What's new

New Fazotron Zhuk-ME radars enter production, Ready for India

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
New Fazotron Zhuk-ME radars enter production, Ready for India

The Fazotron-NIIR corporation has launched the serial production of Zhuk-ME onboard radar systems designed to be installed on the export version of Russia’s MiG-29 fighter jet.“The enterprise is expected to deliver approximately ten Zhuk-ME onboard radar systems in 2010,” Anatoly Kanashchenkov, Fazotron-NIIR first deputy general director and general designer, told Interfax-AVN.

Before the end of the year, the corporation will also have to manufacture spare parts sufficient to make “another ten Zhuk-ME radars,” Kanashchenkov said.Newly made MiG-29K/KUB and MiG-29SMT fighter jets will be fitted with such radars, he said.Fazotron-NIIR has also been “participating in the modernization of 64 MiG-29 fighter jets owned by the Indian Air Force,” he said.

“Flight tests of India’s modernized MiG-29 planes are expected to begin in Russia at the end of 2010 or at the start of 2011,” Kanashchenkov said.“In 2010, the corporation will also continue efforts to fine-tune Zhuk-ME radars installed on MiG-29SMT airplanes under a contract with Algeria,” he said.“The aforementioned MiG-29SMT planes have been returned to Russia by Algeria and will be sent to the Russian Air Force’s units after all the necessary adjustments are made,” he added.

ASIAN DEFENCE: New Fazotron Zhuk-ME radars enter production

Anyone know if these are installed on the Mig-29k's yet?

Anyone know if these are installed on the Mig-29k's yet?

Right now its not installed on any aircraft. It will be installed on Mig 29s.
India is the primary customer. Russia might install these on its Mig29.

Right now its not installed on any aircraft. It will be installed on Mig 29s.
India is the primary customer. Russia might install these on its Mig29.
so our mig-29k's are flying without radar???

so our mig-29k's are flying without radar???

radar mig 29k

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Zhuk-AE-Analysis.html

Mikoyan MiG-29K - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Zhuk-ME is an advanced variant of the original N010 Zhuk radar introducing advanced air to surface functions like mapping and terrain following. The radar forms part of the MiG-29K specific equipment. The radar features improved signal processing and has a detection range of up to 120 km vs a 5 m2 RCS target for the export variant, and up to 10 targets tracked and up to 4 attacked at once in air to air mode.[19] The tracking range is 0.83 - 0.85 of the detection range. In air to surface mode the radar can detect a tank from up to 25 km away and a bridge from 120 km away, a naval destroyer could be detected up to 300 km away and up to two surface targets can be tracked at once. The radar has a weight of 220 kg and a scanning area of +/- 85 degrees in azimuth and +56/-40 in elevation. The antenna is an electronically scanned slotted planar array and has a diameter of 624 mm.[19]

The Zhuk-AE radar was developed with modular approach, enabling upgrade of existing Zhuk ME radars deployed in MiG-29 platforms into the active electronic scanned array (AESA) Zhuk-AE standard. India is already operating the BAR phased array radar on its Su-30MKI and has specified AESA as a critical element of the MRCA platform.[20] The MiG-35 is a contender with the Eurofighter Typhoon, F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, Dassault Rafale, JAS 39 Gripen and F-16 Falcon for the bid of more than 126 multirole combat aircraft to be procured by the Indian Air Force in Indian MRCA competition. There were some reports that the optional Mig 29K/KUB for India are offered with Zhuk AE.[21] It is also possible Russian Navy may deploy the Zhuk-AE 'AESA' instead of Zhuk-ME radar for its own use.

ppl dont get angry but the name (zhuk me)sounds like

Last edited by a moderator:
saber no need to do that.:angry:

does any one know how much Zhuk-me cost?

and how it fairs against similar Weston counterparts ?

sorry buddy i apriciate the tech and all but really i saw the movie last night and when read the name i really laughed on the co incidence by no means im undermining or disgracing the radar it was just a little joke:cheers:

dude why not any AESA radar produced for mig 29

there are many AESA present with different countries ... so why we choose other rather than aesa radar

dude why not any AESA radar produced for mig 29

there are many AESA present with different countries ... so why we choose other rather than aesa radar

i guss IAF wants a step by step approch most prob they ll get an AESA with MMRCA so they may be waiting for a little experience then install it on other AC

Back
Top Bottom