What's new

Navy tested missile near Gwadar

Just saw on Dawn news that Navy tested some missile near Gwadar region. No details about the missile. Wait till their website updates the news. :)

could be exocet, harpoon, c-802 or........

Desperately waiting :smokin:
Although I am expecting it to be just an already tested Pakistani missile, but lets see what surprises Pakistan has for India today.

Naval chief visits forward bases of Pakistan Marines

KARACHI: Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Mohammad Asif Sandila, visited forward bases of Pakistan Marines at Creeks Area in connection with Exercise Sea Spark 12. On his arrival, the chief of the Naval Staff was given briefing by Commander Coast on various measures undertaken to ensure impregnable defence of this highly difficult and peculiarly special area. Later, the chief of the Naval Staff visited various locations/ forward deployment sites of Pak Marines and appreciated troops high morale. Pak Marines and other elements exhibited their special skills in various demo including raids/ ambushes and other drills under different environment. The Naval Chief also witnessed the close air support operations by PAF aircraft. The Naval Chief during his visit in creeks also inspected Pak Marines forward most border posts. While interacting with the personnel, the Naval Chief stressed upon the importance of this strategically so important area and role of Pakistan Navy to safeguard country’s vital interests. staff report

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

No surprises, just roputine exercises...

Desperately waiting :smokin:
Although I am expecting it to be just an already tested Pakistani missile, but lets see what surprises Pakistan has for India today.

Several missiles tested during exercise ,normally different version of
anti ship like air to sea surface, ssm and submarine launched are tested. One of the reported missile is surface to air with 6 km range, possibly by Pak marines.

anti ship like air to sea surface, ssm and submarine launched are tested. One of the reported missile is surface to air with 6 km range, possibly by Pak marines.

hoping C802 is among the tested.:yahoo:

PN is going through their exercise, missiles and weapon systems have been tested according to script of exercise and nothing new.

It might be Babur Naval Version.
No, i think this may be Harpoon.
We have not much submarines to test naval version. Also it is very difficult to make naval Cruise missile due to many aspects. Let wait for Chinese submarines, then we can expect test of Babur. it will take time. I already said this is not easy task as you are expecting. I wish i am wrong and today is the test of naval version of Babur :coffee:
But we have no credible source that claims that our naval version of Babur is completed for test.

9-29-2012_122137_1.gif

That looks like a C802 being launched from a fast patrol craft.

9-29-2012_122137_1.gif

cd0acf5c-5f21-4b63-99fe-c591a23a30ca.Large.jpg

:what: who's going to approach 6 KM near a ship or coast to attack? 6 KM range SAM might be used by ground soldiers against Helicopters BUT in naval context it doesn't make any sense. I hope it was 60 instead of 6.

Back
Top Bottom