What's new

N-powered subs still a long way off, admits Navy chief

KashifAsrar

Reaction score
N-powered subs still a long way off, admits Navy chief

Rajat Pandit | TNN

New Delhi: With China possessing over two dozen nuclear submarines, apart from being the only force in Asia with submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) capabilities, the lack of similar capabilities obviously troubles the Indian Navy.
The Navy war doctrine, in fact, says it’s ‘‘vital’’ for India to possess nuclearpowered submarines capable of launching missiles with nuclear warheads to achieve strategic deterrence.
‘‘It’s part of our national policy to acquire a credible nuclear weapon triad but we are still some years away from it,’’ admitted Navy chief Admiral Sureesh Mehta on Saturday, speaking in the run-up to Navy Day on December 4.
‘‘China does have nuclear submarines. But we have not found them operating in our waters,’’ said Admiral Mehta. He added that China was ‘‘shaping the maritime battlefield’’ by developing linkages with countries like Pakistan, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. ‘‘We are ringed with states which may have a favourable disposition to China. But there is no need for a confrontationist attitude. They are looking ahead and we also need to look ahead,’’ said Admiral Mehta.
A d m i r a l Mehta is also keen to bolster the Navy’s maritime snooping c ap ab i l i t i e s. Apart from eight long-range maritime patrol aircraft and spy planes, it is keen to induct ‘‘rotary-wing’’ UAVs over the next few years. The Navy, said Admiral Mehta, was steadily heading towards becoming a true three-dimensional, capable of operating across the entire spectrum of maritime warfare.

Good job of scare mongering Admiral.Some years doesnt translate to a long way off.

But does china have two dozens nuclear subs? I doubt this CLAIM.
Kashif

China doesnt have two dozen nuclear subs.The SLBM havent been inducted but they are working.

He is tryin to scare the MoD and the government in general, so that they can wake up from their lazy sleep, Navy gets the lowest share of the Defence budget in iNdia. Its all about Funds in the end. In all honesty if at all india has to be influential, then it needs more funds for the navy.

Kashif are you interested in defence?
If yes please visit international forums and note down the name of propaganda authors,
adnan gill
rajat pandit
sengupta "who makes fish fly his writings are over-exxegarated"
shiv arror

They have baseless claims with no matter.
and things like that...........

China doesnt have two dozen nuclear subs.The SLBM havent been inducted but they are working.

He is tryin to scare the MoD and the government in general, so that they can wake up from their lazy sleep, Navy gets the lowest share of the Defence budget in iNdia. Its all about Funds in the end. In all honesty if at all india has to be influential, then it needs more funds for the navy.

Makes sence
i think chinese have a nuclear sub but dozen or so i dont think so

This is the latest on Indian indigenous nuclear submarines. I remember some time back a news report attributed to Indian Navy Chief said this was still years away. If this is really true than India has made great progress. Otherwise their haste to complete the project might jeopardise the entire project. They have a history of starting projects and after spending lots of money abandoning them. Hope this is not an addition to the list of those projects.

Indian Navy: Indigenous Nuclear Submarine In Two Years | India Defence

This is the latest on Indian indigenous nuclear submarines. I remember some time back a news report attributed to Indian Navy Chief said this was still years away. If this is really true than India has made great progress. Otherwise their haste to complete the project might jeopardise the entire project. They have a history of starting projects and after spending lots of money abandoning them. Hope this is not an addition to the list of those projects.

Indian Navy: Indigenous Nuclear Submarine In Two Years | India Defence

Absolutely true, Indian defence project have the history of prolong delay and cost escalation. But one also need to take not of this is India's very first attempt in trying to gain competence in sophisticated weapon system. Kindly do name me a single country in the world which does not experience such crisis.

Absolutely true, Indian defence project have the history of prolong delay and cost escalation. But one also need to take not of this is India's very first attempt in trying to gain competence in sophisticated weapon system. Kindly do name me a single country in the world which does not experience such crisis.

but my friend i think India should give free hand 2 its private sectors in defense production as they have huge resources, capital nd manpower 2 deliver projects on time. U wil see if privae sectors r given full freehand 2 operate in defense sector India will bekm world's top 3 defence producing kntry within 10 yrs.

but my friend i think India should give free hand 2 its private sectors in defense production as they have huge resources, capital nd manpower 2 deliver projects on time. U wil see if privae sectors r given full freehand 2 operate in defense sector India will bekm world's top 3 defence producing kntry within 10 yrs.

You have opened a 4 year old thread.....:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom