What's new

Navy chief leaves for Italy

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Navy chief leaves for Italy

Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)

DHAKA, Oct 15 (BSS) -Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Zahir Uddin Ahmed left here today for Italy to attend the 9th Venice Regional Seapower Symposium scheduled to be held from October 16- 19.

Navy Chief of Italy will inaugurate the 4-day-long Regional Seapower Symposium (RSS). High rank naval representatives including navy chiefs of different countries are expected to attend the symposium, an ISPR release said.

Main slogan of the symposium is 'From traditional roles to emerging Maritime Security Challenges, Naval Forces' improved effectiveness in a demanding environment'.

During his stay in Italy, Vice Admiral Zahir will call on navy chiefs of Italy, Cyprus, Lebanon and Turkey aiming at strengthening the existing friendly relations among those regional naval forces.

Wife of navy chief Begum Shabnam Ahmed accompanied the two member delegation and they are scheduled to return home on October 21,the release added.

What if we can get the small italian aircraft carrier Cavour (550) or Giuseppe Garibaldi .:P lol just dreaming.

Humpty Dumpty went on a vacation at the beaches in the Mediterranean

Wife of navy chief Begum Shabnam Ahmed accompanied the two member delegation and they are scheduled to return home on October 21,the release added.

Why does she need to go? Is she a navy member? Waste of money if she is travelling on government expense.

More Otomat !!
A wild guess---May be BN will get newer Otomats to be refitted on the upcoming Hamilton Cutter,because US would not allow Chinese missiles on that ship and also our already existing Otomats are getting old.
Another wild guess---may be buira boyoshey veemroti dhorse,bou re nia Venice a romantic time spend korbe !!!

:lol:This Naval Chief's wife used to wear Hijab, then she topped wearing it all of a sudden after he became the Naval chief. Upon asking why she stopped wearing the hijab she replied "pore bolbo":rofl:

More Otomat !!:undecided:
A wild guess---May be BN will get newer Otomats to be refitted on the upcoming Hamilton Cutter,because US would not allow Chinese missiles on that ship and also our already existing Otomats are getting old.
Another wild guess---may be buira boyoshey veemroti dhorse,bou re nia Venice a romantic time spend korbe !!!

Why you dont like otomat?

Hmm if US doesnt allow chinese missiles on the hamilton class cutter, we will have to break our piggy bank to find a new SAM system :/

Dailystar and BMF reported that bangladesh is currently negotiating with montenegro to buy off the self warships. I hope that navy chief will stop by montenegro and bring back positive acquisition news(thats just me though).

Why you dont like otomat?

Hmm if US doesnt allow chinese missiles on the hamilton class cutter, we will have to break our piggy bank to find a new SAM system :/

Dailystar and BMF reported that bangladesh is currently negotiating with montenegro to buy off the self warships. I hope that navy chief will stop by montenegro and bring back positive acquisition news(thats just me though).
No no,i like otomat,I like anything Italian.Its just wrong choice of smiley.
I read somewhere BN already scrapped the Montenegro procurement possibility. BMF banned me a long time ago.:cry:

More Otomat !!

There could be compatibility issues.

It was apparently said that after we bought BNS Bongobondhu, we had serious problems with compatibility since the Koreans mostly used US/NATO systems, and we tried to fit in Chinese systems. It took time and money to fix that issue.

The Otomat is a very powerful weapon, don't underestimate it just because it isn't combat proven and that it didn't commercially do well compared to Boeing's Harpoon.

Pfftt...Americans and their lobbying...

By the way, the Mk. 2 block IV variant can apparently strike ground targets.

Hell, even the Americans were reported to be impressed by its performance during tests. They were even interested in procuring them. Lol...

Though, am a bit concerned about its SAM capability. Any idea as to which possible NATO stuff we may buy for that? Anyone?

Humpty Dumpty went on a vacation at the beaches in the Mediterranean

both Turkey and Italy are important partners of our naval force. not sure about Lebanon and Cyprus though. We have BNS osman in lebanon!!

No no,i like otomat,I like anything Italian.Its just wrong choice of smiley.
I read somewhere BN already scrapped the Montenegro procurement possibility. BMF banned me a long time ago.:cry:

Why? Leaked out news to PDF is it?

Back
Top Bottom