What's new

Navy all set to bring P8I Poseidon this month to India

We can definitely expect the order to grow.

For sure- the IN are saying this, Boeing are saying this and analysts are saying this!

According to one reporter who visited the P-8 production line in the US, Boeing has forecasted 30+ units for India in the long-term and they've not just pulled that figure out their backsides, this must have come about after talks with the IN.

For sure- the IN are saying this, Boeing are saying this and analysts are saying this!

and Russians are frowning along with, so theres definitely some commitment on part of India.

According to one reporter who visited the P-8 production line in the US, Boeing has forecasted 30+ units for India in the long-term and they've not just pulled that figure out their backsides, this must have come about after talks with the IN.
Yes and it makes sense to have a fleet of that size considering the interests India will have in near future. We are not just talking about our territorial maritime interests but also trade route protection and it can also be used for pearl watching of a certain string in Indian Ocean Region :azn:

and Russians are frowning along with, so theres definitely some commitment on part of India.

Yes and it makes sense to have a fleet of that size considering the interests India will have in near future. We are not just talking about our territorial maritime interests but also trade route protection and it can also be used for pearl watching of a certain string in Indian Ocean Region :azn:

I don't see why the Russians should be surprised they don't have any comparable product that can remotely compete with the P-8.

And with an expanding navy, an expanding outlook, the growing importance of the IOR, a vast area to control and a rise of threats, it makes sense for India to be investing so heavily in such assets along with complementary systems such as UAVs, MR-MPAs, shore-based AWACS and ground based radar and survelince stations.

I don't see why the Russians should be surprised they don't have any comparable product that can remotely compete with the P-8.

And with an expanding navy, an expanding outlook, the growing importance of the IOR, a vast area to control and a rise of threats, it makes sense for India to be investing so heavily in such assets along with complementary systems such as UAVs, MR-MPAs, shore-based AWACS and ground based radar and survelince stations.

any idea regarding the differences btwn p8i and p8a??

any idea regarding the differences btwn p8i and p8a??

It's been discussed befor in depth buddy. I'll give a quick outline. The differences are in the sensors and onboard hardware. The IN has insisted on certain Indian-origin equipment specifically the IFF (transponder and interrogator), Data link, SATCOM and speech secrecy system.

Additionally the IN insisted on having a MAD (from CAE) and the Rayteon APY-10 surveillance radar which,unlike the P-8A USN version, has air-air search function. The USN's P-8As will be delivered without either.

In short the IN's P-8I is more advanced than the USN's P-8A and this is reflected in the unit price (the I is quite a bit more expensive than the A). But the USN is going for quantity and they will operate 100+ P-8s and the IN is never going to operate anywhere near this number so is going for quality.

It's been discussed befor in depth buddy. I'll give a quick outline. The differences are in the sensors and onboard hardware. The IN has insisted on certain Indian-origin equipment specifically the IFF (transponder and interrogator), Data link, SATCOM and speech secrecy system.

Additionally the IN insisted on having a MAD (from CAE) and the Rayteon APY-10 surveillance radar which,unlike the P-8A USN version, has air-air search function. The USN's P-8As will be delivered without either.

In short the IN's P-8I is more advanced than the USN's P-8A and this is reflected in the unit price (the I is quite a bit more expensive than the A). But the USN is going for quantity and they will operate 100+ P-8s and the IN is never going to operate anywhere near this number so is going for quality.

what about the missiles?

The first pic you posted has the designation "IN 322" meaning it is the 3rd of the IN's P-8Is this corresponds to the "22" written under the window of the cockpit.

The second pic you posted is the 1st of the P-8Is- "IN 320" and this has "20" written under the cockpit window.

1st- "IN 320"
2nd-"IN 321"
3rd- "IN 322"

You'd assume the remaing would be

4th-"IN 323"
5th- "IN 324"
6th- "IN 325"
7th- "IN 326"
8th- "IN 327"

And then any follow-on orders to go from there.

Was thinking same but i was think 22 stands for second and 21 for 1st... Thanks mate

HEHE, First geting 10 P8I, then talk!!!
There are many vessels in indian ocean, not only chinese, they all will tremor, they are afraid of Indian P8I crashing on their vessel.

And, if you want have 10 P8I meanwhile, you'd better order more than 10 P8I, and let them enter into service ASAP, you should know what I mean, hehe!!

Hahahahahahahaha. Moron, ask your submariners who were detected everytime they entered Indian Oceane. We don't even need these aircrafts to kick you chinese navy's @$$ in IOR.

bds_p8i_948x432.jpg

25apr13P8west-4.jpg

P-8I_Boeing_Indian_Navy.jpg

AA-BOEING-773-DELIV-FLIGHT-P8-POSIDON-1024x538.jpg

A few more pics I dug up

Back
Top Bottom