What's new

Musharraf era was much better as compared to present rule: Rashid Qureshi

My friend, SC first allowed Musharraf to take part in election and then didn't allowed the result to be relased. This is the reason why emergency was placed.

Ifikhar sahib caused the emergency on purpose, this guy Iftikhar also cuased the massacre in Karachi.

If he is not fully responsible then he is at least partially (60%) responsible for these issues.

I dont know from where are u getting these pathetic news.

SC allowed mushy to take part in elections just because elections were due at that time and couldnt postponed just because a case had been filed against the president.

Iftikhar caused massacre in Karachi??? are u in your senses? It was MQM that killed people with full support of Musharaff....Cant a cheif justice visit a city?

For your information, just watch a news channel when Iftikhar chaudhary is visiting any city, look how the public welcomed him, unlike mushy...when he departed people literally danced on the streets....

and not to forget the shoes in USA. he deserved that:taz:

For your information, just watch a news channel when Iftikhar chaudhary is visiting any city, look how the public welcomed him, unlike mushy...when he departed people literally danced on the streets....
Does not change the fact that he was a good leader.In a country with our mindset we either need a sincere dictator or an absolute monarch to get anything done. We are like a bunch of bratty children whose sincerity's are a passing fancy. Our yesterday's hero will be tomorrow villain. It all depends on which side of the bed we wake up that morning.I absolutely **HATE** politics but the bottom line is Pakistan would not have pulled though these past 8 years without a dictator like Musharraf. As for those who worship that moronic chief justice lol @ ya..God Help people of Pakistan and put some sense in those who were celebrating after that.

yeah he was a good leader, being an army general he compromised soverignity of =the country, raped the constitution thrice, murdered and sent his contrymen to Guantanamobay, literally became a puppy of bush, sacked the Cheif Justice coz he was about to give dicision against him, Kargil debacle, etc etc etc..But he was a good leader.

If this is the defination of a good leader than I must say, I have never seen a leader like Musharaff..a leader who did not respect his own countrymen.

yeah he was a good leader, being an army general he compromised soverignity of =the country, raped the constitution thrice, murdered and sent his contrymen to Guantanamobay, literally became a puppy of bush, sacked the Cheif Justice coz he was about to give dicision against him, Kargil debacle, etc etc etc..But he was a good leader.

If this is the defination of a good leader than I must say, I have never seen a leader like Musharaff..a leader who did not respect his own countrymen.

By that definition Raheel, every leader that we've seen in our history was a corrupt, selfish Individual. Can you deny all the economic growth that we saw during Musharraf's time? And for the last time, Musharraf did the RIGHT thing by siding with the Americans after 9/11. It was the need for that moment. We've seen in history that American "Patriotism" results in War. They were just about looking for ANY reason to Invade ANYTHING as a "Revenge". Times were different back then and the decision was right on Musharraf's part for the sake of our existence.

I'm not saying that Musharraf was a "Role model" for all of us, but all I'm saying is that the positive aspects of his leadership should be given their deserving credit.

By that definition Raheel, every leader that we've seen in our history was a corrupt, selfish Individual. Can you deny all the economic growth that we saw during Musharraf's time? And for the last time, Musharraf did the RIGHT thing by siding with the Americans after 9/11. It was the need for that moment. We've seen in history that American "Patriotism" results in War. They were just about looking for ANY reason to Invade ANYTHING as a "Revenge". Times were different back then and the decision was right on Musharraf's part for the sake of our existence.

I'm not saying that Musharraf was a "Role model" for all of us, but all I'm saying is that the positive aspects of his leadership should be given their deserving credit.

Yeah I am not denying it, Infact we only had two "LEADERS" in our entire history and they were Jinnah and Bhutto. The major reason for the economic growth of that time was because musharaff got enough time to implement his economic strategies, He got 9+ years with absolutely no Opposition.

coming to your last point, Yes the time was difficult for him but he could hve done better remember the statement of US senator that they had expected him to agree at 3-4 terms at maximum but he agreed to all 9.

and secondly we have not faced slightest of pressure which Iran is facing since the Islamic revoultion, not only from USA but EU and Israel, yet they have managed not only to survive but maintain their dignity and self respect.

Just a matter of some "Big Balls" I guess

and secondly we have not faced slightest of pressure which Iran is facing since the Islamic revoultion, not only from USA but EU and Israel, yet they have managed not only to survive but maintain their dignity and self respect.

Just a matter of some "Big Balls" I guess

Iran doesn't have an arch enemy thrice it's size which it shares a border with it. Iran also doesn't have a 60+ year old Regional land dispute with an enemy that has one of the largest Military of the world. Iran's water also doesn't come from it's enemy's territory which now is systematically being choked for our demise. Comparing Iran's Isolation to us is laughable. We can't sustain an Isolation from the rest of the world due to our "Severe" natural problems.

Exactly..Iran is not attacked becuase in reality it is not a threat to America..it's a threat to Israel only..America would have attacked Pakistan because Pakistan's Tribal Areas were in fact a threat to America and keep in mind Americans were extremely angry at that time.They would not give a **** if Bush nuked Pakistan.Pakistan would have been destroyed one way or another and is Bhutto not the every same leader who abused Bangalis in speeches, during rallies..By the way Iran can survive with isolation from the west because it can sell oil to China but Pakistan cannot survive because Our largest Trade Partner is United States.We were sanctioned badly and our Air Force was extremely weak back then.

Last edited:
Exactly..Iran is not attacked becuase in reality it is not a threat to America..it's a threat to Israel only..America would have attacked Pakistan because Pakistan's Tribal Areas were in fact a threat to America and keep in mind Americans were extremely angry at that time.They would not give a **** if Bush nuked Pakistan.Pakistan would have been destroyed one way or another and is Bhutto not the every same leader who abused Bangalis in speeches, during rallies..By the way Iran can survive with isolation from the west because it can sell oil to China but Pakistan cannot survive because Our largest Trade Partner is United States.We were sanctioned badly and our Air Force was extremely weak back then.

Please don't bunk school and specially your history class.

Please don't bunk school and specially your history class.
Trust me Bhutto did abuse Bangales in rallies.I know several people who have heard it live and here is a video in which he proudly call all Bangladeshis (East Pakistanis) Pigs and bastards

Last edited by a moderator:
Iran doesn't have an arch enemy thrice it's size which it shares a border with it. Iran also doesn't have a 60+ year old Regional land dispute with an enemy that has one of the largest Military of the world. Iran's water also doesn't come from it's enemy's territory which now is systematically being choked for our demise. Comparing Iran's Isolation to us is laughable. We can't sustain an Isolation from the rest of the world due to our "Severe" natural problems.

Every nation has their own problems, you cant compare one nation's problem to others. Its the leader's of the nation that take out them of crises, Iranian leadership and their people faced their problems with a lot of courage, credit must be given to their brave leadership..they stood up against nuclear capable Israel and west....whereas Musharaff literally surrendered....you do not expect this from an army cheif of the 7th largest army of the world.

Iran is a bigger threat to Israel than what taliban are to USA, Moreover Do i n eed to remind you that its jews who control the polictics of USA?

Iranians stood up against a nuclear capable israel, A most advanced military power of the present times with the backing of the west.

Its the leaders and the will of a nation that keeps their enemy honest not weapons.

Hi guys I'm new here its my first post! Look as far as mushy is concerned there were good points and bad points. In terms of patriotism and honesty I would obviously pick him over any other pathetic politician (which our country is full of mashalla). However, his rule was full of the same corrupt, law-breaking, constitution-trashing, selfish dictatorship that we have seen for the last 60 years in our country. His economic achievements were extremely short-term. I agree that perhaps the only reason for the partial economic success was the fact the he got such a long tenure (9 years) that was stable and without any disruption from any kind of opposition.

And lets not forget that alot of the issues such as energy-crisis, inflation-crisis and provincial-instability that we are seeing today are all remnants of his era. I dont support AZ, BB or NS but I dont think mushy was all that great either.

Exactly..Iran is not attacked becuase in reality it is not a threat to America..it's a threat to Israel only
That is EXACTLY backwards. Iran threatens to replace America as the hegemon in the middle east. Israel, which enjoyed good relations with Iran in the past, may well cut a deal for favored treatment. After all, it has traditionally been the Arabs who have posed the greatest threat to Persia's power. If the Iranians have been saying the opposite that may be because they want to throw the world off-guard until they have nukes.

Consider that if the Iranians openly proclaimed they were building a nuclear arsenal to dominate the Arabs that might unite an international coalition against themselves. Much safer to mouth anti-Zionism until the dominating moment arrives, yes? Remember, the chess-playing carpet-weavers aren't Arabs; they plan it all ahead, and they, unlike the Arabs, can make their schemes work.

Every nation has their own problems, you cant compare one nation's problem to others. Its the leader's of the nation that take out them of crises, Iranian leadership and their people faced their problems with a lot of courage, credit must be given to their brave leadership..they stood up against nuclear capable Israel and west....whereas Musharaff literally surrendered....you do not expect this from an army cheif of the 7th largest army of the world.

No, but in this case, our Problems are FAR greater than Iran and always have been. U.S was our major arms supplier back then and the only route into Afghanistan was through Pakistan. Iran didn't had any relation with the U.S since the Islamic revolution and Putin wasn't generous enough to let the yanks pass through their territory. We were pretty much bottled into this situation and realizing that we were their only option, they threatened us. And ALSO agreed on increasing military supplies to Pakistan.

Everything was working in our favour with that deal. And in the wake of 9/11, emotions filled the air instead of sensibility. We JUST could NOT Have afforded an isolation in those dire moments. It would've been a total suicide for EVERY Pakistani to go against that proposal.

It doesn't matter if you have "Big balls" As you put it, to do the right thing. For a long term goal, you must forget about them and act in a manner that preserves your existence and secures your long term aims.

Back
Top Bottom