What's new

Netizen outrage after Chinese tourist defaces Egyptian temple

Treat him with legal consequences. Let Chinese Government pay reparations and charge his family in return.

Treat him with legal consequences. Let Chinese Government pay reparations and charge his family in return.

Why should the parents of the young one be charged for what he did?
Did teh parents told the kid to deaface the thing?
Get over it.. Egyptians are doing far greater harm to their country!! What this kid did , although Sad..but really ? Do we need a thread for this? Somebody get a spray paint!!!

Why should the parents of the young one be charged for what he did?
Did teh parents told the kid to deaface the thing?
Get over it.. Egyptians are doing far greater harm to their country!! What this kid did , although Sad..but really ? Do we need a thread for this? Somebody get a spray paint!!!

@elweirdo, you are from a third world country and not familiar with the international laws. The parents of Minors are RESPONSIBLE for the acts of a minor since you cannot try a minor.

Learn something before you make a fool of yourself in a Public Forum.

And what is that you write about Spray Paint ? You want to Spray Paint the Luxor wall over the carving.

What Planet are you from , Kid ?

Grow up.

The marker the youth used was chalk and the Egyptians already cleaned up with no damages.

The parents already apologies profusely and repeatedly. The boy cried shamefully and will probably cannot lift his head for a long time to come in the future. Chinese Government officials verbally reprimanded the family and probably will do the same to the Egyptian Government and people. A compensation will probably be offered.

As for the Chinese people this's a great lesson to be learned: Respect other country and people when you are traveling abroad. A little smile and proper etiquette won't hurt either or at least make you trip more pleasant.

The marker the youth used was chalk and the Egyptians already cleaned up with no damages.

The parents already apologies profusely and repeatedly. The boy cried shamefully and will probably cannot lift his head for a long time to come in the future. Chinese Government officials verbally reprimanded the family and probably will do the same to the Egyptian Government and people. A compensation will probably be offered.

As for the Chinese people this's a great lesson to be learned: Respect other country and people when you are traveling abroad. A little smile and proper etiquette won't hurt either or at least make you trip more pleasant.

The article uses the word " Scratched " and that implies using a knife or other pointed steel instrument to scratch the writing in stone monument. I am not sure where you found chalk story ? Maybe I missed something in which case please enlighten me.

We do have idiotic teens but foremost idiotic parents who do not teach their children properly.

What a shame.

The article uses the word " Scratched " and that implies using a knife or other pointed steel instrument to scratch the writing in stone monument. I am not sure where you found chalk story ? Maybe I missed something in which case please enlighten me.

It was hard chalk marks which really didn't scratch the stone. I read the article with a picture that shows no marking at all a few hour and am still trying to find the piece.

BTW the monument is clearly some kind of hard stone. The boy, at the most, would carry a pocket knife and that was not a tool to make any scratch mark on it giving his lingering time there by himself can not be more than a minute or two.

one Chinese traveler saw a mark on temple, "丁锦昊到此一游"-“Ding Jinhao a visit here”, then he made a picture by phone and share on Weibo(Micro blog post), the post was shared by Chinese Netizen for 90000times and comments 18000 in several hours, bring a big discussion and reflection. at that night netizen find that there are 7 people with the name 丁锦昊 in whole China, and finally lock the one--15years old student in a middle-school. Then his Parents Public apology.
Notice: 1.As 《The law on the protection of minors》,children not reach the age of 16 years old have not civil liability, his guardian should take all responsibility for him.
2. "丁锦昊到此一游"-“Ding Jinhao a visit here”---this first come from a Chinese Classical Mythology Fiction-《Synopsis of Journey to the West 》, Sun Wukong wrote the "Monkey King A visit here" on the finger of Tathagata Buddha, but get a 500 years imprisonment, children sometimes imitate
3. the words in this picture
128987403_Ding_417013c.jpg

is wrote by chalk,thank god the words are fully clear at 26th May
33781369649101.jpg

???????????????_??_???
4.in 28th May, Egypt Stationed in China Embassy Response to the thing, condemned the destruction of heritage and thank Chinese for pay close attention to protect Egyptian antiquities

Ten Chinese lost their lives in balloon accident in Egypt and here comes this kind of thing,I can't tell the complicated feeling mixed of sadness and shame for both things,why Chinese,just consequences of sudden wealth?

Ten Chinese lost their lives in balloon accident in Egypt and here comes this kind of thing,I can't tell the complicated feeling mixed of sadness and shame for both things,why Chinese,just consequences of sudden wealth?

I am somewhat curious @Tractor, maybe you can help to improve my understanding of Chinese society.

Is it true that such an incident could be considered unimagineable to occur 20 years ago ?

So do you think it is result of China's one child policy, so kids today are more spoiled because one child and 6 Parents/Grandparents and consequently kids are more spoiled today ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am somewhat curious @Tractor, maybe you can help to improve my understanding of Chinese society.

Is it true that such an incident could be considered unimagineable to occur 20 years ago ?

So do you think it is result of China's one child policy, so kids today are more spoiled because one child and 6 Parents/Grandparents and consequently kids are more spoiled today ?
One child policy not a matter and I think these events happened just because chinese are not so familiar with the outside world and lack kowledge in how to deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is an teen.. Parents apologised, they will pay up fine.. A small incident guys and move on.

yes he is a teen not a baby
damaged the 3500 years old of history is not a small incident, if that what you think then it an insult to Egypt and her people. w Would you think it a small incident if some teen damaged your national 3500 years old history?

What the child did was unfortunate.

What his parents did was commendable. I doubt if an Indian parent would have taken ownership for their childs actions ( unless caught red handed) and apologised.

They would have denied it outright.

Back
Top Bottom