What's new

Mumbai demo turns violent, two dead and dozens injured

Apparently was pre planned. Message was spread on FB and through SMS.

Mumbai violence may have been pre-planned: Police - Rediff.com India News

Found this photo fake photo on facebook with this message posted by some shytehead bdeshi.

189495_401895929871480_1194170007_n.jpg

Hey people of Assam specially Alamganj....
I want to ask U something that do U have guts to do something for this violence in BORDERLAND..
Look in a day in Mumbai, what they did. They don't have any relatives in BORDERLAND even then they come out of house and protesting against the violence. They are fighting for those homeless, landless people in BORDERLAND.
Think if U were a victim of this violence then what U will do. U are doing nothing coz uor relatives has not been killed.
Being a human is it out duty???????
I can loudly say that leaders in alamganj are gay. They can't do anything.
They are not doing coz there's no monetary profit.
They speak with only money...

The moron doesn't even know that its BODOLAND and not Broderland :cheesy:

Rightly said if Indian muslim praises Wasim Akram or Shoaib Akhtar he becomes Deshdrohi(Hum Kare to Balatkar) and if Indian Hindu does the same he becomes open-minded(Tum Kare to Chamatkar):cheesy::cheesy:

Yeah Yeah..stop playing the victim card, its getting boring now.

This is for those retards who suffer from selective amnesia and who have a habit of :blah::blah::blah:
8962736.png

So but that doesn't change the fact she was heart broken bcs the Turkish guy lost to an India bcs some marriage alliance done more than a century ago.

way to go mumbai protesters!! luvin the reaction of the hypocrite hindu trolls here :rofl:. when shiv sainiks do violent protest in mumbai every other day they r considered patriots. when indian muslims protest they r traitors. wah wah wah. :rofl:

There is no way NDA is coming in Maharashtra
The rise of NCP and fall of Shiv sena in the past 2 years is phenomenal
So its a Bet between US... If NCP-Congress alliance i live the city if NDA comes U leave the city what say???

So its a Bet between US... If NCP-Congress alliance i live the city if NDA comes U leave the city what say???

Is it true that Raj Thakrey is mending its ties with Bala saheb..?

I hope NDA comes to power in Mharashtra and retains it for at least 15 years...

Mumbai: Police on Sunday arrested 23 people on charge of murder in the violence in Mumbai yesterday in which two persons were killed and 55 people, including 46 policemen, were injured, which appeared to be a "pre-planned" act.

Besides the 23 people, who were booked under section 302 of IPC, the organisers, Raza Academy and Madina Tul Ilm Foundation, also faced similar charges, police said.

The accused were produced in a local court on Sunday which remanded them in police custody till August 19.

What prompted police to suspect that the violence was pre-meditated was that the word about the event was spread through Facebook, sources said, adding that the investigators might rope in the Cyber Crime cell to find out who posted the online messages and sent the SMSes.

Police suspect the violence to be a "pre-planned" act as participants at the Azad Maidan rally came "prepared" to wreak havoc.

As rioters carried sticks and rods with them, police are now probing from where the weapons were procured and where they were stored before the trouble started.

"We are also investigating the source of petrol cans. The mob set the vehicles on fire in a much planned way," a police official said.

According to police, the CCTV footage showing the protesters pouring petrol on vehicles before torching them has been obtained and would be examined.

A special team of Crime Branch, headed by an Assistant Commissioner of Police and consisting of 12 officers, will conduct the investigations.

The rally, held yesterday afternoon at Azad Maidan in South Mumbai to denounce riots in Assam and also the alleged attacks on a minority community in Myanmar, turned violent with the mob pelting stones, torching vehicles and damaging buses, forcing police to open fire in which Mohammed Umar (22) and Altaf Shaikh (18) were killed.

A war memorial outside the BMC office was also vandalised in yesterday's incident. Meanwhile, two police rifles snatched away by the mob from police personnel yesterday were today found dumped, along with 19 rounds out of 160 rounds stolen, at Amritnagar in Mumbra, in neighbouring Thane district, police said.

"We will question people in the vicinity to find out who dumped these bullets in the area," an official said.

"The Crime Branch would also probe if any inflammatory speech was made by the organisers of the protest rally, where 17 people were present on the stage and five others had addressed the gathering before the violence broke out. We will study their speech," he said.

According to police, a panchnama (spot inspection) will be carried out first to assess the damage to public property and Raza Academy may be asked to pay compensation as per the Bombay Police Act, while the CCTV footage and other available videos would be examined to recreate the developments of last afternoon.

Meanwhile, government railway police (GRP) sources said they have obtained the CCTV footage of the mob boarding local trains from Kurla railway station, alighting at CST and vandalising vehicles there.

Raza Academy and Madina Tul Ilm Foundation had told police in their application seeking permission to hold the rally that they were expecting a turnout of around 1,500. Some media reports today pegged the actual figure at over 10,000, police said.

When senior police inspector of Azad Maidan police station on Friday inquired with the organisers if the strength would increase, he was told that they were expecting a crowd of little more than 1,500 people.

According to sources, Madina-Tul-Ilm had allowed Raza Academy to take over as the organiser last week.

Police said complete normalcy has been restored following the deployment of over 700 policemen, with no untoward incident being reported today.

Look's like the arson was pre planned - lot of people will definitely go to jail for this.

Mumbai police sources say CCTV footage shows a mob boarding a train from the Kurla station and alighting at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) armed with sticks, rods and cans. The Mumbai Police believes this mob infiltrated the crowds at the protest and a distinction is being made between the crowd that was already there and the one that came from outside.

The lumpen elements set fire to media and police vehicles and desecrated the Amar Jawan memorial dedicated to the Unknown Soldier at the CST station.

CCTV footage also shows the mob molested women, including women cops. Three police weapons - two rifles and one pistol - were stolen at the time of the clashes.

24 people who have been arrested for the clashes were produced in a Mumbai court on Sunday. They have been booked for rioting and damage to public and private property. All of them have been remanded to police custody till August 19.

17 people who were present on the dais at Azad Maidan are being examined too, police sources said. These include five Speakers; the police are verifying if they had said anything inflammatory to provoke the crowd.

Sources say the organisers of the protest informed the police that about 1500 people would attend the rally, after which 700 policemen were deployed.

The police have asked various media channels that had cameras to cover the protest to share footage for the investigation.

On Saturday, protesters began gathering at the Azad Maidan around noon. By 2 pm, over 5000 people were present. As the crowds swelled, the peaceful protest turned violent and at around 3.30 pm, a section of protesters started pelting stones and set fire to 11 vehicles, including police and media vans.

The police fired in the air and resorted to a lathicharge to disperse the crowds. The State Reserve Police and riot control police were also immediately pressed into action and the situation was brought under control in 30 minutes.

The protesters had gathered to condemn the violence between Bodos and Bengali speaking settlers in Assam over the last one month. The clashes have left nearly four lakh people displaced and over 70 dead in the state.

Was rioting in Mumbai part of a planned conspiracy? | NDTV.com

I do not understand your logic mate. Can you be more clear?

It doesnt matter how they are treated in Pak or Bangla. It is nothing to do with us. They should have migrated to India in 1947 itself. Why migrating now?
man my opinion would not have changed if he was hindu or muslim or sikh.

Because they are being mistreated .......

They are being oppressed and as an Indian and Hindu , it is our right to protect them .......
Now substitute Hindu with a Muslim and bring in the Assam Riots or Burmese Riots.

Now if the so called Hindu Kar Sewaks pay a little more heed to the Pakistani Hindus who are already in India living like stateless people in Punjab and Rajasthan.Heard about few families in Rajpura who are living illegally they took their case to BJP and RSS but no one is interested as that would translate to a handful of votes.

I'm not even going to talk about Kashmiri Pandits and who made them homeless ? :rolleyes:

lol why R U getting emotional

I said the truth .. Don't believe me then just check the Zilla Parishad election that took place just couple of months ago when Anna's campaign was at the peak
NCP won the elections single handedly without the help of Congress

Yes but anti UPA seniment is growing fast after all these huge scams, vote bank politics, economic slowdown etc and result we saw in the mumbai municipal elections early this year

SS-BJP has stronghold in BMC .. It is not going to changE
NDA has third term in BMC still they lost Mumbai badly in Assembly and National elections

NCP single handedly swept Zilla Parishad elections when Anna's campaign against corruption and Black money was at it's peak
And rural areas form the largest voter base not the urban areas
People in urban areas go for outings and vacations during votings :lol:

I just hope in between a Indo-Pak war these scums don't start shouting OMG Muslims are dying in Pakistan :cheesy::cheesy:

lol why R U getting emotional

I said the truth .. Don't believe me then just check the Zilla Parishad election that took place just couple of months ago when Anna's campaign was at the peak
NCP won the elections single handedly without the help of Congress

SS-BJP has stronghold in BMC .. It is not going to changE
NDA has third term in BMC still they lost Mumbai badly in Assembly and National elections

NCP single handedly swept Zilla Parishad elections when Anna's campaign against corruption and Black money was at it's peak
And rural areas form the largest voter base not the urban areas

Yups and Sharad Pawar and Bal Thackrey are close friends and NCP-Cong rift is no secret

way to go mumbai protesters!! luvin the reaction of the hypocrite hindu trolls here :rofl:. when shiv sainiks do violent protest in mumbai every other day they r considered patriots. when indian muslims protest they r traitors. wah wah wah. :rofl:

Kindly quote one incident of violet protest which has been considered patriotic in India (by mainstream media or majority of Indians)

Its a tragedy that in India the urban educated elite never votes, while the rural population stands in long Qs under hot sun to cast their vote . Anyways as long as people vote for free grinders & mixies and sops, India will have more 2G scams.

It reminded me of an incident that I read in newspaper sometime back. The reporter from our local newspaper visited Bihar village during the election campaign and he asked a local who is bigger Sonia Gandhi or Lalu..he answered Lalu..Why? bcs Lalu's helicopter had 4 blades while Sonia's had only 2 :D

Back
Top Bottom