What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jaibi that was a brilliant post.

I shall have to read it again and then perhaps a second time, collate some data on my own- with more time at hand to provide a proper reply. I would have appreciated it if fellow bean counter @Armstrong would cease and desist with his obsession with comparing people to bovids and chip in. AND @Hyperion, who may spare some time from his romantic and flirtatious pursuits to chip in too.

Keep at it despite those who'll try to pass it off as unsubstantiated.

You know I stumbled on PDF by researching similar things, I really believe we can do something here like India's official journal 'Strategic Studies' that is read by policy maker we could use PDF as an appropriate vehicle to launch this data into the intelligentsia. With the exception of Shuja Nawaz and a handful of others there is not much research done on terrorism by indigenous authors. We can make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I stumbled on PDF by researching similar things, I really believe we can do something here like India's official journal 'Strategic Studies' that is read by policy maker we could use PDF as an appropriate vehicle to launch this data into the intelligentsia. With the exception of Shuja Nawaz and a handful of others there is not much research done on terrorism by indigenous authors. We can make a difference.

am sure pakistan will have some prestigious think tanks.. not the television variety but those who do research

am sure pakistan will have some prestigious think tanks.. not the television variety but those who do research

There's a Peace Studies institution but it publishes studies focused on peace initiatives and issues causing violence. Then there is an institution for resaerch on FATA but again it focuses on FATA. There is not a jjournal or think tank that focues on wider strategic assimilations free of political and theoretical groundings to allow for a more iterative research.

I'm 23, from Lahore just recently completed my B.Sc honours with Psychology as major and Philosophy and Sociology as minors. My interests are History, Culture and Social Construction of Gender and Media (my thesis is on movies :D), I love, love, love, Military Psychology and indigenous prespectives (locals showing whities who's boss!). I love video games

Mil Psych- then you've read David Grossman's work?

There's a Peace Studies institution but it publishes studies focused on peace initiatives and issues causing violence. Then there is an institution for resaerch on FATA but again it focuses on FATA. There is not a jjournal or think tank that focues on wider strategic assimilations free of political and theoretical groundings to allow for a more iterative research.

Forgive me for this- I cannot resist.

But you do have Zaid Hamid and Pakistan ka khuda hafiz. :omghaha:

You cannot imagine how many times I have wished that Zaid would get up on that white horse and start the "invasion".:)

Mil Psych- then you've read David Grossman's work?

Yes, I have read him but there are a few things on which I disagreed with him, I wrote a small critique a while ago. The best studies that I have read though are of the WW II era PSY-OPS.

@Dillinger plan out PDF get together in Delhi or Gurgaon in November???

I'll be hip deep in audits by then so shall have to see. But yes we shall have a meet if not in November then later as the time may suit you and others.:agree:

Forgive me for this- I cannot resist.

But you do have Zaid Hamid and Pakistan ka khuda hafiz. :omghaha:

You cannot imagine how many times I have wished that Zaid would get up on that white horse and start the "invasion".:)

Haha yes, a while back during Hamid's hayday I got a request from his Brasstracks and this site called grand strategy or something to write for them but they wanted it extremely religious and frankly idiotic so I got turned away

I'll be hip deep in audits by then so shall have to see. But yes we shall have a meet if not in November then later as the time may suit you and others.:agree:

I'm OK with it, just do let me know. I and my friends will Pop-in :hang2: :girl_wacko:

By the way how's about a little introduction for me?

@Hyperion I have decided that people like you, @Secur. @Armstrong, @Oscar, @jaibi and @Aeronaut need to be killed. Saara ka saara plan bigad sakte ho, itni salaahiyat to hai tum jaise logon me.:butcher:

By the way how's about a little introduction for me?

Bean counter, glorified Munshi. CA. I'm 22 and a proper rogue (like my brother Hype here).

All knowing and ever wise, also known as the Dilli Baba.

Khush tabah aur pasandida banda- ALWAYS!!

It looks like Naswarville have become Dillinger land - should we expect change in regime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom