What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a half bong who hates, my mallu friend is the absolute best footballer I've known, another south Indian girl (who was also "fair" in complexion) was an amazing friend and basketball player at school. Its bunkum in today's world to run by stereotypes.

I also happen to be half bihari, now try and see how many stereotypes one can apply to me babua!

@Dillinger You son of a!

As an Indian I feel so iadequate in my achievements when compared to those guys.

How could you? :'(

Football!

Football is more popular than Cricket in kerala believe it or not, Nearly all my malayalee friends in New Zealand played for their respective high school teams. I was a Central defensive midfielder.

Not to be outdone, North Indians get stereotyped the other way a lot too.

@Dillinger. Is your Intellectual Bong side battling with your Thuggish side for supremacy

Like the Hulk?
Are you sure that Biharis are just thuggish and nothing else?o_O

Are you sure that Biharis are just thuggish and nothing else?o_O

The progenitors of intellectual tradition? Nalanda University? Maurya and Magadha Empires?

Your state is what is invoked by every indian wanting to feel proud LOL.

At least empathise with me, Kerala was under the shadow of Tamil Nadu for a long time. We don't have famous historical events to talk about.

The progenitors of intellectual tradition? Nalanda University? Maurya and Magadha Empires?

Your state is what is invoked by every indian wanting to feel proud LOL.

At least empathise with me, Kerala was under the shadow of Tamil Nadu for a long time. We don't have famous historical events to talk about.
I don't run by what happened in the past. Empires rise and fall, its just that as a people we never get altered come hell, high water or conquers- although that's not always a good thing. Magadh was the heart of greatness, but it was built on blood- Ashoka didn't just brutalize Kalinga, his earlier edicts are rife with putting down people from present day FATA to the NE.

I watched Pranav Mistry's video two years ago.Then a idea popped up in my head.How about putting the camera and the projector as a package in our glasses.I discussed it with my high school teachers too.This year google glass came out which is partially what I wanted back then.Now we need a micro projector roughly the size of the camera used in the google glass.I think this two things can be merged.Also we can use the google glass if the gesture thingy can be implemented there.Plus another big leap would be using EEG to use thought instead of handmotion to interact with the virtual world.4 years ago I had to undergo EEG and the way it could read my brain waves was amazing.The doctor knew every single move I made without even looking at me just from my brain waves in his computer screen.I knew EEG could be used to transfer thought to computer commands to do amazing stuff.A year later a Japanese inventor made the first robot controlled by EEG....Have a lot of ideas...no way to test them out...I hate my life!

@Dillinger hush, the Hindu nationalists won't lie that. Only Muslims oppressed us remeber? before that, India was a Utopia.

When you hear arguments on the Internet, there are some things that have a clear pattern.

The lower castes are told to stop whining and quit asking for reservations, but when it suits their agenda, they can invoke the past like the 1000 year Muslim rule.

The latest I have found is the rosying up of the caste system. That things were not that bad, that it was due to the foreign ideas that caste system became rigid. Or they start becoming intellectual contortion artistry by engaging in a amazing display of whataboutery.

I am not saying the lower caste politicans use the issue to gather votes, they do, but I feel nothing wrong in acknowledging the fact that Indian history has had a lot of deep, dark secrets that probably were not documented.

Reactions: SQ8
Sharing hugs or Malai Tikkas.. Girl friends are of a fairly different category.. As other sensibilities(such as having a romance split across an international border) arent always smooth. Moreover, if the incident(You did not hear it from me and I am only making up stories) of a son of one of our AVM's having a young love situation across the border is taken.. such relations aren't approved by our sleuths as well. But then, better sense should have prevailed for the AVM's son(never happened, I'm lying) knowing his fathers employment "perks"...

I am rather content sharing hugs,variations of moong daal(that not everyone could crack),long discourses on whether the Kerala Vada or the Dahi Bada is the true root, competitive cricket and lewd descriptions of women spawned in the halls of St Stephens or BMS Bangalore among all the things. The Frenemy we are is an example unmatched.. but somehow I regret trusting a certain miss Gharge in her promise of never revealing the video but never deleting it(till last inquired for) of me and a certain portugese girl doing absolutely nothing(just in case Butt sb @Armstrong is upset that this happened during the time he had a bhabhi from pind.. no it happened a while after it and nevermind) at a foam party. Although the trust issue may not be because she is indian but simply because she is a devious ..devious woman.

yet.. love has no boundaries now? does it?

Could there be a beloved greater than the Motherland ? :)

@Dillinger hush, the Hindu nationalists won't lie that. Only Muslims oppressed us remeber? before that, India was a Utopia.

When you hear arguments on the Internet, there are some things that have a clear pattern.

The lower castes are told to stop whining and quit asking for reservations, but when it suits their agenda, they can invoke the past like the 1000 year Muslim rule.

The latest I have found is the rosying up of the caste system. That things were not that bad, that it was due to the foreign ideas that caste system became rigid. Or they start becoming intellectual contortion artistry by engaging in a amazing display of whataboutery.

I am not saying the lower caste politicans use the issue to gather votes, they do, but I feel nothing wrong in acknowledging the fact that Indian history has had a lot of deep, dark secrets that probably were not documented.
Rather hilarious, the 500 years of "Muslamic rule" they hate so much had much to do with blithering fools obsessing about caste. Technically, the varna system indeed was not AS heinous as what the caste system evolved into (out of the Varna system itself) during the early post BC years but it was still discriminatory albeit it was not the congealed system that it became. We are perhaps the one region where even Muslims and Christian communities end up adhering to biradri and caste bias even after hundreds of years post conversion.

Rather hilarious, the 500 years of "Muslamic rule" they hate so much had much to do with blithering fools obsessing about caste. Technically, the varna system indeed was not AS heinous as what the caste system evolved into (out of the Varna system itself) during the early post BC years but it was still discriminatory albeit it was not the congealed system that it became. We are perhaps the one region where even Muslims and Christian communities end up adhering to biradri and caste bias even after hundreds of years post conversion.

Even Sikhs as well.

You have Punjabi songs extolling the virtues of being a Jatt.

here is a video

watch from 7:00 onwards.

Even Sikhs as well.

You have Punjabi songs extolling the virtues of being a Jatt.

here is a video

watch from 7:00 onwards.

Get used to it, but then we always have Sachin to unite us or a Dhoni perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom