What's new

Nations that were never conquered, occupied, governed by foreign powers

Japan ruled by Mongol and...

China was ruled by Mongol also.
Japan has never been ruled by Mongol. It was saved twice by "divine intervention" ! ;)

I am guessing ''It was never subdued'' is a more accurate statement, against all the foreign conquests resistance and rebellion has been a constant throughout history.....
Afghanistan or part of it was ruled by Indians, Persians, Greek, Arab, Mongols, Kushan, Turks, Russian, English, Americans to name a few.

There have always been resistance against any invasion in any culture, Afghans are not exception.

Last edited:
Japan has never been ruled by Mongol. It was saved twice by "divine intervention" ! ;)

Afghanistan or part of it was ruled by Indians, Persians, Greek, Arab, Mongols, Kushan, Turks, Russian, English, Americans to name a few.

There have always been resistance against any invasion in any culture, Afghans are not exception.

again I beg to differ mate, and I come with a source
Afghanistan: Most invaded, yet unconquerable - Times Of India

It may have been conquered but not subdued

Please allow me to ask this question:

Just what is a "country" to be defined as, for purposes of this discussion?
Nation - A group of people with a common bond, such as language, religion, history, or even genetic.

State - A group of people that exercise, not just moral, but legal authority over a larger group of people. Also called 'government'.

Country - A geographical region, such as the Americas, or Europe, or Africa, that contains many politically distinct entities that were partitioned by many groups under many governments and that these governments generally respect these partitions.

Only Afghanistan and Mongolia are two countries never ruled by outsiders and they have a history to fight and defend their country each and every time. In Afghanistan case they always give passage to invader to capture their land and they fight like a slow poison and eat the whole nation and that is why Afghanistan is called graveyard of All superpower.

What's the difference? If so look at things than Russia was never subdued too.
Afghanistan is occupied even here now. There rules a puppet was put by occupiers.

never was a foreign will imposed upon them, forcefully as is evident now like it was in days of the past, I am not saying this due to some sense of ethnic pride or something but just because I have heard this and read this point over and over again when studying my culture ( I read only relatively neutral literature), the only time a foreign ideology was imposed was the introduction of Islam, that too was done through missionaries and not force hence my point stays reinforced.....Peace

never was a foreign will imposed upon them, forcefully as is evident now like it was in days of the past, I am not saying this due to some sense of ethnic pride or something but just because I have heard this and read this point over and over again when studying my culture ( I read only relatively neutral literature), the only time a foreign ideology was imposed was the introduction of Islam, that too was done through missionaries and not force hence my point stays reinforced.....Peace
Afghanistan - occupied right now. U.S. and its vassals occupied the country. Destroyed agriculture, forced the Afghans to grow opium. Kill everybody, when and where they want. If this is not the occupation - then I do not know what else to call the occupation.

how do you explain the use of farsi ( dari as it is called in afghanistan ) instead of pashto if as you say a foreign will was never imposed on afghanistan ?

Afghanistan - occupied right now. U.S. and its vassals occupied the country. Destroyed agriculture, forced the Afghans to grow opium. Kill everybody, when and where they want. If this is not the occupation - then I do not know what else to call the occupation.

and I ask you is it being occupied without resistance, resistance to foreign rule and subjugation is what I am refering to, plz refer to my older posts....

how do you explain the use of farsi ( dari as it is called in afghanistan ) instead of pashto if as you say a foreign will was never imposed on afghanistan ?

Farsi may or may not have been implemented by a foreign force, or may have been adapted by default, language as you must know typically has limited areas in which it is spoken and is bound to change, give me conclusive proof to when the Afghans were subjugated and sat on their *** doing nothing but complying with the conquerors.....I have given a well reputed article in one of my previous posts and the internet is riddled with such.....

and I ask you is it being occupied without resistance, resistance to foreign rule and subjugation is what I am refering to, plz refer to my older posts....
I understand what you mean. But we are not discussing in this thread is whether the country resisted occupation, but whether it was occupied at all.

usa was ruled by brits

I view the US history recently to discover

US was occupied by Native Indian Tribes
Spanish from West Coast / Mexico side (During time Britain Occupied Sub Continent)
East side they were occupied by Immigrants from Wales , Ireland , England etc
Chinese and Russians were also present in pre US days
French were also present as always

The group we know call US was the one that started off from East USA and fought civil wars and then it gradually expanded to west taking land from Native Indians and purchasing land from Mexicans

Later on , British forces supported what later became Canada vs Americans who owned much of Southern zones

Russia / China have enjoyed long periods of time , with stable local governments. In fact Chinese remember 4000 years of history under their own rulers

One of the key components that made Russia unpenetrable was/is their harsh weather in winter time which forced many external forces to give up

Last edited:
@al-Hasani

Lets continue our discussion in this thread since it's related to ours.

So I guess that you don't support equal rights for Turkic minorities across the world by that logic? You want Russia to ban Tatar

Russia's federal system is far different from ours.

language for instance and abolish the autonomous region of Tatarstan?

Nope

You don't have to be a federation to recognize more than 1 language…..

True, but it is going to be troublesome if it's not a federation, We don't want that.

So you are denying the fact that the Ottoman empire was multiethnic and a Islamic empire but rather that they were a nationalistic

Turkish (no Turkey back then) empire? Why were over half of the Turkish words in 1923 then Arabic and why did the Sultan use the

title Caliph then? Which is more important than that of Sultan. Both titles are Arabic titles.

First of all please don't decleare your assumptions as facts, that is not right thig to do.

Yes at the Ottoman's there were no Turkey. Turkey is the predecessor of Ottomans.

Why were over half of the language was Arabic... It was Arabic in palace. Among high class citizens who had access to Medreses. Turkish was still being used in the most of the country.

An indeed Turkish Rules used Sultan, as we have choosen Islam for our religion and reign over vast Arab lands. But Turkish Rules never abolished suffic of "Khan" stay loyal to their Turkish identitiy.

You can hear word Khan in 0:10

They were but what has that to do with the fact that Turkey as a country is 90 years old?

All of them are Turkish states.

Does not change the fact that the local rulers had their own local authority and ruled as rulers. They only pledged alliance to the Caliph who in return promised them protection. People were not Turkified anywhere in the non-Turkish areas of the Ottoman

Local Rulers had given power by Ottoman Ruler in exchange for their sovereignty. And yes they couldn't be Turkified because we lacked the necessary population to do it.

Turkish should be the nationality and Turkish should be the language. But I don't see how giving Kurds some of the rights theydemand (some are probably more right than others) and allowing them to speak their mother language equals = them forming a new country?
Was it not a crime to speak Kurdish officially (in the public) in Turkey for a very long time? Help me out here. Some Kurds onthis forum have talked about that a lot and some other laws. You agree with such a harsh thing?

They can speak Kurdish nobody is opressing them.

kurtce-tabela.jpg

bdpdiyadin2.jpg

But official language of the Turkey will remain Turkish.

That is far from being correct. First 90% of the territory of the Ottoman empire was conquered by others. Once it was Ottoman (inyour eyes "Turkic" areas). Today it is not. So one can easily say that land that was once ruled by you has been severely conquered.

Ottoman empire never been conquered only it's territories partially invaded. We didn't lose sovereignty or Ruled by any other nation.

If you say that ME is not your original homeland (I don't see you claiming Anatolian ancestry but only Turkic) then we can also

say that all of the original Turkic lands in Central Asia have been severely conquered by outsiders and still are to this very day. No need to explain further about that.

If you say that what is now Turkey has never been conquered by outsiders then I can remind you of centuries of Arab, Roman, Greek

etc. rule.
If you mention that you are not a Turk from Kazakhstan etc. (which has been Russian territory for a very long time) but a Oghuz Turk (would mean your original homeland is Turkmenistan) then one can quickly say that the very same Turkmenistan was part of Russian empires for over 150 years and that Russian culture has left a great marker in Turkmenistan and that the two other Turkic nations of the former USSR (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan). Many have even become totally Russified in a matter of 150 years.

So operating with words like never conquered or greatest this and that does not work with ANY people from the ME. This region is

simply too old and have been to valuable for one single power and people to rule for thousands of straight years without suffering

humiliating defeats etc.

Maybe that game would have worked in Australia for the aboriginals had the West not discovered it 250 years ago.

I am not trying to be disrespectful but let us stick to the realities and leave the blind nationalism at home where most fall for

such games. Some Arabs also suffer from the same syndrome.

We are Oghuz Turks from Central asia. While were in Central Asia we were never ruled by any other foreign nations.

In 1071 with the victory of Mankeziert Oghuz Turks entered the Anatolia and Anatolia had been our homeland since then. And since than again we Turks never ruled by any other nation.,

Don't confuse the Term Turk with Turkic. Turk refers to us, Turkish people. While Turkic refers to many others. Other Turkic nations have been ruled by other foreign nations but not us.

Lastly I still don't understand how recognizing a simple language as a MINORITY language of people that nearly make up 25% of your ENTIRE population (according to many sources) is such a big crime when other countries (Russia for instance) has recognized a much smaller minority and their language such as the Tatars. Even given them full autonomy and allowed them to form their own regional government etc.

I explained this before.

You can't tell me with a straight face that you are not happy and thankful to Russia for doing that when they could easily have continued to deport Tatars to Siberia/Kazakhstan and oppressed them like they oppressed the Crimean Tatars for instance. Or mass- murdered them as they also did….

We didn't mass deport Kurds or we didn't mass-murdered them either. It's wrong to liken Turkey's case with Russian's.

by sayin Turkey, i didn't only mean the current Republic. Simply the Turks were never conquered by any nation. ;)

what about russia? soviet union?

Last edited:
yaar wo kachy khaty hain :cry: i tried once per wo lagta hai jesy fry nhi kiye thy :eek:
bhai saahab mazaak udaaney se pehley ye to jaan le kiss baat par mazaaq udaa rahey hain......
momos are not kachchey....they are steamed , so they look kachhchey....baahar maida aur andar veg/non veg filling......took delhi by storm

bhai saahab mazaak udaaney se pehley ye to jaan le kiss baat par mazaaq udaa rahey hain......
momos are not kachchey....they are steamed , so they look kachhchey....baahar maida aur andar veg/non veg filling......took delhi by storm
per hamary samoosy to red deep fry hoty hain hahahahaa or main mazak nhi ura raha yaar . sorry if its hurt you

Back
Top Bottom