What's new

New Iranian UAVs spotted!

No retractable gears...
ohhh ..what? :blink:
skids.. yes :blink: ..it's for the north pole operatins?

Retractable gears ordinary is used in MALE and upper class UAVs. For example Hermes 450 or Bayraktar (Tactical UAV) do not has a retractable gears but bigger UAVs like Predator, ANKA & Heron has retractable gears.

Skies is useful in lands full of loose sands, where it is not possible to land with landing gear. like great central deserts of Iran.

IranHermes.jpg

Where are the weapons?

Well it seems our Friend and Brother neighbor country Republic of Azerbaijan was generous with its Hermes 450 UAVs and sent us several of them for studying and improving .:cheers:

Well it seems our Friend and Brother neighbor country Republic of Azerbaijan was generous with its Hermes 450 UAVs and sent us several of them for studying and improving .:cheers:

I think those are captured from Americans (They are one of the operators). Remember that we announced that we've captured some US drones last year? They said that they showed reverse engineered drones to Russians. I didn't believe that until seeing these.

Also, Hermes 450 uses a wankel engine. It was announced last year that the defense ministry is going to produce wankel engines for UAVs.

iran is more advance than any muslim country in drone technology Inshaalah one day iran wil be worlds leading country in science and technology God bless iran

orly.jpg

Even Emirates are building better drones. (no offence)

The fuselage is too small for retractable gears.

The one with skid uses a parachute to land. Those skids are there to protect the camera.

-small landing gears for small aircraft

-3 whell systems do the same job (retractable gears or not..see picture nu:1)

Retractable gears ordinary is used in MALE and upper class UAVs. For example Hermes 450 or Bayraktar (Tactical UAV) do not has a retractable gears but bigger UAVs like Predator, ANKA & Heron has retractable gears.

Skies is useful in lands full of loose sands, where it is not possible to land with landing gear. like great central deserts of Iran.

-if there are better UAVs so nothing to say new (except İran)
-you need retractable gears for better speed and range
-if you see the first picture front landing gears is retractable..to reach better view
How can you get take of this UAV from desert? 3 whell systems do the same job better than skids

if there are better UAVs so nothing to say new (except İran)
Bayraktar (Tactical UAV) has been designed after ANKA although ANKA is the most important UAV in service in Turkey. In fact they answer different kind of requirements. If only the best vehicle in each class in the world should be named as the new one so most probably ANKA is not a new product, but if you want my opinion it is, indeed. So I do not agree with that idea. That is true for scientific research not the productions

you need retractable gears for better speed and range I agree but it is not common in this class of UAVs as I said. The design should be cost efficient. In more expensive systems that could be included in design.

If you see the first picture, front landing gears is retractable..to reach better view what is the idea of only front retractable gears? The rear gears are larger and more effective in hole aerodynamics of the plane! Maybe to clean the camera front sight as you mentioned!

How can you get take of this UAV from desert? 3 whell systems do the same job better than skids
In this class of UAVs take off is different from MALE and HALE UAVs. They mostly lunch from a vehicle. The one with skies uses parachute to land and it needs something to reduce the risk of hitting the earth by own-body.

if there are better UAVs so nothing to say new (except İran)
Bayraktar (Tactical UAV) has been designed after ANKA although ANKA is the most important UAV in service in Turkey. In fact they answer different kind of requirements. If only the best vehicle in each class in the world should be named as the new one so most probably ANKA is not a new product, but if you want my opinion it is, indeed. So I do not agree with that idea. That is true for scientific research not the productions

you need retractable gears for better speed and range I agree but it is not common in this class of UAVs as I said. The design should be cost efficient. In more expensive systems that could be included in design.

If you see the first picture, front landing gears is retractable..to reach better view what is the idea of only front retractable gears? The rear gears are larger and more effective in hole aerodynamics of the plane! Maybe to clean the camera front sight as you mentioned!

In this class of UAVs take off is different from MALE and HALE UAVs. They mostly lunch from a vehicle. The one with skies uses parachute to land and it needs something to reduce the risk of hitting the earth by own-body.
espacially UAV uses vechile launch system has no landing gears or skids,
turna-g1.jpg

m_turna-g-5-galeri.jpg

- so..Bayraktar UAV did not pass the tests..
-ok lets go step by step..did you understant that point:
if 3 whell system do the same job better than other..why you use skids?

espacially UAV uses vechile launch system has no landing gears or skids
This is true often for target drones. not all of the UAVs, please check the link below.
Tactical UAV (Launcher / Parachute) Project

- so..Bayraktar UAV did not pass the tests.. I know, It is a recent development to response the requirements for the project "Tactical UAV (Runway) Project"

-ok lets go step by step..did you understant that point:
if 3 whell system do the same job better than other..why you use skids?

It depends sir, one can not generalize the concepts in engineering. It is not true to say "3 wheel system do the same job better than others in all conditions" most vertical landing UAV systems use skies instead of 3 wheel system. For example Fire scout as one of the most serious heli type UAV uses skies instead of "3 whell system". I think the design team has had the reasons for those skies.

AIR_MQ-8B_Cutaway_from_NGC_lg.jpg

To be honest I do not completely know why they have chosen skies instead of 3 whell system. But this proves that 3 whell system is not always the only option. Landing with parachute could be classified as a semi vertical landing. So it is not very strange to use skies as an other option.

Back
Top Bottom