What's new

My Grandfather on his birth place Peshawar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way and have a soft corner for India at times because majority of my family still resides in India. I've visited India numerous times mostly for weddings and a few funerals but I can say that I feel the same in India as I do in Pakistan but trying to get a visa is a ******.

Arrey yaar,why so aggressive?
You are the only one who is standing out of the posters with a different kind of/aggressive post..

Most of the opinions you find here about other nations are not the actual ones and most citizens of both nations want cordial relations with each other..

You seems to have a high hope for a possible friendship but you are in for a shocker as time goes by when u spend some considerable time here.

I have participitated in many threads speaking on friendships and all and it all derailed as usual. I admit ive been a bit aggressive towards you, but checking the posts of few who have replied here will give you an idea of the "idea" behind their participation on this forum.

my grandfather came from gujranwala

He must be a pehalwan :) I met an Indian lady from Gujranwala on Istanbul airport. The first question she asked me " Uthay deey log hun vi khaan peena alay pehalwan ney" :) My answer was of course Yes

My maternal grandparents are from Amritsar so sure would like to visit that place one day.

My paternal grandfather came from Patiala and my maternal grandfather came from the state of naba (India).My wife's grandfather migrated from rayana. We are rajputs from variyah clan .

Grandpa is a true patriotic Indian and has a very soft corner for Pakistan specially Peshawar.He was born there in 1929 in a village Charkhana.He has some very fond memories of the place.
We belong to a Hindu Punjabi race and whenever he visits Nankana Sahib he never forgets going to Peshawar and recalls the old GOLD days.I remember on the day of Peshawar blast,he went under a shock and called up his old friends still living there,He has great love for Pakistan and Peshawar.
I came to know about it yesterday and decided to post it here as i found it very touching.
My Grandpa is blind now,he met with an accident 6 months earlier,he doesn't regret being blind but regrets the fact that we won't be able to see his birth place again.

His speech and feelings brought about a change in my feelings for Pakistan and reminded me that we were all one some time ago..

His only wish is that Pakistan and India become friends and those rich old gold days return
From deep inside we also want the same , but something out of the box needs to be done to bring closer the nations . e.g resolve the Kashmir dispute . Improve people to people contact , liberty for urgent visa , trade etc. I think India is a bigger country , it should come forward to do take forst steps and Pakistan should do the same.

my family is originally from Calcutta & i have relatives there i visited India many times my family left Calcutta in the 50's to migrate to east Pakistan after 1971 many went to Karachi & in mideast, u.s,u.k & Canada
i wish peace & friendship between India & Pakistan

All i can say is:
After partition, people should not forget that, it was relatively easier for hindus and sikhs to go from Pakistan to India, but a lot harder for muslims to move from India to Pakistan, especially those who were residing in Amritsar, Jilandar, Ludhiana, and Jammu.
Some of my relatives came from there and they almost got killed by Sikhs. I thank the British for saving them at the right time.

I don't want to start a fight but i'm just saying that Indians should accept the creation of Pakistan. It will never ever be part of India.

Peace...

All i can say is:
After partition, people should not forget that, it was relatively easier for hindus and sikhs to go from Pakistan to India, but a lot harder for muslims to move from India to Pakistan, especially those who were residing in Amritsar, Jilandar, Ludhiana, and Jammu.
Some of my relatives came from there and they almost got killed by Sikhs. I thank the British for saving them at the right time.

I don't want to start a fight but i'm just saying that Indians should accept the creation of Pakistan. It will never ever be part of India.

Brainwashed from biased Pakistani textbooks.

Brainwashed from biased Pakistani textbooks.

I'm not going to respond directly to you, cuz i don't want to wast my time.
This is a fact. Textbooks have nothing to do with this. I'm sure Indian maps, history, culture is all B.S. and propaganda. In fact, almost all western textbooks are written by Indian authors.

peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom