What's new

New Delhi to get India's first Russian Orthodox Church

I don't know situation in AP.

Even a few years ago in my area, there were huge number of missionaries. From office colleagues who wrote me mails to convert to Christianity to managers in office who filled vacancies in office by their Church members, it was like being invaded by Missionaries everywhere.

We go to Baptist Hospital for family illnesses as it is nearby. You can hardly get admitted there without some helper coming to ask you to convert. Of course they say you can keep your Indian name and culture, just change the god.

Even a few years ago in my area, there were huge number of missionaries. From office colleagues who wrote me mails to convert to Christianity to managers in office who filled vacancies in office by their Church members, it was like being invaded by Missionaries everywhere.

We go to Baptist Hospital for family illnesses as it is nearby. You can hardly get admitted there without some helper coming to ask you to convert. Of course they say you can keep your Indian name and culture, just change the god.

I am not supporting these kind of missionaries,FYI

@Indrani
"knowledge itself is its own reward"
agreed,,,,but it seems that is not inspiration enough,,do u seriously think the new generation will buy that n start studying religious texts....our Society is becoming more n more materialistic..

i too agree that ,we have a tiny percentage of atheist..
but
just visiting a temple doesn't make one religious....

well about drinking,,,u shud check the lines infront of wineshops n thekas:p:
we may be behind a lot of other countries,,,but ppl do drink,,just check,how many litres of whiskey consumed ..:agree:
i travel quite alot ,,u'll have to take my word for it,,,rt now on my way to Delhi:agree:
---------
hermi ,,i am just asking how do u propose we make the common man more aware of dharma...

They are believe me they are. Facts are being dug up, positions are being taken. What makes one religious if not visiting temples? Going to bars? Or you have something in your mind that being religious means becoming a monk in some order.

India was going the atheist way with heavy dose condemnation of Hinduism from everywhere and distortions after distortions of the faith. What saved the day in a huge way then were the Chandamama and Amar Chitra Khata comics. Then came the serials Ramayana and Mahabharata. What do you think happened then?

For all the que before wineshops and Thekas, have you ever heard of stampede in India before a wineshop? But that is an yearly feature in India at temples right? That should give you the difference in the scale.

Ever heard of Vedic Schools?

I am older than 2 decades and I never saw the things you claimed. You will know them they are Christians if only they tell you themselves.

That has been the recent trend. When I was in Bombay, it was hard to find a Christian who did not have a Western name or a Christian woman who adopted Indian dressings and mannerisms. But last few years I have seen a lot of Christians who look more traditional Hindus than Hindus themselves.

Last edited:
by that logic anybody n everybody visiting a bar is an alcoholic too......
cant watch the videos as am on mobile....vedic schools,,dont know if this is good or bad,,,hope that they dont follow the madrassa suite...
we had our chandamama,champak,amarchitra katha,,,,,,kids rarely read those nowadays,,,,
neway leave it seems u r busy conversing with others,,,we will discuss this later,,gdnt

cant watch the videos as am on mobile....vedic schools,,dont know if this is good or bad,,,hope that they dont follow the madrassa suite...
we had our chandamama,champak,amarchitra katha,,,,,,kids rarely read those nowadays,,,,
neway leave it seems u r busy conversing with others,,,we will discuss this later,,gdnt

LOL. Logic fail. Everyone who visits a bar is a drinker, not alcoholic. Alcoholism is a disorder. Everyone who visits a temple is a believer and has faith. Becoming religious is not a disorder. Most Tamils you see are religious. Do not equate them with being alcoholics please. I do not know what they teach Bengalis about religiosity, but it certainly defies logic.

Vedic schools were the norm in India before the muslim invasions. Do not know of suicide bombers from the vedic schools. Do Bengalis tell you about vedic terrorists?

LOL. Logic fail. Everyone who visits a bar is a drinker, not alcoholic. Alcoholism is a disorder. Everyone who visits a temple is a believer and has faith. Becoming religious is not a disorder. Most Tamils you see are religious. Do not equate them with being alcoholics please. I do not know what they teach Bengalis about religiosity, but it certainly defies logic.

Vedic schools were the norm in India before the muslim invasions. Do not know of suicide bombers from the vedic schools. Do Bengalis tell you about vedic terrorists?
what is there to lol about??
do u have a problem with bengalis???
u r Hermione aren't u???or have i been wasting my time on a troll??
btw i am not bengali,,,i am an Assamese....muslims cudnt rule us....

what is there to lol about??
do u have a problem with bengalis???
u r Hermione aren't u???or have i been wasting my time on a troll??
btw i am not bengali,,,i am an Assamese....muslims cudnt rule us....

So you compare being religious with being alcoholic and you do not think there is a flaw in the thinking? What do you think religious people do? Kill their families for the next visit to the temple? Beat their wives and children for not being able to afford a religious book? Do you think religious people need to go to de-addiction center?

That is Dr. K Radhakrishnan who is a great devotee of Tirupathi Balaji and is a very religious person. Yeah he also happens to be the Chairman of ISRO. Do you think we need to send Dr. K Radhakrishnan to some de-addiction center so that he can become irreligious like you?

So you compare being religious with being alcoholic and you do not think there is a flaw in the thinking? What do you think religious people do? Kill their families for the next visit to the temple? Beat their wives and children for not being able to afford a religious book? Do you think religious people need to go to de-addiction center?

That is Dr. K Radhakrishnan who is a great devotee of Tirupathi Balaji and is a very religious person. Yeah he also happens to be the Chairman of ISRO. Do you think we need to send Dr. K Radhakrishnan to some de-addiction center so that he can become irreligious like you?

it was u ,in a previous post of urs ,where u asked "what makes a man religious,visiting a temple or a bar".....
i tried to point that visiting a temple,doesn't automatically make one religious,,,nor everyone entering a bar is an alcoholic,,, alot guys just accompany others,,,,
but seems that somehow i offended u ...didnt mean to..
no need to bring in dr.radhakrishnan...i was trying to discuss how to increase awareness among the new generation regarding hinduism/dharma....but u took off on a different trajectory...
dont see any point discussing it more,,,,tumney mood bhi kharab kar Dia.

Don't you dare diss Hinduism or I will break your teeth sallope.
"Don,t you diss hinduism or i will force you to convert"
For breaking my teeth first you need to stop talking big online and should come face to face.Once i had taught some hindu a harsh lesson and you know his *** still hurts when he sit :lol:

it was u ,in a previous post of urs ,where u asked "what makes a man religious,visiting a temple or a bar".....
i tried to point that visiting a temple,doesn't automatically make one religious,,,nor everyone entering a bar is an alcoholic,,, alot guys just accompany others,,,,
but seems that somehow i offended u ...didnt mean to..
no need to bring in dr.radhakrishnan...i was trying to discuss how to increase awareness among the new generation regarding hinduism/dharma....but u took off on a different trajectory...
dont see any point discussing it more,,,,tumney mood bhi kharab kar Dia.

Being religious by no measure means being pundits or great scholars of religion. More often than not it is simple devotion and adherence to certain principles.

This is the only meaning of religious.
religious
rɪˈlɪdʒəs/
adjective.
  1. relating to or believing in a religion.
    "both men were deeply religious and moralistic"
    synonyms:

devout, pious, reverent, believing, godly, God-fearing, dutiful, saintly,holy, prayerful, churchgoing, practising, faithful, devoted, committed

Fucker, I am French tamil from neuilly plaisance, we make pakistani our bitch. You got any balls pakistani? I will make you my slave.
Hahahaha...look a slave is talking about making his master a slave :lol:
Your tamil ancestary is full of slavery to us .Yea read the history and you will know about my balls kiddo)

Pakistan was founded on religious grounds ! Not India, go and read about the partition.
Is that your secular argument? that it was not founded on religious grounds? Big deal genius if a country has majority 80% hindus what will that country be called?

Dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Why are you obsessed with this 'trader' thing ? And there are middle eastern Christians who sought asylum in India/Migrated to Kerala.
Because it was not untill the prougese came did christianity spread.

Whats dumb about it?India being the only hindu majority nation in world just like israel

Hindu originally meant Indian.
Show me where it meant Indian? bharat was the name in olden times india was a name given by europeans.

I don't agree with banning 'bhagawat gita' as it is.However I don't know whether ISKCON edition is 'manipulated'(I had heard it,but never read it).
Then dont comment About it as shitty if you never read it.

Is that your secular argument? that it was not founded on religious grounds? Big deal genius if a country has majority 80% hindus what will that country be called?

Have you ever read the constitution ? Where does it say that India is a theocratic state? Where does it contain that any particular religion is to be preferred?

Seriously, your comment is so stupid it hurts... if you cant come up with something useful keep talking to yourself and other fundamentalists.

Back
Top Bottom