What's new

Nato ex-commander warns Pakistan on porous border

Pakistan decides to mine border with Afghanistan

Updated at 1600 PST
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tuesday said it has decided to fence and mine parts of its border with Afghanistan, amid allegations of militant infiltration across the border.

"Pakistan army has been tasked to work out modalities of selectively fencing and mining the border," Foreign Secretary Riaz Mohammad Khan told a news conference.

"It will be done selectively," he said.

"These measures will supplement the measures which are already enforced to prevent militant activity from Pakistan inside Afghanistan," the top Pakistani diplomat said.

well see,your govt is moving into stop terror bein exported to Afghanistan.

Well here are some salient facts for the "expert" from OZ :-)lol: )

My friend told me during the first nine months of his posting. His unit was contacted. EVERY patrol. And EVERY time they would inflict casualties upon the attackers. They were poorly equiped (at the time) at the start but now things have improved. It's only in Helmand that there is a major problem. Break them there and it will be peaceable. As for "the Pukhtoon's are busting these pussy *** British and canadian guys right between the butt-cheeks..... ...where it matters."
So far 87 soldiers (Canadian and British) have been killed. So far the Indian army has had 81 suicides this year. So by all accounts the Taleban have done bugger all.

As for the other assertion that they can hit across the border anytime they want well that is crap. They actually stopped at the border several times (to the annoyance of my friend)

So by all accounts you know nothing at all :lol: BTW I think you will love how "friendly" they are in OZ they love brown skins there...........

well see,your govt is moving into stop terror bein exported to Afghanistan.
He also says the modalities have to be worked out. Which means Nato has to pay for the bill. Pakistan has no issues with stopping cross border movement, we just believe its impossible. So if somebody else wants to do the impossible, go ahead, pay for it.

Pakistani Army cant even stop rag-tag Afghans crossing into the border ??

pls don't hit us. If u can't stop the Kashmiries from attacking, then don't take out ur anger on us. :rofl:

Inidan army, second largest in the world, is not able to stop attacks in held Kashmir. Before blaming others u should look at ur own army.:lol:

We take terrorist into kashmir very seriously and definitly give them more credit than some afghani's in your boder. Thankfully Mushraff understands our seriousness.

That picture illustrates Punjabi Sikh policemen engaging sikh youth. Your picture is just for flamebaiting. Didnt know Thunderakka was from Punjab in India...lol

We take terrorist into kashmir very seriously and definitly give them more credit than some afghani's in your boder.

Yeah right! Indian soldiers do take it seriously by taking their anger out on one of their own. (see picture above).:lol:

Yeah right! Indian soldiers do take it seriously by taking their anger out on one of their own. (see picture above).:lol:

Exploits of our soldiers and what we have done to your country is very well known. I am pretty sure you dont want me to post those images. I hate PDF and BR, please dont make this board so..

Pakistan decides to mine border with Afghanistan

Updated at 1600 PST
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tuesday said it has decided to fence and mine parts of its border with Afghanistan, amid allegations of militant infiltration across the border.

"Pakistan army has been tasked to work out modalities of selectively fencing and mining the border," Foreign Secretary Riaz Mohammad Khan told a news conference.

"It will be done selectively," he said.

"These measures will supplement the measures which are already enforced to prevent militant activity from Pakistan inside Afghanistan," the top Pakistani diplomat said.

Pakistan always wanted to fence the border, but it has been opposed by even the Americans. Any educated guesses why?:coffee:

Hot pursuit is that what u r suggesting, but isnt it better for them to fence it, or do u imagine the US attacking Pakistani soil after the government goes against them

Hot pursuit is that what u r suggesting, but isnt it better for them to fence it, or do u imagine the US attacking Pakistani soil after the government goes against them

Nice try, but wrong on both accounts.

By fencing the border the Durand Line will become the de facto border, which Afghan government doesn’t stand for. Why do you think Musharaf had been offering it for years and Afghans had been rejecting it?

Exploits of our soldiers and what we have done to your country is very well known. .

Don't change the topic and just focus on the picture above. If Indian soldiers hit one of their own, then the victims r gonna collaborate with the Kashmiries.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom