What's new

Muslims -- India's new 'untouchables'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.Imran Khan,

I dont have any problem with Pakistan, but, what irks me is that Pakistan cannot behave in such a way that Pakistan is a sole propretor of Islam. You are living in a situation where you are cheating yourself. Just because you live in Pakistan, it doesnot make you a better Muslim, nor I am a inferior muslim just because I live in India. Allah does not see weather I am an Indian or I am a Pakistani, what he sees in weather I am fathful and I do what is good and true.

One more thing. Yes, there are many muslims in India who are poor, but, we have an equal opportunity, and perhaps we can even dream about having a muslim prime minister one day. Can you say the same for any Hindu or Christian or a Sikh in Pakistan??? That is the difference between India and Pakistan.

Dear Zaheerkhan; sir
surly i agree with you on"Just because you live in Pakistan, it doesnot make you a better Muslim, nor I am a inferior muslim just because I live in India. Allah does not see weather I am an Indian or I am a Pakistani, what he sees in weather I am fathful and I do what is good and true".

but thats absoltly, indian press sectry's press breifing!:enjoy:
"but its more like indian press sectry briefing that" there are many muslims in India who are poor, but, we have an equal opportunity"

how about this?

Indian democracy unfair to Muslims: Shabana Azmi
17 Aug 2008, 0037 hrs IST, TNN

NEW DELHI: Although Muslims are safer in this country than in other parts of the world because they have a stake and space in Indian democracy, Actress Shabana Azmi

In an interview to a private TV channel, Azmi said, "I think there is not enough understanding of the fact that in a democracy how you treat the security of the minority must be a very important part for the success of a democracy. You can't only make token gestures and actually let them be in the state that they are as the Rajinder Sachar Committee report shows. So what happened is token gestures are made but real issues are never addressed."

Shabana Azmi said Indian politics has been unfair to Muslims and despite Indian secularism Muslims are discriminated against.

She said she couldn't buy a house in Mumbai because she was a Muslim. "I wanted to buy a flat in Bombay and it wasn't given to me because I was a Muslim and I read the same about Saif (Ali Khan). Now, I mean, if Javed Akhtar and Shabana Azmi cannot get a flat in Bombay because they are Muslims, then what are we talking about?"

Questioned about the Kashmir violence having a wider communal ramification elsewhere in the country at present, she said, "That's why I am so distressed over what is happening in Kashmir. For heaven's sake it should be brought to a stop and it should have been brought to a stop right when they started that nonsense." :lol::D:tup:

Dear Zaheerkhan; sir
surly i agree with you on"Just because you live in Pakistan, it doesnot make you a better Muslim, nor I am a inferior muslim just because I live in India. Allah does not see weather I am an Indian or I am a Pakistani, what he sees in weather I am fathful and I do what is good and true".

but thats absoltly, indian press sectry's press breifing!:enjoy:
"but its more like indian press sectry briefing that" there are many muslims in India who are poor, but, we have an equal opportunity"

how about this?

Indian democracy unfair to Muslims: Shabana Azmi
17 Aug 2008, 0037 hrs IST, TNN

NEW DELHI: Although Muslims are safer in this country than in other parts of the world because they have a stake and space in Indian democracy, Actress Shabana Azmi

In an interview to a private TV channel, Azmi said, "I think there is not enough understanding of the fact that in a democracy how you treat the security of the minority must be a very important part for the success of a democracy. You can't only make token gestures and actually let them be in the state that they are as the Rajinder Sachar Committee report shows. So what happened is token gestures are made but real issues are never addressed."

Shabana Azmi said Indian politics has been unfair to Muslims and despite Indian secularism Muslims are discriminated against.

She said she couldn't buy a house in Mumbai because she was a Muslim. "I wanted to buy a flat in Bombay and it wasn't given to me because I was a Muslim and I read the same about Saif (Ali Khan). Now, I mean, if Javed Akhtar and Shabana Azmi cannot get a flat in Bombay because they are Muslims, then what are we talking about?"

Questioned about the Kashmir violence having a wider communal ramification elsewhere in the country at present, she said, "That's why I am so distressed over what is happening in Kashmir. For heaven's sake it should be brought to a stop and it should have been brought to a stop right when they started that nonsense." :lol::D:tup:

Mr. Imran sir, Indian press is not a representative of Indian People, it is only a media that reaches people, and they are just trying to make money and they are trying to make hay when the sun is shining. There must be a media watch-dog in India, because the media is putting the govt. in an uncomfortable position. They do not even wait for the govt. to even release a statement, they speculate so much saying they have information from their own "sources" . Do you know that an American in the Taj during the attack, had survived it and after going back to America and sued the broadcaster CNN, because they had called him on his cellphone to check on him and had revealed that he was hiding in the bar,all of this in a live coverage and the terrorists who were monetering the television promptly made an attempt to search for this guy in the bar. The person owed his life to the commandos who were just there on time and managed to kill the Terrorist and save his life.He said CNN compromised his safety and of many others like him.

The broadcasters have the freedom of speech from the govt. and they should understand that with freedom comes responsibility, and they must behave with more responsibility.

Now, coming to Shabana Azmi, . How on earth can she claim the Indian constitution to be unfair to the muslims. She is a Muslim, and did you know she has all the freedom in the world to act as a lesbian in the Indian film "FIRE" , in which she had performed all kinds of non-sense including a intimate real sex scene with another woman, which included a controvercial deep smooch. This sounds crazy to point out, but, had she lived in a country like Iran or Iraq or Afganistan, she would have been stoned to death..and she claims the Indian constitution to be unfair?

Yes, if you say the Indian politics is unfair, then I would say Muslims are not widely represented in the parliments, but, the muslim votebank is the most important votebank in India.
Regarding the Indian society, just because somebody refuses to give a house on rent to a muslim, then the whole society cannot be labelled as unfair.It is personal choice.

India and Pakistan has open borders at so many places..... If Indian muslims are so frustrated y dont they run and come to the(so called) fortress of Islam????

Ever seen even a single case like that.....

Let me tell u one thing also.... Muslims from Bangladesh come to INDIA for a better life.......

If muslims feel bad in INDIA, why not even all the INDIAN muslims and Bangladeshi muslims living in INDIA, come to pakistan??????

Tell me y???????

India and Pakistan has open borders at so many places..... If Indian muslims are so frustrated y dont they run and come to the(so called) fortress of Islam????

Ever seen even a single case like that.....

Let me tell u one thing also.... Muslims from Bangladesh come to INDIA for a better life.......

If muslims feel bad in INDIA, why not even all the INDIAN muslims and Bangladeshi muslims living in INDIA, come to pakistan??????

Tell me y???????

they are happy in india evey one happy in his home land.y thay come pak and why pak accept them its foolish idea they will stay in india as a cityzen of india they have full rights to stay there.time is changed they do well for there country.ohhhhh my god learn us some good things i will so happy when pakistani people think only for pakistan.:pop:

they are happy in india evey one happy in his home land.y thay come pak and why pak accept them its foolish idea they will stay in india as a cityzen of india they have full rights to stay there.time is changed they do well for there country.ohhhhh my god learn us some good things i will so happy when pakistani people think only for pakistan.:pop:

Ya so what the hell make people of pakistan believe that they are the protectors of muslims in India.......If they are so concerned about not hurting the religion's sentiments, then y r u not helping people in cechneya??? y not uhighers of china???? y not muslims in iraq or afghanistan???? Y r u killing ur fellow muslims in FATA, Waziristan, Balochistan????? They might be terrorists but after all they are ur muslims brothers, arent they???????

Y Lal masjid massacre in which hundreds of muslims were killed??????

Dont throw stones at others if ur own home is made of glass, and that even so delicate........:frown:

Ya so what the hell make people of pakistan believe that they are the protectors of muslims

mind your language some extreamst not people of pakistan.

Dont throw stones at others if ur own home is made of glass

this one now have to learn indians

and go to hell chechnia indian muslims kashmir or afghans we only ceare pakistan

Hypothetically and without bias I'll try to list the advantages and disadvantages if a Muslim from India (like myself or Zaheer) were to be placed in Pakistan today.

Lets start with the good things

1. As a Muslim , I would be closer to my culture and heritage

2. I would be able to speak my mother tounge in all places

3. Not a single place will anyone even batter an eyelid on hearing my full Muslim name

4. Certain Festivals will be of a much higher profile in Pakistan such As Eid .

Now lets come to the not so good aspects.

1. Economically I'd have to grapple with 25% inflation against the 8-9% in India.

2. The society would be much more conservative and closed in comparison

3. The option to mingle and make friends in different communities would be pretty much gone.

4. Quality of Education and Job would take a hit.

5. Level of Security is marginally better here.

One can make thier own comparison and analysis as to whose life is better (Indian or Pakistani ) Muslim , I can tell you that I live a good life and observe that all muslims are not treated as second class citizens . Although there may be elements who could look at themselves .

But when I think of Muslims being treated oddly somewhere , I think of Maharashtra and Shiv Sena who got up to violence against Bihar and UP people who are more Hindu than anyone else , there has been anti-Sikh riots in the past . So in no way are Muslims always picked upon or terribly isolated , this is a wrong fact.

What has irked me these last years is how the world has glossed over India's problems. In 2006, for instance, former U.S. Defense Secretary William Cohen, whose Cohen Group invests heavily in India, said the U.S. and India were "perfect partners" because of their "multiethnic and secular democracies." When I asked to interview Cohen about the socioeconomic condition of Muslims, his public relations staffer said that conversation was too "in the weeds." But, to me, the condition of Muslims needs frank and open discussion if there is to be any hope of stemming Islamic radicalism and realizing true secular democracy in the country.

Err I did not know Sachar report was about alice in wonderland. I mean really, this woman completely bases her argument on a so called frank discussion by Indian governement, if that is not a frank discussion then what is. I mean why do we need a hippe with a useless J school degree talk about frank discussion. Why the heck she wants Cohen to speak about it.. Is not that Cohen had received any Phd from JNU in Islamic studies.

Pakistan is like a place for long lost relatives of a family called Islam - Just like a family feels pained by seeing its children living in penury, Pak feels pained too.

However, it is necessary to realise that India did have Muslims in top echelons of power and economy so there is a chance for the muslims to come to that level. What needs to be done is to find out why is it that still, so many muslims are living below poverty line!

we need to educate them, and get them on par!!!

From this, it is clear how some of the posters make fun of fellow muslim who is a successful person and role model to their community and the country, only because he is from India. All this facade of 'Indian muslims being treated as dirt' is nothing but hogwash. You try to show India in bad light regarding muslims not because you love fellow muslims but only for the heck of showing India bad.

Some people here should always look in the mirror every morning and ask the question that how you are treating fellow muslims like Shias and Ahmadiyyas before pointing fingers at others.

Ahmadiyya aren't Muslim. Know your fact before making comment buddy.

4 Muslims have become President of India the Supreme Commander of Indian Armed Forces.

3 Muslims have become Vice-Presidents of India including Hamid Ansari (the existing VP of India).

There have been 3 muslims who became Chief Justice of India.

Justice Fatima Beevi was the first woman to be appointed to the Supreme Court of India and the first Muslim woman to be appointed to any higher judiciary.

I lost the count of muslim Governors in Indian States.

I lost the count of Muslim Chief Ministers of Indian States.

Muslims have their own parties and leaders. Existing Lok Sabha have many muslim MP's

14th Lok Sabha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Existing Rajya Sabha have many muslims

Members of Rajya Sabha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are many leading muslim businessmen in India including Azeem Premji and Y.K.Hamid.

State of Andhra Pradesh have 4% Govt. Quota for Muslims.

80% of bollywood is muslim actor and actresses.

Indian Cricket.Hockey,Footbal Team is having many muslim players.

Now compare these facts to the hindu/sikh population of Pakistan and Bangladesh and see urself who is untouchable.

Ahmadiyya aren't Muslim.

Golly, you must opress them then. :)

Why are they not Muslim? Kindly review this video and tell us if this guy nanutwi (founder of Darulaloom Deoband) is Muslim as he seems to have the same beliefs as Ahamdiyya; uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0sw6Qyqjh04

So who are they? Why dont u enlight us instead of making empty statements?

Why are they not Muslim? Kindly review this video and tell us if this guy nanutwi (founder of Darulaloom Deoband) is Muslim as he seems to have the same beliefs as Ahamdiyya; uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0sw6Qyqjh04

ahmadiyas are not muslims because they belive in mirza ghulam ahmed qadiani as a prophet ( NAUZOOBILLAH)

Prophet MOHEMMED (P.B.U.H) is the last prophet you need to learn the first & the last ten verses of Surah KAHF May ALLAH guide you amin.

Last edited:
Prophet MOHEMMED (P.B.U.H) is the last prophet you need to learn the first & the last ten verses of Surah KAHF May ALLAH guide you amin.

So you do accept that this nanutwi guy, who is btw founder of Darulaloom Deoband no less, is a non-Muslim as he does not believe in the finality of prophethood? If not then what is your beef with Ahmadiyya who believe the same as this deobandi scholar guy?

May ALLAH guide you amin.

I am hoping you will help me get there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom