Muslim Cremation Sparks India Uproar

Icewolf

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Monday, 21 January 2013 00:00

The cremation of a missing Muslim youth by Indian police has sparked a heated uproar in the country
CAIRO – The cremation of the body of a missing Muslim youth by Indian police has sparked uproar in the country, amid calls for investigation into the issue.

“My son was wearing a shirt stitched by me and there was a tailor mark on his collar that had the name and address of my shop,” Shahid’s father Master Champa said speaking to Newsline, The Indian Express reported on Monday, January 21.

“Had the police looked at the case sincerely, I would have at least been able to perform the last rites for my son.”
Is Cremation Prohibited in Islam?

How Islam Views Cremation

Shahid, a 20-year old son of a tailor, went missing from his home at Sangam Vihar on January 11.

On the same day, his mutilated body was found by the Railways Police of Crime Branch on the tracks of Nizamuddin Railway Station.

While keeping his body in the mortuary, the police uploaded Shahid’s picture on Zip Net on the same day of his death in an effort to find his family.

Though the family checked the Zip Net, they could not identify that the body was of their son.

"They had not found any clue for the identification of the body and did not even approach the local district police," Salim, a cousin of the deceased, told The Poineer.

Registering a missing complaint, the father went to the police station every day to ask about his missing son.

On January 19, he was directed by officers at the police station to the missing squad.

“I went to the missing squad on Saturday and identified my son in the photograph of the body. I spotted the shirt in the photo as the face was mutilated,” the father said.

“As soon as I saw the picture, I knew that it was him. I had stitched that shirt for him. When I told officials that he is my son, I was sent to the police station and then the hospital.

“I rushed to the hospital, only to find that he had been cremated,” the shocked father said.

Investigation Urged

The Muslim father demanded an immediate explanation from police over cremating his son’s body.

“Such officials should be suspended with immediate effect,” Champa said.

“How could they not notice my tailor mark on the shirt, which has my address.”

The police argued that the tailor mark was soaked in blood and was not visible.

“The officials also spoke to the doctor who conducted the post-mortem examination and asked if there was anything to indicate that the man belonged to a particular area, but nothing significant was found as the body was mutilated,” SBS Tyagi said.

“The body was cremated after making efforts to ascertain his identity.”

Tyagi pledged to investigate the issue.

“We are looking into the matter and if someone is found negligent, disciplinary action will be taken,” he added.

In Islam, cremation is prohibited as it is disrespectful to the dead body and Islam calls for respecting human beings whether alive or dead.

A Muslim’s dead body should be immediately taken to a mortuary for washing and preparation.

Two or three adult Muslims should wash the body and then put on the shroud (kafan). Before the burial, the funeral prayer should be done.

The burial should be done as soon as possible. It is makruh (reprehensible) to delay the burial of the dead.

Muslim Cremation Sparks India Uproar - Asia-Pacific - News - OnIslam.net

Well obviously a Muslim site will highlight Muslim problems, moron

And what does the city matter?

Oh The Great Panache of Intelligence , The Resident Einstein of PDF find a News source .

And i hope your great Mind do knows what is a News Source . Best of Luck .

And i did not Hope that YOU , The Resident Einstein of PDF will ask me why the place of reporting Matters when the place of reporting mentioned and the place of alleged Incident are continents apart.

How would the police know whether the boy was Hindu or Muslim or Jain or Sikh or Parsi ?

He was dead and no one came to claim the body and mathematically in India there is more probability of a dead body being Hindu than being any other religion and hence they cremated.

Big deal.
@WebMaster did you not say local news are not allowed ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Monday, 21 January 2013 00:00

The cremation of a missing Muslim youth by Indian police has sparked a heated uproar in the country
CAIRO – The cremation of the body of a missing Muslim youth by Indian police has sparked uproar in the country, amid calls for investigation into the issue.

“My son was wearing a shirt stitched by me and there was a tailor mark on his collar that had the name and address of my shop,” Shahid’s father Master Champa said speaking to Newsline, The Indian Express reported on Monday, January 21.

“Had the police looked at the case sincerely, I would have at least been able to perform the last rites for my son.”
Is Cremation Prohibited in Islam?

How Islam Views Cremation

Shahid, a 20-year old son of a tailor, went missing from his home at Sangam Vihar on January 11.

On the same day, his mutilated body was found by the Railways Police of Crime Branch on the tracks of Nizamuddin Railway Station.

While keeping his body in the mortuary, the police uploaded Shahid’s picture on Zip Net on the same day of his death in an effort to find his family.

Though the family checked the Zip Net, they could not identify that the body was of their son.

"They had not found any clue for the identification of the body and did not even approach the local district police," Salim, a cousin of the deceased, told The Poineer.

Registering a missing complaint, the father went to the police station every day to ask about his missing son.

On January 19, he was directed by officers at the police station to the missing squad.

“I went to the missing squad on Saturday and identified my son in the photograph of the body. I spotted the shirt in the photo as the face was mutilated,” the father said.

“As soon as I saw the picture, I knew that it was him. I had stitched that shirt for him. When I told officials that he is my son, I was sent to the police station and then the hospital.

“I rushed to the hospital, only to find that he had been cremated,” the shocked father said.

Investigation Urged

The Muslim father demanded an immediate explanation from police over cremating his son’s body.

“Such officials should be suspended with immediate effect,” Champa said.

“How could they not notice my tailor mark on the shirt, which has my address.”

The police argued that the tailor mark was soaked in blood and was not visible.

“The officials also spoke to the doctor who conducted the post-mortem examination and asked if there was anything to indicate that the man belonged to a particular area, but nothing significant was found as the body was mutilated,” SBS Tyagi said.

“The body was cremated after making efforts to ascertain his identity.”

Tyagi pledged to investigate the issue.

“We are looking into the matter and if someone is found negligent, disciplinary action will be taken,” he added.

In Islam, cremation is prohibited as it is disrespectful to the dead body and Islam calls for respecting human beings whether alive or dead.

A Muslim’s dead body should be immediately taken to a mortuary for washing and preparation.

Two or three adult Muslims should wash the body and then put on the shroud (kafan). Before the burial, the funeral prayer should be done.

The burial should be done as soon as possible. It is makruh (reprehensible) to delay the burial of the dead.

Muslim Cremation Sparks India Uproar - Asia-Pacific - News - OnIslam.net

Cairo Police need to learn about countries and also on which part of the earth Islam exists and also check the documents of the person and also ask people around him if he is studying their or he is on visit in short they need to do some research man

How would the police know whether the boy was Hindu or Muslim or Jain or Sikh or Parsi ?

He was dead and no one came to claim the body and mathematically in India there is more probability of a dead body being Hindu than being any other religion and hence they cremated.

Big deal.
@WebMaster did you not say local news are not allowed ?

This is not local news

This is a religous crime

"“We are looking into the matter and if someone is found negligent, disciplinary action will be taken,” he added.
"

This is not local news

This is a religous crime

Please elaborate!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If you are going to elaborate.... request you to read it once again.... with a cool mind - I am sorry if am asking you too much )

@WebMaster , pls create a separate forum for indian social issues as this seems to be a very popular section.

Since indians are now allowed to make social issues on pakistan..... our pakistan friends are using this to maximum.... If their ego get satisfied..... Let them.

Oh The Great Panache of Intelligence , The Resident Einstein of PDF find a News source .

And i hope your great Mind do knows what is a News Source . Best of Luck .

And i did not Hope that YOU , The Resident Einstein of PDF will ask me why the place of reporting Matters when the place of reporting mentioned and the place of alleged Incident are continents apart.

Onislam.Net and Place of Reporting Cairo .

There could not have been a more Authentic Source . Well done little wolf .

Newsline, The Indian Express reported on Monday, January 21.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...mation-sparks-india-uproar.html#ixzz2ImRhpgE4

this was the source news mentioned it.

on the other hand i think the cremation part was no fault of the police since they could not ascertain his idenity. The police should do more investigation to find out the identities in such cases before cremation or burrying

@WebMaster , pls create a separate forum for indian social issues as this seems to be a very popular section.

Its need of the hour to have social issues section for entire world.

Back
Top Bottom