What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hyperion Got confirmation on something, it was a "near" 2nd gen SCB which I had posted- the person I asked was very sketchy on the details, didn't care to reveal much. He did clarify some of the issues we have and linked them to the current engine issues, firstly the need to progress from transonic blades to supersonic blade speed regime, wide chord blade design, multi-circular arc profile compressor blades, increasing TeT to 1700 degrees- he didn't elucidate but stated what was required for the aforementioned- blisk manufacturing, Electro-Chemical machining, Linear friction welding, higher thermal loading metallurgy, High speed milling and something to do with Rhenium. Stated that quite a bit was already there, quite a few pieces still missing- optimistic time frame 7-8 years- not so optimistic 12-14.

Last edited by a moderator:
My unbiased estimate? 20 - 25 years..... you guys are where the Chinese were 1.5 decade ago...... no worries you'll get there.........

The bolded part has nothing to do with manufacture... those are design related issues....... think of all that as step zero.......

And the last part is mostly mumbo jumbo...... he knows very well what is missing....... but doesn't want to point it out........

Furthermore.... do remember that it may require 40% cutting edge knowledge, however, the major component in this particular venture is someone HAS TO SHOW YOU how to do it....... trust me on this one......... as I said earlier, multiply the complexity of GSLV 50 folds....

@Hyperion Got confirmation on something, it was a "near" 2nd gen SCB which I had posted- the person I asked was very sketchy on the details, didn't care to reveal much. He did clarify some of the issues we have and linked them to the current engine issues, firstly the need to progress from transonic blades to supersonic blade speed regime, wide chord blade design, **** he is just showing off*****multi-circular arc profile compressor blades, increasing TeT to 1700 degrees-***not even close*** he didn't elucidate but stated what was required for the aforementioned- blisk manufacturing, Electro-Chemical machining, Linear friction welding, higher thermal loading metallurgy***hmmmmm*****, High speed milling and something to do with Rhenium ***all nickle alloys basically need them (actually not "need them" but for certain processes)... as I stated earlier...... however...... hpje require another "magical mix of ******. Stated that quite a bit was already there, quite a few pieces still missing- optimistic time frame 7-8 years- not so optimistic 12-14.

My unbiased estimate? 20 - 25 years..... you guys are where the Chinese were 1.5 decade ago...... no worries you'll get there.........

The bolded part has nothing to do with manufacture... those are design related issues....... think of all that as step zero.......

And the last part is mostly mumbo jumbo...... he knows very well what is missing....... but doesn't want to point it out........

Furthermore.... do remember that it may require 40% cutting edge knowledge, however, the major component in this particular venture is someone HAS TO SHOW YOU how to do it....... trust me on this one......... as I said earlier, multiply the complexity of GSLV 50 folds....

Possible. The increase in TeT and the blade issue was not related to the SCB manufacturing (as in these are not the requirements for SCBs rather the SCB- along with many other things are required to achieve these things) but to the engine itself for which we need SCBs and other stuff- that's what he meant.

Possibly....... .... btw, what's up with the GSLV..... did they come up with a new date????

Possible. The increase in TeT and the blade issue was not related to the SCB manufacturing (as in these are not the requirements for SCBs rather the SCB- along with many other things are required to achieve these things) but to the engine itself for which we need SCBs and other stuff- that's what he meant.

Possibly....... .... btw, what's up with the GSLV..... did they come up with a new date????

Worse luck, leak in the 2nd stage- good luck- we caught it. Do not want one of those going down and falling on the heads of people 96 style with our friends up north. probably next month. Fuel drained, to be moved back and then prepped for launch. A real month of hits and misses.

I'm really looking forward to that launch........ fingers crossed...... it's like Star Trek........ :pop:

Worse luck, leak in the 2nd stage- good luck- we caught it. Do not want one of those going down and falling on the heads of people 96 style with our friends up north. probably next month. Fuel drained, to be moved back and then prepped for launch. A real month of hits and misses.

@Hyperion Oye waise all AEW&C operate in the S band right- never figured that out, why not the X band like all air craft FCRs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom