicked in early 2013
Hope so I hate every name of these corrupt thugs even some places named after terrorist and traitors in karachi altaf and bacha khan

Yaar why is everything in Pakistan so slow. The worst thing is its even slower than India which herself works at snail's pace.

I mean, is it lack of funds due to slumber economy or lack of expertise and proffesionalism among PMs

Gone are the days in which the infrastructure projects will be delayed and don't meet it's dead line or even the estimated budget- now in India most of the major projects are given in the hands of private companies and they are able to complete the projects in given time and with in the allotted budget, and I believe even Pakistani private sector will also be more efficient compared to the public sector, so better if they give this airport construction entirely in private hand to get it completed in time...

The airport project under construction in Mumbai is multiple times bigger than this project, and they call it "mother of all Indian airports" - but yet within four years time a private firm GVK Group is going to complete the project...

By the way I saw the demo video of the New Islamabad Airport and it's very beautiful and is going to be the best airport in Pakistan once after completion, and going to rank among the best in the world...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Control Tower is Nice

Is it really going to built with Islamabad Int. Airport.

Design is propossed or Approved??

Wow Control Tower is Nice

Is it really going to built with Islamabad Int. Airport.

Design is propossed or Approved??
It is under construction according to HCS's facebook page.

Back
Top Bottom