What's new

Myths about Muslims in India

While you point a finger at someone remaining fingers points towards you..We in India will take proper measure not for your sake but for our people.Do the same thing in your land..
Here is a data about Pakistan and other places where Muslims destroyed temples in last 15 years.
1.Pakistan - 242 temples damaged/ destroyed.
2.Bangla Desh- 357 temples damaged/ destroyed. Also included among these was the famous Dhakeshwari temple of Dhaka. This temple was first built in 15th century and was NOT a disputed structure.3.Britain - 4 temples damaged
4.Attacks on 56 other temples in rest of the world.

Source - News India Times , March 1993

Sh34uOJeNRs[/media] - Sheikh rasheed absued by a citizen

Thats ridiculous.. Dhakeswari Temple??? Thats like Mecca for Hindus in BD..
There must be a limit to these lies...
Yes there were some violence in BD, which is at the time of Election and solely related to the minority votes. Other disputes might come from land related.. But practicing Hinduism in Bangladesh were never questioned.. Temples were spared in all occasions...
Just labeling somebody else with the same blame imposed upon thyself, will not make those any better....

Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes there were some violence in BD, which is at the time of Election and solely related to the minority votes. Other disputes might come from land related.. But practicing Hinduism in Bangladesh were never questioned.. Temples were spared in all occasions...
Just labeling somebody else with the same blame imposed upon thyself, will not make those any better....

Thanks..

This is what I called Indian medias lies.:agree:

This is what I called Indian medias lies.:agree:
Like our former Finance Minister Saifur Rahman said, those who are not worthy of finding a job, goes to journalism..
Same goes for India.. Not talking about minority professional journalist but majority of them... :hitwall:

Thanks..

Wikipedia:

The Dhakeshwari Temple was severely damaged during the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War, and over half of the temple's buildings were destroyed. The main worship hall was taken over by the Pakistan Army and used as an ammunitions storage area. Several of the temple custodians were tortured and killed by the Army though most, including the Head Priest, fled to their ancestral villages and to India and therefore escaped death.

Dhakeshwari Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By creating a equal society where people with merit can do well irrespective of their religion. It is called secularism. :wave::wave::wave:

India is a proud secular country.:victory:

I wish if the world could agree with Indian secularism and claim of equal society.

Times of India compares NSSO (National Sample Survey Organization) collected between 2000 and 2005 to come up with the following:

… despite more and more persons [Indian Muslims] getting educated, they are not finding jobs at the same rate — a share of the educated are remaining out of the workforce. It also indicates discrimination — your religion can make all the difference in getting a job, even if you have the same educational qualification. This is starkly reflected in the shares of educated among those employed.

According to a study conducted by Paul Atwell of City University of New York and Katherine Newman of Princeton University:

… [We] found widespread discrimination against highly qualified low-caste individuals. We sent out 4,800 applications in response to advertisements for graduate jobs in Indian and multinational companies. These applicants bore distinctively upper-caste names, Muslim names and Dalit surnames, but were otherwise identical in educational qualifications and work experience.

The odds of a Dalit being invited for an interview were about two-thirds of the odds of a high-caste applicant with the same qualifications. The odds of a Muslim applicant being invited to an interview were even worse: only one-third as often as the high-caste Hindu counterpart.

The evidence is solid…

Most Indians don’t know how discrimination works. They think that only rebuking the other person with insults and treating them like **** in front of everyone is discrimination and everything else is just common civil protocol. When I asked hard questions on why there are only Hindus in a certain apartment complex, or why there are less than 1% Muslims in a very Bangalore-based software company, the answers were vague and most of them blamed Muslims themselves.

The most common excuse given by those who do not admit discrimination exists is to blame the victims. Most Germans and Europeans blamed Jews for their plight till the actual horrors of Holocaust came out. They continued to believe that Jews bought onto them the persecution and ostracism.

While Indians have been given enough dose of political correctness not to say the same thing about Indian scheduled castes and tribes, they are not so generous when it comes to Muslims of India. They are quick to point out that Muslims breed like rabbits, abhor regular education, not ready to take up employment, and stay in their slums not willing give up their neighborhoods.

Most often discrimination happens in very subtle ways.

It happens to each of us in different ways. Women get discriminated against in many forms and ways on a daily basis. When I went to rent out office space in Bangalore, the first thing I was asked was my caste. Thankfully, my partner’s caste saved the day and we got the place to rent. People brush off such things. Most often, those who brush off such things are not at the receiving end but at the other end of the stick where they get preferential treatment. Very few people actually get offended when they get preferential treatment because they belonged to a certain caste or religion.

Back when we were in college, a friend of mine walked back from a viva-voce for an extremely tough subject. When asked how it went, he said he really hated it. We naturally assumed he had done very bad. Actually, that was not the case. He was given very good marks. The only reason he hated it was because the teacher did not talk about anything else other than his caste. The teacher was quite impressed with his upper caste and hence the good marks. Very few people actually admit and detest it when given preferential treatment. Most other just gleefully accepted the good marks and never talk about that preferential treatment.

Indians need to learn and understand how the discrimination happens. We never seem to notice it even when it is thrown at our face. An Indian Canadian friend visiting India visited an Indian bank and found out that more than 95% of the officers had the same last names. There were nearly 35 of them. They all belonged to the same caste, of his caste. He admitted he didn’t know what to make of it. Should I celebrate that my caste-fellows are doing really great, or should be ashamed that though it was a government office, nobody noticed the absolute and glaring discrimination that was being carried out.

I come back to the main topic. Muslims are being discriminated against, either overtly, subtly or covertly and we are not ready to admit it. One doesn’t need to wait for the statistics to come- though they are already coming. Just look around you and ask some tough questions and be ready to come to really tough conclusions – You will discover it on your own.

Posted by Sujai K at Monday, October 27, 2008

E=mc^2: Muslims can’t find jobs

Wikipedia:

The Dhakeshwari Temple was severely damaged during the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War, and over half of the temple's buildings were destroyed. The main worship hall was taken over by the Pakistan Army and used as an ammunitions storage area. Several of the temple custodians were tortured and killed by the Army though most, including the Head Priest, fled to their ancestral villages and to India and therefore escaped death.

Dhakeshwari Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your earlier claim was in last 15 years.. In 1971 not only the temples but also Mosques were destroyed.. People's soul were destroyed.. People were dragged out of mosque/temples and killed in point blank..

Your earlier claim was in last 15 years.. In 1971 not only the temples but also Mosques were destroyed.. People's soul were destroyed.. People were dragged out of mosque/temples and killed in point blank..

Sorry? I never claimed anything.

The wikipedia article clearly says that it happened during the 1971 freedom struggle - and also it was damaged by Pakistani soldiers, so I doubt Bangladesh can be blamed for that.

Sorry? I never claimed anything.

The wikipedia article clearly says that it happened during the 1971 freedom struggle - and also it was damaged by Pakistani soldiers, so I doubt Bangladesh can be blamed for that.

Sorry my bad.. It was somebody else.. I did not follow the names of the posters...:woot:

What about the numerious Shia-Sunni riots in Pakistan, the numerous Karachi riots, the selective killing of Ahmediyyas? etc. Are they all terrorism also?

Its muslim killing muslim.........where talking about hindus kiling muslims.

How many times do hindus go around killing other hindus.

And your eagerness to count only muslims deaths just exposes your disgusting attitude.

Whats "disgusting" is you not answering the point and trying to change it to something else.

Again when was the last time the muslims in pakistan when on the rampage like hindus do in india against minorties.

Your point is valid.....when was the last time the hindus went and attacked a temple?
Muslims attack masjids and temples.

Simple fact is that muslims have attacked more masjids then they ever have temples.

Your point is valid.....when was the last time the hindus went and attacked a temple?
Muslims attack masjids and temples.

Simple fact is that muslims have attacked more masjids then they ever have temples.

Is that something worth bragging about?

Because the surroundings had more muslims around the muslims you are talking about.

I said Poverty is one of the major cause.

I will give a Bangladeshi view.
The terrorist organisation JMB,whose leaders are now executed,was formed in the poorer areas of Bangladesh.There the poverty level is high and no wonder JMB found large recruit within few years.

Poverty is and always be the player.

Yes poverty is a huge problem facing us, i agree.

another perspective : human trafficking. all the people trafficked and abused are exclusively poor.

conclusion : poverty makes people vulnerable to be used and abused. human traffickers use ppl for human trafficking. masterninds of terrorist ideologies use ppl for terrorism. poverty does lead to human trafficking, greed of human traffickers does. poverty does not lead to terrorism, murderous supremacist ideologies of religious bigots does. these ideologues are not poor and when supply of poor ends, they'll just use non poor by brainwashing them. the ideology is the enemy.

Purpose of the thread is not how he became rich.Please start a separate thread , if you wish, for this. This thread is exclusively for figures and facts.

RK

No, this thread is about Muslims in India.

Please stop comparing apple and oranges

Back
Top Bottom