What's new

Naval equipment: Pak lags far behind India

I dont believe in Pakistani websites, they never update it, you are confused with Jiangwei II

The new order is for an improved version of the Jiangwei II (053H3) already on order. These will be called F-22P. China will build three F22Ps, while the other will be built in Pakistan.

The 342 foot long Jiangwei II displaced 2,400 tons, but the F22P is expected to be a little longer, and heavier, perhaps as much as 3,000 tons.

Surface Forces : Eight Chinese Frigates for Pakistan

You dnt believe on official source and believe on article :lol:

Ok leave Pakistani source post any Chinese source

If you dnt have no problem
Ok its bigger that Talwar class ...............happy now

you are the first pakistani member to say GOP website is not reliable:coffee:

did you even rd the post u quoted??

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

You dnt believe on official source and believe on article :lol:

Ok leave Pakistani source post any Chinese source

If you dnt have no problem
Ok its bigger that Talwar class ...............happy now

oh so you finally agreed, good:cheers:

Displacement: Talwar class

Standard: 3,850 tons [1]
Full: 4,035 tons [2]

Mikhailov: the contract on 3 frigates for India to be executed in 2012

You dnt believe on karachi shipyards official website????????????:woot::woot::woot::woot:

Hey buddy this link you provided also states that the talwar class firgate has a full displacement of 3,850 tons. You yourself confirmed that Frankenstein was right when he said that Talwar class frigate has full 3850 tons displacement.

Hey Frankenstein hit him thanks he also confirmed your post about IN frigate.

This is what DRDO's quoted site says:

Full displacement of Project 11356 frigates is up to 3,850 tons; speed is up to 32 knots; endurance is 30 days; crew is 190 (22 commissioned). Armament includes 100-mm gun mount A-190E, mid-range SAM system Shtil-1, two combat modules of Kashtan shipborne antiaircraft missile/gun system, eight Igla MANPADS, two DTA-53-11356 coupled torpedo tubes, RBU-6000 ASW rocket launcher; permanent basing of ASW helicopter is optional.

Hey buddy this link you provided also states that the talwar class firgate has a full displacement of 3,850 tons. You yourself confirmed that Frankenstein was right when he said that Talwar class frigate has full 3850 tons displacement.

Hey Frankenstein hit him thanks he also confirmed your post about IN frigate.

This is what DRDO's quoted site says:

Well after searching i`ll found that about Talwar class different sites shows different displacement and still i am not able to find out any official Indian source

Well after searching i`ll found that about Talwar class different sites shows different displacement and still i am not able to find out any official Indian source

Now u dont believe the makers of the frig?:rofl:

I dont think that will prevent Indian navy from aggressive posturing if India-Pak relations become very tense.

Yes I agree with you they will posture aggression but only inside their own borders just like in the recent past :azn:

in early 1990s, Pakistan Navy ahead. I remember reading an article in The Nation newspaper written by a former admiral of indian navy, admitting this. At the current time, india's surface fleet is larger than ours --as is their tech. advantage. Then again, they have much larger shore lines to guard and worry about whereas we only have the southern sector + Gwadar. Because of threat assesment and priorities, navy has traditionally been given least amount of attention.

things seem to be changing now

as we decomission older vessels and are inducting new naval systems and force multipliers, the gap is narrowing.

it is a defensive naval force; therefore, like the other capable services, it aims to have a minimal credible deterrant against the enemy. Given recent procurement and inductions, i'd say we are doing quite well. The best part is that we are inducting systems of Chinese origin, initial batch is being handed over while subsequent one are being assembled locally --and this is creating jobs for many people and this hands-on experience will only serve to broaden our knowledge & skill-sets and maintain our friendships with strategic all-weather allies. As is also the case with other services, our navy works closely with those of other nations apart from China and U.S. --like Turkiye. Turkiye is a NATO country and has access to the prescribed technology as well. We should continue to work closer with them, in the fields of weapons production, mid life updating and also systems procurement (we acquired MRTP33 fast attack gunboats from them, with the large possibility of acquiring the Milgem class corvettes in near future)

we do lag behind hindustan on naval front, however this lag will not be so large over time....

Pakistan is recognized by the world for its liberal and succesful contribution of peacekeepers to UN. We should expand on that and put more emphasis on maritime security (which were are doing now) as well as anti-piracy. This can bring good name to Pakistan and also open up the doors to future deals and joint ops with other countries.

as for naval carrier, this is a capability not required for Pakistan; and the enemy forces' procurement of a naval carrier wont really pose much threat to Pakistani Nation. From what i've read, it would not have a long enough service life to prove worthy (or justify) the exorbitant and ever-rising costs to procure and update it.

Pakistan should put priority on further development of the naval version of the Babur cruise missile. We also need to develop a sea-launched nuclear cruise missile as the indians are currently developing the Sagarika SLBM (proposed range: 700 km) which could tilt the balance more in their favour. An effective response by Pakistan should be put in place, if it isn't being done already.

Last edited:
their defence budget is 100B$, and the worst part is those commies keep everything secret so no one knows what they are up to :angry:

mercantillist capitalists at their best, and some still call them ''commies''

as for ''worst part'' well for you indians only it is worse. From Pakistan and China perspective --it seems to be working just great. :smokin:

:bunny:

Last edited:
I think Pakistan will only disclose naval version of Babur and Shaheen 3 if india test Agni5 which they clame to fire in early 2011.That is another matter if they succeed or not.lets see

I personally think Pakistan should test them regardless of what that neighbour does; though at the same time it's understood it could send strong 'messages' or create further arms race, which is not always desirable

Sirji even maker shows two different displacement

The length of the ship is 124,8 m., breadth – 15,2 m, full-load displacement – 4,035t, full running speed – 30 knots. The ship’s complement consists of 220 persons.
Shipyard Yantar

This is because of a slight modification to the original design. IN specified additional weapon systems and replacement of light alloys with steel has increased the full displacement to 4035t.

Back
Top Bottom