What's new

NAT GEO SPECIALS -AFGHAN STAR

Let me explain my post #6

She had to leave the country
:hitwall: banging my head on this part

now she resides in pakistan i hope she will be safe there:undecided:.
Guys you have your share of lunatics :taz:we have ours.If terrorist can attack america than i dont think pakistan india are safe for them.i would have said the same thing if she was in india.

while europe is getting more open-minded and tolerant on nudity and women are fighting for being topfree in america here we are :hitwall: ............

Mod edit: Illogical statement removed
............ threatning to kill coz she removed her scarf.

:tongue: What i forgot to mention is that other than dancing she removed her scarf too. I am not implying that women should be nude and topfree but trying to present a picture of womens freedom in western countries.

Last edited:
so are you trying to imply that just because you don't believe in religion everyone else shouldn't believe?
No but the thing is that People are usually born into the religion of their family and ancestors.A child cant voluntarily choose a religion it is imposed on him and by the time he is an adult his free thinking is hindered by religion.Opinions should be formed on the basis of science, logic, and reason, and should not be influenced by religious beliefs.All i am saying is fair chance should be given to freethinking as well.

Talibani instinct? So your saying i'm Taliban because i disagree with this sick indecency? So in that case all of the members on this Forum are Taliban's because they wouldn't want their mother or sister to be TOPFREE or NUDE? Am i right?

i don't think any sane person would want their mother or sister to go out TOPFREE or NUDE! or would you?

Who are you to decide what your mother,sister or any other women should do:angry: did you even ask them about their views.And what is the big deal about breasts anyway?In Europe women are able to sunbath topless on many beaches and in some parks and there is a good number of nude beaches too. Seeing bare breasts in those places is no big deal to those people because the non-sexual atmosphere on beaches soon makes breasts to be "nothing special".
Leave europe even in many african tribes women are allowed to be topfree they dont have a problem in it.
Look brother i am not saying that women should go out naked, all i want to say is that if on one hand i have talibani morals and one one hand european freedom(or african) then ill choose european freedom.

sheza or khaza?:blink:

i think different areas say it differently. i can say the difference in dialet and accent. there is also a difference in dialect and accent of pashtoo in pakistan and afganistan.

Which validates my point that people in Afghanistan are still influenced by old Tribal customs. I've seen a lot of Afghans in America, i had Afghan friends and they were educated but they didn't imprison their female relatives however the women did cover themselves and dressed modestly!

Its the same in some rural parts of Pakistan, especially in the Tribal areas!

Well, majority of Afghanistan dont have tribal system, but attitude against women is highly depressing, although it again varies from region to region. there is also difference between cities and rural areas. Even if you look at those people who have gone to west you can see a difference of attitude to women and men. the boys can go out, hang around with friends, go to clubs, discos etc, but parents only tell them not to do and thats it, but if their girls dont obey the father, she even gets killed in extreme cases, this is double standard.

I saw the documentary on TV about a month back. It was really full of insight into the contemporary society and the condition of women in Afghanistan. What was amazing for me were the shots of Kabul in 1970s - Women wearing skirts to college, Boys and girls chatting away on campuses and even Afghan rock bands complete with Jagger-esque hair styles! For me, I guess like for many outsiders, that Afghanistan seemed centuries ago.

Well this issue seems more relevent to social changes and social development. Deviation from an existing social structure is hard taske, be it from conservative to liberal or vice versa. Going against social norms which are mixed with religion, face resistance. And this the fine example which we cant grasp and impose our own way of life and denounce other. With the increased education to both sex, there can be significant change in social structure and cultural patterens through time.

Afghanistan's women had problems in the past just like the neigbouring countries, but it wasnt as bad as it is now. 35 years ago and even i can say 20 years ago, and before the country fell to the culture and hands of extremism, things were alot better for women compare to now.

I saw the documentary on TV about a month back. It was really full of insight into the contemporary society and the condition of women in Afghanistan. What was amazing for me were the shots of Kabul in 1970s - Women wearing skirts to college, Boys and girls chatting away on campuses and even Afghan rock bands complete with Jagger-esque hair styles! For me, I guess like for many outsiders, that Afghanistan seemed centuries ago.

:wave: That's is what astonished me too:agree:. Hurts to see what extremists have done:frown:.wondering what those band members might be feeling like today.

Back
Top Bottom