What's new

Myanmar Plans for JF-17 production

We had made 147 Maruts & 14 LCAs (counting only indigenous designs) .So you exported 161 JF 17 s ?
Considering that the level of "technology" and "indegenisation", and involvement in design, is comparable to the screwdriver assembly of Mig-21s that India did in the 70s, the right comparison should be 550 Mig-21s India "designed" and "manufactured".

So, still a long way to go in terms of numbers.

No (acceptable to PAF) ,WS-13/17 Engine ,no export of any kind.

Exactly

interest in JF-17 is strong but no chinese engin (or atleast Russian free supply with no strings)

then no exports

As soon as we sort the engine supply issue the JF -17 will make alot of sense to alot of nations

The JF-17 will be popular, but I think the time is too soon.

While engine and tech is a problem to be solved within a few years, I think what we are forgetting is the time.

We think with 5th gen out and coming everyone is looking at that, but in reality I think it maybe another 10 years before JF-17 really take off. the thing is a lot of African nations and middle east as well as South American nations just don't have the money right now.

Remember J-7 was still sold well into the 2000s. So I'm expecting fourth gen to take off sometime in the future, but not right now.

This is not the first time i have seen people with whom you have discussion complaining you giving them negative ratings.
To avoid that why dont you report the posts and stop giving ratings to posts who reply to your posts.that might look more neautral.
You can always give ratings where you are not in discussion with the poster.
Ok then bhai.... at least bring facts into the table if you ARE gonna budge in...

Egypt, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Iran , Bangladesh Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and now Myanmar. who's next? how many units sold by now?
Plain and simple trolling, no facts what so ever.

The JF-17 will be popular, but I think the time is too soon.

While engine and tech is a problem to be solved within a few years, I think what we are forgetting is the time.

We think with 5th gen out and coming everyone is looking at that, but in reality I think it maybe another 10 years before JF-17 really take off. the thing is a lot of African nations and middle east as well as South American nations just don't have the money right now.

Remember J-7 was still sold well into the 2000s. So I'm expecting fourth gen to take off sometime in the future, but not right now.
No, not that long bro.

At this point, Egypt is the only country rthat seem to have seriously pursued JF-17 purchase to some extent. The rest I think is wishful thinking.

No agreement signed and no orders placed yet. Pakistan's own production is very low. So how can it accommodate export order?

Back
Top Bottom