What's new

Need Advice on a new phone

How many of you tried this Paranoid Android HALO

Its running fine even on my ancient S1..you guys should root your phone to take full advantage of android and different variety of ROMS available on XDA..

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of you tried this Paranoid Android HALO

Its running fine even on my ancient S1..you guys should root your phone to take full advantage of android and different variety of ROMS available on XDA..
yaar,but this whole fear of rooting and warranty etc... stops me from rooting..

Last edited by a moderator:
yaar,but this whole fear of rooting and warranty etc... stops me from rooting..
haha same case was with me but trust me rooting is very much safe ..whenever i get any new phone then first thing i do is root the phone and remove all useless system app which i don't need and then i customize the phone the way i like..new ROM make ur phone feel like its brand new and up to date with google new features and ROMS...even S1 is running smoothly on JB 4.2.2 with halo and soon it will be upgraded to 4.3 so i guess this all was not possible without rooting

there is also a solution for warranty things..you can always switch back to stock ROM after simply downloading stock rom and flashing it via odin

I have an Iphone 5 and I like it

Are you from Jammu and Kashmir?

haha same case was with me but trust me rooting is very much safe ..whenever i get any new phone then first thing i do is root the phone and remove all useless system app which i don't need and then i customize the phone the way i like..new ROM make ur phone feel like its brand new and up to date with google new features and ROMS...even S1 is running smoothly on JB 4.2.2 with halo and soon it will be upgraded to 4.3 so i guess this all was not possible without rooting

there is also a solution for warranty things..you can always switch back to stock ROM after simply downloading stock rom and flashing it via odin

I am new to Android.Is rooting something like Jailbreak on Apple?

Rooting allows you to delete apps that comes pre downloaded (for lack of a better word) in android ...
and you can also change some settings in stock built android...

BUT dont confuse rooting with jailbreak...
Android is kinda like ios jailbroken, but without the risks.

Rooting allows you to delete apps that comes pre downloaded (for lack of a better word) in android ...
and you can also change some settings in stock built android...

BUT dont confuse rooting with jailbreak...
Android is kinda like ios jailbroken, but without the risks.

But Jailbreak gives me an advantage that i can get the paid apps for free but Android doesnt.

Jail break use for iphone and word root use for android . People jailbreak their iphone because they can not install apps/games/themes in their phones without apple store which is not the case with android where you can download apps from many sources. You can simply drag and drop apps(APK) in ur sd crads and can install it so its already jail break as you can get apps from sources other than Google play store..

Rooting is like having administrator access to the phone's entire operating system to do whatever you want to do with it. you cannot un install system app without rooting. you can not move certain apps from internal memory to sd card without rooting. Rooting also allow you to over clock /under cloak your processor speed. It allow you to freeze apps which eating your battery in background.. It also allow you to try different custom ROMS available on xda forums. There are plenty of useful apps in play store which you cannot use if you dont have root access of your phone for example sprint FM let you use FM without internet, screencast let you capture video of your phone screen, Titanium backup let you freeze/ backup/restore apps, there are apps which let you mount your external hardrive or sd card with phone etc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom