What's new

My name is Pakistan and I’m not an Arab

I'm not an Arab but a hypocrite..... i take job from Arabs, but not loyal to my employer.
I milk Pakistan, but i do not pay Zakat/Charity in Pakistan.

Why both above stated facts are never a matter of notice for the media?

Then your government take aid from US/china as well then will it make Pakistan slave of all those nations who give us aid ?

Technically, @Haroon Yusuf is right. We are the slaves of the USA and Saudi Arabia.

No country gives "aid" without attaching any requirements to it. You think they throw billions of $$ our way and not expect us to tow their line or compromise certain of our national interests for their benefit?

Lets not forget who Drones our CITIZENS only a daily basis. Lets not forget who butchered 24 Pakistani soldiers a got away with it. Lets not forget who launched military spec ops deep into our territory right in our garrison town and still got away with it. Lets not forget Raymond Davis case, how he murdered 2 Pakistanis in cold blood and got away with it.

Qatar funding BLA and other separatists in Balochistan, we can't do anything about it. UAE had Shamsi Air Base under their command and from there American drones took off to kill Pakistani citizens and we could not do anything about it, at least not until the news broke out to the public that the Drones were taking off from our own territory from a base gifted to our Arab "Brothers".

Pakistan's sovereignty has been violated countless times.

Its because we are slave nation.

Last edited by a moderator:
In essence they mirror extremists in their interpretations which are also based more on bias and emotion rather than scholarly reference and logic.

That is the point than Imran Khan made: Pakistani society is polarized by these two extremist positions.

People like Nadeem Paracha actually end up helping the religious fanatics, because they equate liberalism with rejecting Islam, and it makes the job of real liberals that much harder.

You don't see people in the West throwing tantrums because people name their kids Joshua or David or Abraham. Religious heritage is an important part of one's cultural heritage.

Majority of Pakistanis have Iranian grandparents or ancestors.

Notable Pakistani people of Iranian descent include:

Ardeshir Cowasjee
Aga Khan III
Nusrat Bhutto
Lady Abdullah Haroon
Hussain Haroon
Hameed Haroon
Zeba Bakhtiar
Muhammad Ali Shahki
Nahid Mirza - wife of Iskander Mirza

Yes Pashtun n Baluch are iranic... and we have iranic tribes settled in punjab n sindh... and people who have iranic ancestors... like gilanis,awans,tajiks,kambohs,qazalbash(safavid-turks) etc etc... but also many indigenous tribes.

You don't see Indians wearing English suit and tie and western jeans/fashion clothes in India ? or Indians wear such stuff only when they visit England or western countries. We all get influence from different cultures. If we get influence from western society/culture then its not bad thing but if we adopt things from Arab culture then it will become identity crisis issue. Next we will say hijab is also Arabic thing not Islamic because its started from there. Yea i also have seen some British Muslim man wearing abaya(long salwar) when they go for Friday prayers but its look very much same as salwar kameez/ Pakistani dress so i don't see anything wrong with any dress as long as its modest and within Islamic code. Beard also has nothing to do with arab culture but people keep beard because its sunnah of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) :)

There are many things wrong but the part about hijab is the most.

Technically, @Haroon Yusuf is right. We are the slaves of the USA and Saudi Arabia.

No country gives "aid" without attaching any requirements to it. You think they throw billions of $$ our way and not expect us to tow their line or compromise certain of our national interests for their benefit?

Lets not forget who Drones our CITIZENS only a daily basis. Lets not forget who butchered 24 Pakistani soldiers a got away with it. Lets not forget who launched military spec ops deep into our territory right in our garrison town and still got away with it. Lets not forget Raymond Davis case, how he murdered 2 Pakistanis in cold blood and got away with it.

Qatar funding BLA and other separatists in Balochistan, we can't do anything about it. UAE had Shamsi Air Base under their command and from there American drones took off to kill Pakistani citizens and we could not do anything about it, at least not until the news broke out to the public that the Drones were taking off from our own territory from a base gifted to our Arab "Brothers".

Pakistan's sovereignty has been violated countless times.

Its because we are slave nation.

Even China and India get aid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Majority of Pakistanis have Iranian grandparents or ancestors.

Notable Pakistani people of Iranian descent include:

Ardeshir Cowasjee
Aga Khan III
Nusrat Bhutto
Lady Abdullah Haroon
Hussain Haroon
Hameed Haroon
Zeba Bakhtiar
Muhammad Ali Shahki
Nahid Mirza - wife of Iskander Mirza

Persian names were and are to an extent still quite common. My name is persian.
Persia also has had a massive influence on Pakistan due to usage of persian as the official language by muslim rulers of the subcontinent. The flow of cultural influence in fact comes from the Sufis who came from Arabia through persia and into India.
That particular culture had a mix of both Arabic, Persian and Hindu(inhabitants of the area) influences and was till the actual Arabization drive fairly prominent. Arabic influence on Persia and vice versa is also seen in the breakwaters of the middle east.. and till recently due to the rise of the Bedouin and their culture taking the limelight as center stage for Arab culture.. a lot of persian influences could be seen.
I often replace the words "Peer, Mangal, Budh etc" for days since first and foremost these are more sanskrit terms and essentially more Hindi than Urdu.. and because the original words for days were "Dushambe, Che-shambe etc" as these were the original components of Urdu that came from the Tajik language. It's cultural preference simply because it was part of the culture of the areas in India where Urdu was preserved the most.
Now, the issue of looking like an Arab, Talking like an Arab , Walking like an Arab is something that has been brought in simply because the bearers of this mixed identity found themselves at odds trying to differentiate themselves from Indians in an attempt to justify partition. It their own loss that they tried to create an objective image for the partition without realizing the subjective reasons behind it.

It still does not detract or remove the influence of the Quran and teachings which ARE in Arabic into Persia, into India, into Africa and the Far east as a basis for religious identity.

That is the paranoia imbalance. Essentially Arabic is part of our religion which is part of our identity. However to make the distinction between religious identity and cultural invasion is important but not obsessive. We already have certain individuals on the forum who proscribe to Arabophobia without making any distinction between political Arabism and the Arabic context of our religion. Some go as far as to shun Arabic entirely from our religion to somehow come up with a detached version of something they refer to as Islam which is essentially devoid of anything that resembles the common religion. In essence they mirror extremists in their interpretations which are also based more on bias and emotion rather than scholarly reference and logic.

All the while wearing levis and twisting their tongues to pronounce Urdu words which somehow through the lens of such writers is not a cultural invasion or otherwise and is globalization. Perhaps the Swat Taliban took a cue from these types in that everything could be carried out in the name of Quran and Sunnah as long as people felt afraid to question it out of the lack of knowledge in subject matter; just as these members may post a long diatribe about Arabism but avoid the argument on the western influence under globalization.

The article itself isnt essentially incorrect but it fails to acknowledge that even the Sufi who converted many of today's subcontinent Muslims were descended or migrants from Arabia and at no point did they stop preaching the Quran in Arabic or shun the language altogether. Because they kept the distinction between religion and culture separate and made the distinction on what is required by religion and what is allowed and not clear. Around that framework developed the Hindu-Muslim culture across the many races of India and survives today. There is more common between a Tamil Muslim and Tamil Jain but at the same time there are certain practices and barriers that set them apart in who they are. Islam belongs to no one, not the Arabs. But the Quran is in that language because it was revealed so and will be kept so. The practices by the Prophet are also there as an example. If there is Arabic taught it has little to do with love for the Arabs but to do with its relation to the word of god. To constantly beat around the bush that the Arabization of Pakistan(which is infact a reality but for very different reasons) has to do with Islamic teachings in Arabic is simply creating dischord for the sake of dischord. Because if these individuals TRULY believed in the tainting of culture they would abandon all western culture and clothing, stop wearing jeans and all those items and forever abstain from the usage of english.. In this forum as well.

Its only bias and tilt that influences many such views and have little to do with balance.

I believe certain cultural influences from the West can actually benefit Pakistan. English is a evolved language and no Pakistani language is as evolved as English or any European language for that matter. Though i am in no way advocating replacing our native tongues with English, however the usage of English will enable us to progress in education at a much rapid pace.

We should request writer of this article to remove all arabic/persian words from Urdu to make it pure Pakistani language :D Our urdu should not be slave of Persian and Arabic by borrowing words from these languages

There are many things wrong but the part about hijab is the most.

care to elaborate what was wrong about it ? :what:

many people say hijab is arabic things but its not arabic thing but Islamic thing and different muslims adopt hijab according to their culture

That is the point than Imran Khan made: Pakistani society is polarized by these two extremist positions.

People like Nadeem Paracha actually end up helping the religious fanatics, because they equate liberalism with rejecting Islam, and it makes the job of real liberals that much harder.

You don't see people in the West throwing tantrums because people name their kids Joshua or David or Abraham. Religious heritage is an important part of one's cultural heritage.

Well, some elements of this cultural or rather ethnic tint could be seen in those societies as well. Jesus is always depicted as Caucasian even though there is no evidence of how and what he looked like. But at the same time, this disparity in language and versions can be seen as there is no longer a single constant version of the bible. However, that will spark off a religious debate and that is not the objective of this thread.

Plain and simply, I love the prophet because he was the most excellent example of a human being. Whatever examples from his life on how he walked and talked I wish to emulate I do so out of love and admiration. If he was an Arab or not is of no consequence of me because I do not dare question God's will on where he put who and how. The religious heritage has a lot to do with belief and I have no reason to be an international muslim so that if I do get odd looks for reciting durood in a bus I dont feel embarrassed. A plain and simple example of this I practice in these evenings.. I have the honor to lead six to seven daily in a prayer.. in that there is an egyptian, a bihari Pakistani, A Kashmiri, Two Keralites and a Tamil.. they all stand behind me as I recite the Quran and they all break their fast with the same prayer. However, none of them complain about Arabic ruining their culture.. as the Bihari will go on about Karachi and brag about Pakistan.. the Kashmiri will talk of Wazwan , the Keralites will remember Bada's.. and the Tamil guys will go to make idli.. They all also understand "La-illaha-illallah Mohammad-urasoolallah". If these people who associate Arabism with Islam cannot or will not understand or accept it.. That's their problem.

I believe certain cultural influences from the West can actually benefit Pakistan. English is a evolved language and no Pakistani language is as evolved as English or any European language for that matter. Though i am in no way advocating replacing our native tongues with English, however the usage of English will enable us to progress in education at a much rapid pace.

Absolutely, but do you feel violated with english? Do you feel you are being tainted by speaking it ? Would you rather write English in persian script or have Shakespeare translated into a local language in fear of it tainting your culture if you read it as it is?

We should request writer of this article to remove all arabic/persian words from Urdu to make it pure Pakistani language :D Our urdu should not be slave of Persian and Arabic by borrowing words from these languages

care to elaborate what was wrong about it ? :what:

many people say hijab is arabic things but its not arabic thing but Islamic thing and different muslims adopt hijab according to their culture

It's your perspective without any basis in fact, it's mostly used by insecure men by distorting verses from the Quran to make it look like a Islamic thing.
Think about it, namaz/salat is mentioned so many times in the Quran and very clearly but hijab is mentioned only where the meaning doesn't even refer to the dress!

I'm without a doubt pisssed at the increasing Arab (& Iranian) influence in Pakistan that started in the '80s but for the love of god I still can't see half as much as some Pakistanis & many non-Pakistanis get to see !

What Arab Culture ? How many of us are wearing Keffiyehs or those flowing Arab Robes ? The last time I heard someone say 'Ahlan Wasahlan' was from an ex-pat from Dubai cracking a joke !

And for all the Pakistanis of Arab Descent....which foOking rock are they hiding under that I can't find them in Lahore !

Dont worry bro, Pakistan is slowly transforming into India! Our culture and traditions revolves around Indian. Just turn on the tele and watch how indian celebrities farts are broadcast and even common pakistani loves to discuss this with passion.

You don't see Indians wearing English suit and tie and western jeans/fashion clothes in India ? or Indians wear such stuff only when they visit England or western countries. We all get influence from different cultures. If we get influence from western society/culture then its not bad thing but if we adopt things from Arab culture then it will become identity crisis issue. Next we will say hijab is also Arabic thing not Islamic because its started from there. Yea i also have seen some British Muslim man wearing abaya(long salwar) when they go for Friday prayers but its look very much same as salwar kameez/ Pakistani dress so i don't see anything wrong with any dress as long as its modest and within Islamic code. Beard also has nothing to do with arab culture but people keep beard because its sunnah of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) :)

I agree with you to some extent. Islam and Arab Culture are two different things, but if people do want to accept Arab culture, similar to how we have accepted western culture, then they are FREE to do so, similar to how we can adopt Iranian culture, and Iran has had a lot of cultural influence on us since they are our neighbours.

Creating a cultural fusion is a beautiful thing.

I think what why some people might fear Arab culture more than other culture influence is because, if you are a Muslim and want to understand Islam better, you need to Learn Arabic, and once you Learn Arabic, you do not remain an Ajmi ( from linguistic point of view) Thus, if we try to learn and understand our religion, we might slowly start learning Arabic to the point Arabic might take over Urdu. We might become linguistically Arabs, similar to Egyptians, who are non Arabs biologically, but linguistic they are Arabic speakers..

PS: Why the hell Indians are commenting on this? Its non of their business. Pakistan obsessed mosquitos. lol

Been born and raised in Saudi Arabia- even i will never want to be called an "arab"-
I am and will be Pakistani-
Whats the nadeem ulokapatha's sample size?- whats his basis of such gross derogatory generalisations?-

Back
Top Bottom