What's new

Mumbai police bust rave party: 2 IPL palyers among 100 nationals detained

waheed gul

Reaction score
Mumbai: Nearly 100 people have been detained this evening after the Mumbai police busted a rave party at a hotel in suburban Juhu.
According to the police, 58 men and 38 women have been detained; most of them are foreign nationals. Sources say the detainees include two players of the Indian Premier League (IPL), children of celebrities and people related to Bollywood.
The police have also seized 110 grams of cocaine and MDMA, popularly known as Ecstasy, from the famous Oak Woods Hotel, where the rave party was being held. The raid was conducted at around 9:30 pm and went on for nearly an hour.
"Approximately 110 grams of cocaine along with MDMA, Ecstasy and charas were seized," Additional Commissioner of Police Vishwas Nagre Patil said. "We will do a proper investigation into who organised the party and who were the drug peddlers," he added.
A case has been registered against the hotel under the Narcotic Drug and Psychotropic Substances act
:cheesy::cheesy:

Mumbai police bust rave party: 2 IPL palyers among 100 nationals and 19 foreigers detained

110 grams?.. thats weak .. like a thursday night get together in karachi.

^^Mumbai police is laughable..stopping rave party and hookah party(why the hell hookah is illegal in MUMBAI?) anbd doing nothing for rapes,murders and terrorist attacks.

Agreed. Doesn't have time to stop terrorist attacks but have all the time in the world to be party poopers.

Seriously? According to you , police should even stop investigating theft crimes because there are thousands of pending murder and rape cases to solve. I bet the police doesn't have time to search for rave parties to bust , they obviously got some information from a source that such a party was being organised and they did their job. Thousands of such parties are held everyday but hardly a few get busted and only because someone leaks the information to the police. I suggest you read about Indian laws about narcotics before displaying your cynicism. If this party hadn't been busted , you would be the first one commenting how the rich can do whatever they want and get away, how the youth of the country is being ruined by drugs , police is not doing its job , blah blah blah.

@topic

Again IPL in controversy. I hope this stupid league is cancelled for good. It's all about money , parties , ***** bollywood etc etc , everything except cricket. Players get drunk , attempt to rape women in hotel , do drugs , ideots like shahrukh display their superstar mentality on the field and fight with stadium officials. To save IPL , get rid of foreign players, get rid of bollywood and allot teams to responsible respected companies instead of these bollywood stars. I hate the stupid item numbers and dances they perform on stage , i hate it when they boss around the field and camera focusses on them. It's just lame and pathetic.

Seriously? According to you , police should even stop investigating theft crimes because there are thousands of pending murder and rape cases to solve. I bet the police doesn't have time to search for rave parties to bust , they obviously got some information from a source that such a party was being organised and they did their job. Thousands of such parties are held everyday but hardly a few get busted and only because someone leaks the information to the police. I suggest you read about Indian laws about narcotics before displaying your cynicism. If this party hadn't been busted , you would be the first one commenting how the rich can do whatever they want and get away, how the youth of the country is being ruined by drugs , police is not doing its job , blah blah blah.

Sorry I am not one of these whiny types always taking pot shots at rich for no reason at all. As long as these parties are conducted privately, I don't have any problem with this. Just assuming that you are one of those who takes an occasional drink (forgive me if you don't) how do yo feel if police bursts inside your home and arrest you for serving liquor in your private party. As per Indian law even when you have to serve liquor in a party at your own house you have to take permission from concerned authorities and you can't keep more than 5L of alcohol at home.

I am sorry I cannot agree to this type of 'busts' when Mumbai like any other city have bigger problems to solve.

Again IPL in controversy. I hope this stupid league is cancelled for good. It's all about money , parties , ***** bollywood etc etc , everything except cricket. Players get drunk , attempt to rape women in hotel , do drugs , ideots like shahrukh display their superstar mentality on the field and fight with stadium officials. To save IPL , get rid of foreign players, get rid of bollywood and allot teams to responsible respected companies instead of these bollywood stars. I hate the stupid item numbers and dances they perform on stage , i hate it when they boss around the field and camera focusses on them. It's just lame and pathetic.

Most of us see IPL for Chris Gayle's sixers rather than SRK's tantrums on and off field.

As for
money: whats wrong in paying good money for talent.
foreign players: bring in variety and helps our players horn their skills in 'peace time'.
bollywood: bring in the required Glamour Quotient.

This foreigners dont even respects indian law & even they treat indian ladies as their slaves like they can do wht ever to india/indians.......obviously indians will be proud for their presence:D

This foreigners dont even respects indian law & even they treat indian ladies as their slaves like they can do wht ever to india/indians.......obviously indians will be proud for their presence:D

AFAIK, the foreigners were mostly ladies.

Sorry I am not one of these whiny types always taking pot shots at rich for no reason at all. As long as these parties are conducted privately, I don't have any problem with this. Just assuming that you are one of those who takes an occasional drink (forgive me if you don't) how do yo feel if police bursts inside your home and arrest you for serving liquor in your private party. As per Indian law even when you have to serve liquor in a party at your own house yo have to take permission from concerned authorities and yo can't keep more than 5L at home.

I am sorry I cannot agree to this type of 'busts' when Mumbai like any other city have bigger problems to solve.

Most of us see IPL for Chris Gayle's sixers rather than SRK's tantrums on and off field.

Bro , there's a huge difference between serving Alcohol and Narcotics. Hell , this is not weed , ganja etc that we are talking about , else i wouldn't even bother reading the whole article. Narcotics don't just **** people up , once powerful drug cartels are formed , they can really mess up law and order. You only need to look at mexico and columbia to be scared of narcotics. Many areas in these countries have law and order situation worse than the worst district of Bihar or the most terrorism affected region of Pakistan. Narcotics is real serious stuff.

Yaa I tell you... it was quite an achievement to have foreigners in India and that too in an Indian party .... we are just showcasing to the world now with this piece of news.

Bro , there's a huge difference between serving Alcohol and Narcotics. Hell , this is not weed , ganja etc that we are talking about , else i wouldn't even bother reading the whole article. Narcotics don't just **** people up , once powerful drug cartels are formed , they can really mess up law and order. You only need to look at mexico and columbia to be scared of narcotics. Many areas in these countries have law and order situation worse than the worst district of Bihar or the most terrorism affected region of Pakistan. Narcotics is real serious stuff.

110 grams confiscated and 100 persons arrested. Thats just 1 gram for every participant. Yes, drugs are dangerous..but would it be better if police seal off the smuggling routes and arrest the drug overlords and their cronies in the administration than arrest the end users. I refuse to believe that almost all of the party goers were drug users. Most of them may be there for a good time, now they have their reputation tarnished for eternity. Why can't the police just arrest the drug users and spare the rest? Whats the need to make this bust a media spectacle? I suspect this was all a PR stunt.

Also whats so 'right' with Ganja. As per Indian law, its also a narcotic eventhough its use is more wide spread.

Back
Top Bottom