What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lolzz...Nope I ONLY work on production of food...

Yeah & ? Can't you produce a super-human chewable challiii (corn cob) for Zaidi to munch on & have the strength of a gorilla, the speed of a rattle snake & the defensive mechanism of a skunk ? :D

The Country Needs you Woman ! :angry:

Stop creating artificially engineered burger patties for McDonalds ! :hitwall:

Genetic modification of crops?

GOOD GOD! No!!! So far all those GM have some sort of flaw!

I dont modify them but I use natural methods through selective breeding to enhance certain traits and this is conventional method, I quicken it by knowing which plant HAS the gene with the required trait and then breed it with others which also have...It just quickens the process instead of waiting for the plant to grow big and later finding out it DOESNT even have the trait...

On top of that I study the genetics of some traits...Like flowering time, nutrient content...THIS way which plant has more of a certain trait is selected and bred with other selected plants...

Yeah & ? Can't you produce a super-human chewable challiii (corn cob) for Zaidi to munch on & have the strength of a gorilla, the speed of a rattle snake & the defensive mechanism of a skunk ? :D

The Country Needs you Woman ! :angry:

Stop creating artificially engineered burger patties for McDonalds ! :hitwall:

I dont work on animals!

BRB...gotta go check the lab..

Yaar I work on plant traits which are useful in food industry...Like nutritional stuff, height, yield, colour and so on...

Whichever is good for consumer or is easily sold or has advantages over others...well, I check for these ADVANTAGES and based on these research, breeders breed samples which are likely to produce the trait of interest....

That is how you get healthy barley of UK, aromatic rice, high yielding corn of USA and so on...

So what exactly have you created up till now ?

I am not a creator...Am not at that level yet...

I have worked on healthy barley for UK and disease resistant wheat for UK...

Yaar I work on plant traits which are useful in food industry...Like nutritional stuff, height, yield, colour and so on...

Whichever is good for consumer or is easily sold or has advantages over others...well, I check for these ADVANTAGES and based on these research, breeders breed samples which are likely to produce the trait of interest....

That is how you get healthy barley of UK, aromatic rice, high yielding corn of USA and so on...

I am not a creator...Am not at that level yet...

I have worked on healthy barley for UK and disease resistant wheat for UK...

So do you mean to tell me that those Kellog's Cornflakes or some of the other packed & sealed brands might actually have the 'wholesome goodness' inside them as they claim on the outside ? I thought they were actually bad for health & that as a general rule most things processed should be avoided in favor of organic or unprocessed stuff (e.g whole-wheat flour).

So do you mean to tell me that those Kellog's Cornflakes or some of the other packed & sealed brands might actually have the 'wholesome goodness' inside them as they claim on the outside ? I thought they were actually bad for health & that as a general rule most things processed should be avoided in favor of organic or unprocessed stuff (e.g whole-wheat flour).

Well, My job relates getting good raw products (plant material) making sure its genome actually has the health benefits....A FOOD SCIENTIST processes the stuff...Now after processing....I am not sure if there is still any health benefit...But I doubt it is 100% healthy nor can it be THAT bad...But yes as a general rule processed goods are worse than organic stuff..

Good raw material also includes high yield (which includes flowering time, height and other aspects), disease resistant and health benefits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom