What's new

Muslims In America

CENTCOM

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you look at traditional and social media in Pakistan, it would seem that Muslims in America are treated like third class citizens who are prosecuted left, right and center. The news media indicates that Muslims are deliberately targeted and harassed by numerous groups and individuals. This is far from the truth. Let me tell you, the United States of America has been my country for almost thirty years. I had the privilege of attending one of the best universities in the country and own a home in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. During my thirty years of life in the U.S., I have never been discriminated against. While this does not mean that everyone has to agree with me, the overwhelming majority of Muslims I know feel exactly the same. There are some who complain about being singled out at airports when they travel. Because of my work, I get to travel a lot! I have traveled through most major U.S. airports and have seen people of all ethnicities going through random security checks and have never seen particularly Muslims being pulled aside. And even if they do, they should not complain for what is almost always just a minor inconvenience. Major attacks on the United States since 9/11 were orchestrated by those who attribute themselves as part of the Muslim faith, which is sadly a plain fact that can’t be overlooked. Conspiracy theorists will jump up and down and say otherwise, but this is the truth.

Another fact is that there is an estimated 8 million Muslims living in this country, and almost every state and major cities have Islamic centers and Mosques. Muslims openly and freely celebrate their religious festivals. We enjoy the liberty guaranteed by U.S. Constitution for every American to practice their “freedom of religion.”

Muslims in America along with Muslims all over the world are celebrating Ramadan. I see special offers from main stream stores for the Month of Ramadan. The variety of Ramadan celebrations might surprise an uninformed reader. Just yesterday, I attended an Iftar hosted at the U.S. Central Command Headquarters at MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida. This program was attended by Muslim members of the military and civilian personnel working at MacDill AFB. The Commander of U.S. CENTCOM, General Lloyd J. Austin was the Guest of Honor along with the Mayor of Tampa Bay, Bob Buckhorn. These distinguished guests celebrated the Iftar tradition with Muslims at CENTCOM. General Austin spoke about the virtues of Ramadan and how it brings families and friends together to enjoy a blessed evening. He pointed out how Ramadan is special to the Muslim faith and that he learned more about the tradition of Iftar that evening. He wished the Muslims in the Command, “a blessed rest of the Ramadan.”

This is just one example of how Ramadan is celebrated throughout the United States of America. Even the President hosts an Iftar at the White House every year. It is a misconception that Muslims are treated as second class citizens in America. There is not an iota of truth in that statement. Muslims excel in every facet of American life. They are world renowned doctors, engineers, administrators, businessmen, serve in our government and participate in and lead in private industry. Muslim Americans have the same opportunities to live the American dream as any other American.

It is easy to shout out ‘discrimination’ when things do not go the way we want. When I hear that call of “discrimination,” I feel that we are all compelled to closely scrutinize and investigate the issues. We shouldn’t sit idle and let the issue languish and wait for some court to make a decision whether the accusation is true or false. I believe that we all have the ability to examine the issues, apply common sense, and make a rational decision. In this case I think the facts are pretty clear and the accusations of universal discrimination against Muslims in America are unfounded. Look at the facts and just think!

Abdul Qaddus
DET-United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

This is a conflict of media perceptions and the counter perceptions. And so despite many efforts to bring a Median narrative.. the most vociferous voice will prevail..which should arrive on this thread in a while and will demonstrate its paranoia.

see 46:00

Last edited by a moderator:

It is easy to shout out ‘discrimination’ when things do not go the way we want. When I hear that call of “discrimination,” I feel that we are all compelled to closely scrutinize and investigate the issues. We shouldn’t sit idle and let the issue languish and wait for some court to make a decision whether the accusation is true or false. I believe that we all have the ability to examine the issues, apply common sense, and make a rational decision. In this case I think the facts are pretty clear and the accusations of universal discrimination against Muslims in America are unfounded. Look at the facts and just think!

Abdul Qaddus
DET-United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

If there is no discrimination, why is it so hard for Pakistanis to get visa for studying in USA compared to other nationalities? If we are an ally on the war on terror, then why this discrimination?

If there is no discrimination, why is it so hard for Pakistanis to get visa for studying in USA compared to other nationalities? If we are an ally on the war on terror, then why this discrimination?

My nephew was rejected for U.S tourist visa at 12 year old and 15 year old trying to visit me inspite of providing all the documents and financial ability to support his travel in US and the family ties backhome to demonstrate his intention to return home. Should I cry discrimination?

My nephew was rejected for U.S tourist visa at 12 year old and 15 year old trying to visit me inspite of providing all the documents and financial ability to support his travel in US and the family ties backhome to demonstrate his intention to return home. Should I cry discrimination?

I am talking about overall percentages, not individual cases.

Because a lot of Pakistanis who go to countries like the US and UK for studies end up doing "one pound fish" instead of studying.

I am talking about overall percentages, not individual cases.

I have seen the percentage of Indians having their visa rejected increase over years(I have couple of friends who own consulting companies who had mentioned this as well)

Because a lot of Pakistanis who go to countries like the US and UK for studies end up doing "one pound fish" instead of studying.

No more than many other countries.

what is the rejection rate in pakistan...

it is nearly impossible from Pakistan, very high rejection rates.

I have seen the percentage of Indians having their visa rejected increase over years(I have couple of friends who own consulting companies who had mentioned this as well)

But still not as high rejection as for Pakistanis.

No more than many other countries.

it is nearly impossible from Pakistan, very high rejection rates.

But still not as high rejection as for Pakistanis.

may be they should bring transparency.. like UK.. here you will clearly know why visa was rejected.

Never trust the media bros, I lived here all my life and i have yet to be descriminated at. America is a great place, everyone is cool with each other. I have hindu, jewish friends. My bestfriend is a christian. A hindu girl even stayed over my house for like 3 days. It truly is an open diverse society. But that may be because i live in new york. I don't know about the south. It's the same as in american media. Talking about how pakistan is a conservative society and that gays and non muslims are discriminated in pakistan. Yet when i went to lahore on vacation we used to hang out with a christian boy. And i saw gay people walk in the streets and get money from people. Don't even get me started on those transexual dancers and heera mundi. I hate americas foreign policy but this is one of the greatest country on earth to be if you have a job.

Back
Top Bottom