What's new

Najam Sethi, this guy talks sense.

I would love to have Najam Sethi and Zaid Hamid on the same show. It will really be funny to watch.

I am ready to pay as much as they want , but please put these guys together in one show and give them the topic INDIA .

i dont say,his facts are always correct.but this guy has sense.
imran khan followers hate him coz najam says and talks abt his experience and even on success in pakistan.he is right here,by talking,no body can be a leader.cricket is something else and politics is something else.
and even he become president or prime minister,can he deliver better??not at all.
cabinet is run by a lot of ministers from different parties,not by single person.
example is even mms cant run country according to his own wish and where imran khan stands.....

I am ready to pay as much as they want , but please put these guys together in one show and give them the topic INDIA .

Me, too.. I would put my money for it..
Only problem is...Najam sethi is slow speaker..and Zaid...DAMNNNNNNNN:woot:

He wont give a CHANCE

To an indian he and A. Rashid, P. Hoodbhoy and F. Taj all talk sense and will continue to do so until the point they show a little level-headedness towards Pakistan.

Not just the Indians,it all over the world,any conference you"ll see A.Rashid or Tariq Ali will be invited.

For what news debates people like Zaid Hamid are invited? Press Tv, Aljazeera.

Not just the Indians,it all over the world,any conference you"ll see A.Rashid or Tariq Ali will be invited.

they invite those people who speak their language

That's a little too simplistic a point. Obviously they'll be invited because their views go along with those who invite them, i.e. the views of the west. West is currently the predominant society, so these conferences will probably be hosted and/or influenced heavily by them.

That's a little too simplistic a point. Obviously they'll be invited because their views go along with those who invite them, i.e. the views of the west. West is currently the predominant society, so these conferences will probably be hosted and/or influenced heavily by them.

By general people go for the brand value, like education from Oxford,MIT,Cambridge etc.

I'm one among them.

Admitting that its difficult to see whether they are being overly introspective or critical,compared to Zaid Hamid or Hamid Gul they certainly seem to have a better understanding of the region,from an academic point of view.

I think Najam Sethi provides very good analysis on issues. I watch his show on GEO regularly. If more journalist were as calm and composed on issues in pakistan. Making policy in this country would be a lot easier.

I am not saying Sethi is right always, or Zaid is wrong.
Just that I like the approach of cool headed analysis, with proper proof and logic, not conspiracy theories.
Zaid is more of a demagogue fit to be a politician. Sethi is journalist.

How about inviting neutral commentators including Arundhahti Roy on Topic INDIA

By general people go for the brand value, like education from Oxford,MIT,Cambridge etc.

I'm one among them.

Admitting that its difficult to see whether they are being overly introspective or critical,compared to Zaid Hamid or Hamid Gul they certainly seem to have a better understanding of the region,from an academic point of view.

The issue with these liberal western-viewpoint journalists is what they see in public is what they believe. Anything suggestion of anything happening behind the scenes or covertly is branded a conspiracy theory on sight. Look at the case of Raymond Davis - people were actually suggesting initially that calling him a CIA agent is a conspiracy theory. Now it seems that he (and by extension the CIA) has links with extremist groups who target Pakistan. That was (and still to an extent, but less now) called a conspiracy theory.

We know how crazy the world of spying and covert operations is, and people such as Zahid Hamid and Hamid Gul have sources in such places. I'll give you that most people probably won't believe them, which is fair enough, but here we're looking to get at the truth, and if you believe that everything that is being shown in public is what is happening, invariably you'll get tricked sooner or later. Zahid Hamid and Hamid Gul are not the best examples of these actually because they are nutcases, but people such as Ahmed Rashid, Nadeem Paracha, etc are the polar opposites in that they're not much better. Ahmed Rashid is actually one journalist who people might think talks sense, but when you follow him for years you begin to see how much crap he has spoken over the years. I've followed him for over half a decade now, and all I see from him is doomsday prediction for Pakistan since day 1. And I am not even exaggerating this one bit.

I look for journalists who are somewhere in between. Obviously I being a patriotic Pakistan would like seeing journalists who are slightly more tilted toward the Hamid Gul/Zaid Hamid side (but not too extremely tilted as these two guys are).

But I'll say this much. Obviously what one considers 'speaking sense' and 'better understanding' in this particular case is relative to their beliefs. We know that the western world beliefs dominate this world. What is really a conspiracy theory (and a popular one) in the west is not called a conspiracy theory until you look deep into it. For instance, the whole show of Iraq having WMDs was no doubt a conspiracy theory. But it wasn't called such? Why not? The reason is because it was said by western nations, and was a quite popular sentiment in the western public as well. When western nations say something, it generally doesn't get considered a conspiracy theory, because their voices are so big and vast, and when you hear everything over and over again like that, you don't think it's a conspiracy theory. Add to that the massive western media, who though may go against the government on domestic issues, they generally support them when it comes to international issues.

How about inviting neutral commentators including Arundhahti Roy on Topic INDIA

you can call her for self sataisfaction..
few points she says==
1)she supports those who says we will rule india in 2050
2)she was supporting them when maoist derailed the train which killed 150 ppl.
3)she supports those who believe in gun culture rather than democratic one..

btw there are lot,but my first point says all..

The people in Pakistan who generally agree with people like Ahmed Rashid, Parvez Hoodbhoy, Najam Sethi, ect, are Urdu-speakers from Karachi.

Back
Top Bottom